Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

I hadn't commented on your brunch yet but that looked SO good. Dole whips and buratta for brunch. Sign me up!!!

Glad to hear beaches and cream was able to seat all of you and great call making reservations for ice cream. Jason is dying to do the kitchen sink sometime. We'll have to do it together so we can vlog all about it :D

I cannot believe how big Gia has gotten. I remember the first time we briefly met and she was so tiny in her stroller. I'm sure it was so hard not to see her for so long. Lucky girl to have you all to take her to Disney for a few days.

Our room was amazing and our view didn't disappoint either.
Glad the view was good, I don't think we even talked about that lol!

Man that's making me wish I'd gotten the No Way Jose back in July :( And now I need to see if I can get us in there next month or at least fit in a window visit!

I hadn't commented on your brunch yet but that looked SO good. Dole whips and buratta for brunch. Sign me up!!!
I cannot recommend WBG enough. This place is amazing!!!!

I cannot believe how big Gia has gotten. I remember the first time we briefly met and she was so tiny in her stroller. I'm sure it was so hard not to see her for so long. Lucky girl to have you all to take her to Disney for a few days.
Kari, she was so naughty. lol! I forgot that they grow up and form opinions.

Love love love Beaches and Cream and the No Way Jose 😋. Gia is hilarious with her peace signs and sugar rush commentary 😂
She sure had a lot to say (all the time, lol).

Glad the view was good, I don't think we even talked about that lol!

Man that's making me wish I'd gotten the No Way Jose back in July :( And now I need to see if I can get us in there next month or at least fit in a window visit!
Honestly, I don't think we've ever had a bad view at Disney.
That sundae was out of this world. I may try to replicate it at home. I'm definitely going to try to snag a Feb reservation for dessert.

Jen - I am sorry to hear about your father. * hugs *

Gia ordered a few scoops of chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles, whip cream, and a cherry. Joe and I split the No Way Jose. OMG! This was absolutely amazing and I totally understand why it's such a big
Gia was so cute with her ice cream and sugar high. The ice cream looks great. We have a reservation at Beaches and Cream later this month and will have to leave room for a sundae. :)

I don't like the layout for the bathroom at GF. I like lots of counter space and it works better to have the tub and toilet in a separate room. But otherwise, the room itself looks nice. Was it missing a balcony?

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my grandma, who was really one of my best friends, two years ago and I still have days when I miss her so much that I cry. Healing and grieving takes time, make sure to take whatever time you need.

On a happier note, I love your Contemporary room!! It’s my favorite resort so far, but I haven’t stayed in the garden wing yet. Also Gia is so cute!! I can see why it was so hard to be away from her for so long.

Jen - I am sorry to hear about your father. * hugs *
Thank you. It was a rough week.

Was it missing a balcony?
No, the only rooms that have some sort of outdoor space in the Garden Wing are first floor rooms.

So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my grandma, who was really one of my best friends, two years ago and I still have days when I miss her so much that I cry. Healing and grieving takes time, make sure to take whatever time you need.
Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss too.

On a happier note, I love your Contemporary room!! It’s my favorite resort so far, but I haven’t stayed in the garden wing yet. Also Gia is so cute!! I can see why it was so hard to be away from her for so long.
Sh'e definitely a cutie and full of energy!!!

Great room and view! :goodvibes
Thanks Moira!

First off, Jenny I am so very sorry about your dad. He sounds like such a wonderful man. I hope all the wonderful memories of him bring you some comfort now and in the future. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you and your family. :hug:

Thankfully Disney and Gia can add some fun and laughs back into your life! She is so cute and I love how enthusiastic she is about Jen and Joe on the Go :goodvibes :laughing: I think you may have a star in the making :cool2:

So happy to "see" you back here. LOVED the newest videos...Gia is quite the character, but not unlike most kids her age for sure.

Man I really would love to return to Beaches and Cream someday. We did the kitchen sink last time we ate there...and it was so much fun to try. I can put away some ice cream myself for sure!

Love the look of those Contemp Garden Wings. We haven't stayed there in so many years but they look lovely now. We have neighbors heading down there THIS week and staying there for the first time. I told them I think they will enjoy it. The location is the BEST of course. We have stayed in Bay Lake Tower a few times in recent years and really love it there.

I'm with you on that. I love peanut butter too!!
Oh Kathy! It was soooooo good!

Gia is so cute! So nice that you got to spend some time with her.
It was awesome to spend time with her. We'll see her again next weekend!!! Yay!

Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Annie!!!

First off, Jenny I am so very sorry about your dad. He sounds like such a wonderful man. I hope all the wonderful memories of him bring you some comfort now and in the future. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you and your family. :hug:
Thank you Tracy.

Thankfully Disney and Gia can add some fun and laughs back into your life! She is so cute and I love how enthusiastic she is about Jen and Joe on the Go :goodvibes :laughing: I think you may have a star in the making :cool2:
She's quite a character, lol!

Love the look of those Contemp Garden Wings. We haven't stayed there in so many years but they look lovely now. We have neighbors heading down there THIS week and staying there for the first time. I told them I think they will enjoy it. The location is the BEST of course. We have stayed in Bay Lake Tower a few times in recent years and really love it there.
Hi Dina! I love the CR. I love the retro feel but it is in need of some updating...

I’m so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. I read something when my father in law and brother in law passed away less than 60 days apart that described grief as ocean waves. The waves never go away, but as time goes the waves don’t seem as big and start to space out a little bit. So while some days might seem like the waves are crashing in and you can’t see the shore, know that they will start to calm some, and you will feel a little less like you’re drowning. I don’t know, I’m sure I’m not conveying it as well via message board, but it was comforting for me and my husband and really resonated with me.

Thank goodness we have things like Disney as a distraction when needed. I’ll be at Beaches and Cream in less than two weeks and am seriously considering what your ordered to tackle on my own.

We love Beaches and Cream! We always get the Kitchen Sink, with 3 adult boys, it is never a problem to finish the whole thing!
I've always wanted to try that!! It looks delicious.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. I read something when my father in law and brother in law passed away less than 60 days apart that described grief as ocean waves. The waves never go away, but as time goes the waves don’t seem as big and start to space out a little bit. So while some days might seem like the waves are crashing in and you can’t see the shore, know that they will start to calm some, and you will feel a little less like you’re drowning. I don’t know, I’m sure I’m not conveying it as well via message board, but it was comforting for me and my husband and really resonated with me.
That was very well put. Thank you. I am very sorry for your losses as well. What a horrible thing to have to go through.

Thank goodness we have things like Disney as a distraction when needed. I’ll be at Beaches and Cream in less than two weeks and am seriously considering what your ordered to tackle on my own.
I hope you have the best time!!! The No Way Jose was DELICIOUS!!!!

Joe and I split the No Way Jose. OMG! This was absolutely amazing and I totally understand why it's such a big hit.
The No Way Jose was very good, I had it on my last visit (yes, I had a full one all by myself...calories don't count on vacation :p)
On a previous visit I had the one I think with a Milky way bar in it with hot fudge and caramel. That was also really good, but sadly it does not seem to be on the menu anymore.
I think just about anything at Beaches and Cream would be good.

I got everything we wanted for our Thanksgiving trip and then afterwards decided I'd like to take the boys to Beaches and Cream again. So I'm on the hunt for a reservation!
Worse case, you can always go to the window and sit outside if it's a nice day...

The No Way Jose was very good, I had it on my last visit (yes, I had a full one all by myself...calories don't count on vacation :p)
On a previous visit I had the one I think with a Milky way bar in it with hot fudge and caramel. That was also really good, but sadly it does not seem to be on the menu anymore.
I think just about anything at Beaches and Cream would be good.
That one sounds good too. I love Milky Way bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter