Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

So I am obsessed with Hidden Mickey hunting....it is SO fun! I definitely need to get the latest edition as I have the 7th and it is well loved!

Gosh, I miss one day and already this report is on page 2! I love your Jen and Joe vlogs, but I am excited to read all the details! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! We only have 41 days to go before we arrive at WDW... not that I am counting or anything! :cheer2:

Ah my kids used to love finding the Hidden Mickeys...we do still look at times. My oldest has an older version of that book. It's definitely a fun way to pass the time in lines and in the parks.

Gosh, I miss one day and already this report is on page 2! I love your Jen and Joe vlogs, but I am excited to read all the details! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! We only have 41 days to go before we arrive at WDW... not that I am counting or anything! :cheer2:

:welcome:

Thank you for joining in and watching our vlogs!!!

Ah my kids used to love finding the Hidden Mickeys...we do still look at times. My oldest has an older version of that book. It's definitely a fun way to pass the time in lines and in the parks.
This was so sweet of Ariane! She's top notch!!!

Hi friends! So, I lied. LOL! I don't think I will start with the "live" updates. I will just fit them in where it's relevant. I'm afraid things will get too confusing if I do it that way...Let's start with Travel Day... 😁

Again, Joe and I made the poor choice of booking the first flight out, which is always super early. I think we were up and out the door by 3:30 am. I think the flight took off around 730 am...Everything went smoothly and we were on the ground and in St Pete by 11. This flight was a lot more crowded than when we flew in July. Every seat was taken with the exception of the middle seats. SW is still keeping those open for a bit longer...

We arrived in Tampa, found our luggage, and picked up the rental car. We decided to go with Budget this time as it was $150 cheaper than National (who we usually rent with). BIG MISTAKE!!! To make a LONG story short, we had 2 cars from Budget this trip (not planned) that smelled like an ashtray, were filthy, and one had a flat tire which didn't end up getting changed until 1 am the 3rd night of vacation. It was a complete nightmare and we are supposedly getting $200 back. I'll believe it when it's taken off my Visa...

We amused ourselves on the flight by playing cards, watching the Mandalorian, and taking selfies...

For lunch, we went to one of our favorite Thai spots in St Pete.

Next up...Lunch with Julie, Todd, and Gia! Yes, we FINALLY get to see our niece!

13C3ADB3-AAF5-4AF1-9147-C7E14318B7ED.jpeg49DA5D00-14A6-4A73-83B3-93D1365867AA.jpeg8ECE55A8-BB70-49AA-A6C7-1ADF0FE954D9.jpegC44D0F30-25BC-40DD-A1D3-13ECB1BD44FD.jpeg953FCC8F-0E3B-4D40-BB29-E74C72F6C33C.jpeg408E6D69-A3A1-49A3-A295-F6A5CA1F2A51.jpeg

Last edited:
You make me laugh every TR when you mention that god awful flight time!! I'm sure it always seem like a great idea when you book it, and then feels like WHYYYYYY when you have to get up that morning :)

SO glad you finally got to see Gia!!!

I enjoy your reports and love your youtube stuff. And from the last trip, I have to say a good Dirty (or 2...)will get ya everytime-

:welcome:

HAHA! And, thank you so much!

You make me laugh every TR when you mention that god awful flight time!! I'm sure it always seem like a great idea when you book it, and then feels like WHYYYYYY when you have to get up that morning :)

Oh Jackie! We just never learn, lol!

SO glad you finally got to see Gia!!!
We were so happy to see her, although she was a bit naughty this trip...😁

OMG Budget is the ONE rental car company I will NEVER EVER EVER use again. We rent cars all of the time, mostly in Orlando...and I've used Thrifty, Dollar, Avis, and Alamo...and they have all been great. The one time I tried to use Budget....the wait was the WORST and the car we ended up with I don't even remember. I did email them after the fact and I think they did refund my money because it was a nightmare. Never. Again.

Ah with the early flights. We are doing at 7am later this month and the only good thing I can say is we live 15-20 minutes from the airport and no traffic with multiple routes just in case. Debating what we've done before and having a kid drop us off and/or pick us up, but with our flight home probably giong to be at a time he'll be working or in school, it just might be easier for us to pay and park. We use an great off-site parking company as well that drops us off and picks us up at our vehicle so it's super easy and fast. I haven't used them post Covid though. Now DH is one who like to be at the airport two hours early at LEAST during normal conditions (yes for a domestic flight) where I could roll up there an hour or less early and be fine...but we are usually TSA Precheck as well. He eased off a bit on the last trip and let us go to the airport a bit later, so hopefully for this trip we can plan to arrive around 6am or so, which might mean leaving our house by 5:30am or a little earlier. Not horrible I guess since that's our normal waking time during the week for work. Kids will hate it of course as they are night owls and not morning people.

Yes and since we rode in one of those cars with you, let me say this trip we ALL felt that "extra dirty"-ness :rotfl2::rotfl:
So true. Joe and I honestly felt like we were sitting in an ashtray every time we had to drive it. SUPER GROSS!

OMG Budget is the ONE rental car company I will NEVER EVER EVER use again. We rent cars all of the time, mostly in Orlando...and I've used Thrifty, Dollar, Avis, and Alamo...and they have all been great. The one time I tried to use Budget....the wait was the WORST and the car we ended up with I don't even remember. I did email them after the fact and I think they did refund my money because it was a nightmare. Never. Again.
It sucks!!!! They are the worst car rental company EVER!!!!

Great start! We're doing the early flight too after telling myself I wouldn't go it again. Love your Magic Bands. I'm really going to miss getting this in the future.

Great start! We're doing the early flight too after telling myself I wouldn't go it again. Love your Magic Bands. I'm really going to miss getting this in the future.
We always say we will never book the early flight again. We're liers. LOL!
I think Disney is going to keep MB's, just not have the free ones anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter