• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cayman Turtle Farm

DebHorner04

Earning My Ears
Since DCL no longer offers this as an excursion, we are looking into booking it on our own. Anyone book this ahead of time, or did you just grab a taxi and go? Thanks.

You can get a discount my booking a head of time. We got 20% off and kids 4 and under are FREE.

We booked ahead with Discount Excursions. It was the least expensive way I found to do it. It did limit our time there to a certain amount, but it was plenty of time to do everything we wanted to do.

We also booked ahead with Discount Excursions. At first we were worried we wouldn’t have enough time but actually the time allowed was just right. However we were two adults. Kids may want to stay longer.

We went with Captain Marvin's, which included a stop at Hell. $30/person, kids 4 and under free.

Well it is a turtle farm not a turtle sanctuary.
Some people get a little upset once they work it out the hard way...

A lot of the turtles are released but yes I was upset that some are used for food. I think 10 percent

We went via a tour when you go you can have pictures taken holding the turtles. We did this and paid. Then you can go to the next “pool” and actually get in to hold them and take your own photos. We did not know this when paid so up to you

We have used Captain Marvin in the past and loved them. They give a little tour of the island also and will drop you off where ever you want. Highly recommend. You can email them prior to the trip and set everything up.

A lot of the turtles are released but yes I was upset that some are used for food. I think 10 percent

We went via a tour when you go you can have pictures taken holding the turtles. We did this and paid. Then you can go to the next “pool” and actually get in to hold them and take your own photos. We did not know this when paid so up to you
Good eats. You should try!

Are they still offering a combo tour that goes to there and Stingray City? That's what we did and it was great.

Are they still offering a combo tour that goes to there and Stingray City? That's what we did and it was great.

When I looked that is all I could find - the combos. Which stunk as I have zero desire to purposely get in the water with those things flapping all around me. Nightmare City if you ask me! :P

One thing to consider, why is DCL not offering it? Check TripAdvisor reviews.

Because the turtles are raised there in order to be killed and eaten?

Seriously, if you want to encounter turtles and stop at Cozumel during your cruise, try to book Save a sea turtle experience. The goal is to save them and if you get lucky you will find many in the nest you dig.

Because the turtles are raised there in order to be killed and eaten?

Some of them are for consumption. The island culture has traditionally had turtles in their diet. It's a hard thing to tell people they can't eat something they've traditionally consumed. So the turtle farm works both for conservation and some are farmed for foods. I don't remember the percentage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter