Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

loveshak22

DIS Veteran
For many of us following the November ADR cancellation thread, we realize that in addition to posting cancellations we need a forum to chit-chat! So I started this thread...feel free to discuss all things related to November ADR cancellations such as, Disney releasing large numbers of ADRs for a week, benefits of paid subscription services for searching for dining, or even just questions about ADR planning.

This is not a place to post your cancellations (still do that in the official thread) and everyone must still follow the rules of the official cancellation thread - no trade/transfers/wanted posts! This thread is NOT to circumvent the rules of the cancellation thread, but instead to provide a venue for discussions outside of just cancellations.

Thanks Pumbaa for your amazing work on keeping the cancellation thread to just cancellations! I know it helps reduce frustration for those who are anxiously awaiting cancellation posts, hoping to get that one ADR that we want, and then get the email alert to see that it's not really a cancellation notice at all!

So, with that said, here's my chit-chat for the day...when all of those BOG reservations opened up on Monday (I think it was) I checked for ADRs and none popped up for me. I literally hit the "Find Reservation" button about 50 times in about 20 minutes and then two dinner ADRs popped up. Now I feel like I need to hit the "Find Reservation" button 50 times for each reservation I want in hopes I get one - LOL! Although, that takes a lot of time. So I'm chalking Monday up just to the craziness of the release of a lot of BOG reservations and people cancelling all sorts of ADRs as they were able to snag more??

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread! I am hoping to get BOG lunch or dinner for several different dates (although I have one preferred), and I don't know how often I should keep trying. Luckily I'm not too busy at work, but still :sad2: It seems futile, and I really don't want to pay for a service (yet).

Awesome - thank you so much for this thread! I felt awful about accidentally breaking the rules of the cancellation thread, so I'm happy to find this alternative :) It is so helpful when people post about those large ressie releases!

Yeah, Monday was crazy! Today seems to be better, even with more releases.

Doesn't Disney claim that they don't hold back ressies? Not sure if I believe that... :) Though, it has certainly worked in our favor, since we only booked our trip last week.

Thanks for starting this thread! I am hoping to get BOG lunch or dinner for several different dates (although I have one preferred), and I don't know how often I should keep trying. Luckily I'm not too busy at work, but still :sad2: It seems futile, and I really don't want to pay for a service (yet).

I understand completely...if I get no reservation found should I keep trying? Nobody has time to hit "find reservation" 50 times in a row on a regular basis LOL! But it did help to have the heads up on the cancellation thread that there were a bunch of releases and having other people say to keep trying.

With the paid services I guess it's helpful at times but even if you get the email alert about someplace as popular as BOG you don't get that much of a head start it doesn't seem! Good luck!

I was wondering if anyone was able to get a BOG for lunch in November on Monday. I didn't realize Disney released more reservations until about an hour had passed, and by then there was nothing available. I don't know if I missed an opportunity, or if Disney has yet to release lunch reservations.

Last edited:

Awesome - thank you so much for this thread! I felt awful about accidentally breaking the rules of the cancellation thread, so I'm happy to find this alternative :) It is so helpful when people post about those large ressie releases!

Yeah, Monday was crazy! Today seems to be better, even with more releases.

Doesn't Disney claim that they don't hold back ressies? Not sure if I believe that... :) Though, it has certainly worked in our favor, since we only booked our trip last week.

I did the same thing a couple years back on a cancellation thread and felt bad as well, so many of us have learned the lesson the hard way so no worries! It's so easy to post real quick before reading page 1, but Pumbaa is doing a great job reminding folks!

I love seeing the posts when there are mass releases of ADRs! It gives me a heads-up to run and check for the new ADRs I want! So hopefully people come to this thread and posts the heads-up here. That way people who only want to see cancellation notices don't get bugged by our discussions :goodvibes

Yeah...not so sure on Disney's ADR policies all around! I usually try not to get too frantic about not getting that "one" reservation because I always feel like reservations open up at the 45 day mark when people have to pay and then realize that they have to change their schedules or cancel their trips and then let go of ADRs. But, I kind of love the frantic searching so I do it anyway, is that crazy :laughing: And I'd hate to not check for ADRs and then still not get any at the 45 day mark!

I was wondering if anyone was able to get a BOG for lunch in November on Monday. I didn't realize Disney released more reservations until about an hour had passed, and by then there was nothing available. I don't know if I miss an opportunity, or if Disney has yet to release lunch reservations.

From what I could tell, no lunch reservations were released on Monday.

I'm so thankful that the BOG release was posted. Otherwise I may not have scored a reservation!

Thank you for starting this thread! :)

Agreed - I didn't see any lunches released. I'm super hopeful for an extension on breakfast though!

I would imagine that there's a 99.9% chance BOG will extend breakfast past October 3rd. With the popularity of the restaurant and the cost of breakfast, Disney has to be making tons of money...and then, once the breakfast is extended, I imagine it will free up lunch ADRs for those quick enough to grab them. Just my guess!

For those stessing...stuff ALWAYS opens up about 48 hours out bc of cancellations...same with 60 day FP times and 45 day cancellation days....I think we'll all get what we want :) Just an FYI, Hollywood and Vine is doing a Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine....it will be released in a few days. I also feel the BOG breakfasts are coming soon for November! We can post the mass release when it happens :)
The thread about Minnie's H&V is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/minnies-holiday-dine-at-hollywood-vine.3428394/page-8#post-54047212

I'll admit - the only real reason I want an early BOG breakfast ressie is the nice, orderly line-up for 7DMT! Better than arriving with the mob from the turnstiles :)

Although - how does it work with an early breakfast ressie at CP? Where are you stopped when you leave? Does anyone know?

For those stessing...stuff ALWAYS opens up about 48 hours out bc of cancellations...same with 60 day FP times and 45 day cancellation days....I think we'll all get what we want :) Just an FYI, Hollywood and Vine is doing a Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine....it will be released in a few days. I also feel the BOG breakfasts are coming soon for November! We can post the mass release when it happens :)
The thread about Minnie's H&V is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/minnies-holiday-dine-at-hollywood-vine.3428394/page-8#post-54047212

Minnie's H&V sounds really cool! I don't think I'll be able to fit it into my schedule though :(

I would either have to drop Boma or 1900 Park Fare dinner.

I am also thankful for all the posts about openings. I was able to get a hollywood and vine breakfast this morning after seeing the posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter