Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

thanks for this starting this thread.

I am stalking that Minnie's H&V thread. Would love to have that for dinner rather than Akershus since I think my DS (5) would enjoy those characters more than the princesses. My DH gave me a side eye when I told him we were dining with princesses too.

I am stalking that Minnie's H&V thread. Would love to have that for dinner rather than Akershus since I think my DS (5) would enjoy those characters more than the princesses. My DH gave me a side eye when I told him we were dining with princesses too.
I was stalking it because of Santa Goofy since we aren't doing MVMCP, but after scoring H&V lunch F! today, my DS (6) said he'd rather dine with Jake, so he's happy :)

I'm stalking that Minnie's H&V thread too - we're only doing one evening in HS and the CS offerings aren't very exciting - this special dinner would be perfect!

My boys actually asked to dine with the princesses :)

Yes, thank you so much for this thread! I got BOG dinner ressies and helped someone get SciFi ressies by these type of alerts. There's definitely a need for this.

I'll definitely stalk this in order to get BOG breakfast. I managed yesterday to get a text from an alert service for CP pre-opening breakfast. The services are good, but you guys sure can scoop them!

(BTW, am I the only one who gets a massive adrenaline rush trying to get a booking to process once you find out something is open? Just waiting for one of those bleepity bleep errors the system is notorious for to make you lose the booking, fingers twitchy, heart racing. It goes through and you feel like jello as the adrenaline dissipates? I mean, I'm not even of a do-or-die mindset about ADRs, but there just something about getting that against-the-clock WIN.)

I'm hoping lots of people feel the same as you!! I don't want the Minnie's H&V but I'd sure like the Akershus or CRT or whatever they may cancel!! I've been stalking for one more princess meal for our trip. No luck so far!!
princess:princess:

Yes, thank you so much for this thread! I got BOG dinner ressies and helped someone get SciFi ressies by these type of alerts. There's definitely a need for this.

I'll definitely stalk this in order to get BOG breakfast. I managed yesterday to get a text from an alert service for CP pre-opening breakfast. The services are good, but you guys sure can scoop them!

(BTW, am I the only one who gets a massive adrenaline rush trying to get a booking to process once you find out something is open? Just waiting for one of those bleepity bleep errors the system is notorious for to make you lose the booking, fingers twitchy, heart racing. It goes through and you feel like jello as the adrenaline dissipates? I mean, I'm not even of a do-or-die mindset about ADRs, but there just something about getting that against-the-clock WIN.)

When BOG dinners came out Monday, that was totally me. It felt like pages took forever to load and why do I have to click through like 3 pages to confirm? OMG, the torture! I got the text from Disney Dining Buddy as I was walking out of the bathroom. I might have sprinted through the halls of the office trying to get to my computer.

(BTW, am I the only one who gets a massive adrenaline rush trying to get a booking to process once you find out something is open? Just waiting for one of those bleepity bleep errors the system is notorious for to make you lose the booking, fingers twitchy, heart racing. It goes through and you feel like jello as the adrenaline dissipates? I mean, I'm not even of a do-or-die mindset about ADRs, but there just something about getting that against-the-click WIN.)

Lol nope! You're not alone! The adrenaline was sure pumping during that BOG dinner release and I was floating all day after scoring my dinner!! ADRs are exhausting!! :rotfl:

I'll admit - the only real reason I want an early BOG breakfast ressie is the nice, orderly line-up for 7DMT! Better than arriving with the mob from the turnstiles :)

Although - how does it work with an early breakfast ressie at CP? Where are you stopped when you leave? Does anyone know?

As I understand it, once you get done with breakfast you can head to any ride you want :thumbsup2 I have a pre-park opening ressie for CRT one morning and want to scarf down my meal to get to 7DMT! I saw someone post that they had the ride going 15 minutes before the park opened for people in the park from early breakfasts. I have no clue if that is true though!

Doesn't Disney claim that they don't hold back ressies? Not sure if I believe that... :) Though, it has certainly worked in our favor, since we only booked our trip last week.

I've been going around and around about this today on another thread. I'm not "in the know" or anything but from what I've gathered from reading other threads and other places they don't intentionally hold back tables but as it gets closer they can anticipate crowds better and will add more if they feel there is a need. I could be totally wrong but that's what I've seen several Dis Veterans post so I'm taking their word for it. I also think even if it is intentional the CMs on the dining line have no idea so they aren't lying when they say they don't hold back tables. Poor CMs I swear they are the last to know anything :)

I've been going around and around about this today on another thread. I'm not "in the know" or anything but from what I've gathered from reading other threads and other places they don't intentionally hold back tables but as it gets closer they can anticipate crowds better and will add more if they feel there is a need. I could be totally wrong but that's what I've seen several Dis Veterans post so I'm taking their word for it. I also think even if it is intentional the CMs on the dining line have no idea so they aren't lying when they say they don't hold back tables. Poor CMs I swear they are the last to know anything :)

I hope this is true! We booked 5 days past the 180 day mark and there were no available character breakfasts. I have my fingers crossed for Ohana, Chef Mickey, and Crystal Palace.

I think this is how it works--we went to the World in May and about a month before our trip a whole slew of BOG spots opened up (in my memory it was even more than the recent November openings. And they took a full day to all get snatched up, even with lots of reporting from DISers). With BOG in particular, I think part of it is they have the whole third room (the rose gallery with the music box in the centre) that is usually blocked off for dinner. Some folks guessed in May that the huge number of dinners released were because Disney decided to open that room for dinner? It's also reflective of staffing--if a restaurant is really in demand and Disney has the CMs, increasing coverage means turning tables over more efficiently and getting more groups in for meals. I could be wrong too, but I don't think Disney is manufacturing shortage by holding reservations back.

Love this thread!

I got my dining buddy text on Monday and was shaking trying to log in as fast as I could! I really wanted a BOG dinner and was so thrilled to get one. I'm still hoping for a Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner, although H&V looks interesting too, assuming it's only 1 credit.

Love this thread!

I got my dining buddy text on Monday and was shaking trying to log in as fast as I could! I really wanted a BOG dinner and was so thrilled to get one. I'm still hoping for a Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner, although H&V looks interesting too, assuming it's only 1 credit.

The article I read about Minnie's H&V said that if used for a Fantasmic package it would most likely be 2 credits.

I grabbed a H&V Fantasmic for lunch, are we hearing that Minnies would just be dinner? I am counting on just using 1 table credit...just hoping it just change after I booked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter