Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

My fear is that I keep clicking on Find A Table, assuming nothing is going to show up for the BOG that I want, and I won't notice if I actually get a time I can book! The other day (at work :rolleyes1) I clicked Find a Table for the umpteenth time and looked away from my computer for a minute and, when I looked back I saw a BOG for the time I could actually get and it was gone by the time I tried :sad:

My fear is that I keep clicking on Find A Table, assuming nothing is going to show up for the BOG that I want, and I won't notice if I actually get a time I can book! The other day (at work :rolleyes1) I clicked Find a Table for the umpteenth time and looked away from my computer for a minute and, when I looked back I saw a BOG for the time I could actually get and it was gone by the time I tried :sad:

I've had that happen twice!!!! So frustrating!!

I hope this is true! We booked 5 days past the 180 day mark and there were no available character breakfasts. I have my fingers crossed for Ohana, Chef Mickey, and Crystal Palace.

I only booked less than 2 weeks ago for our Nov trip but have been lucky with finding Ohana and Chef Mickey. I also have the dining buddy alert me for Ohana (set up before I got the Ohana reservation on my own) and have received texts for a few openings.

Last edited:
I only booked less than 2 weeks ago for our Nov trip but have been lucky with finding Ohana and Chef Mickey. I also have the dining buddy alert me for Ohana (set up before I got the Ohana reservation on my own) and have received texts for a few openings. What dates are you looking for?
I have signed up for dining scout, but so far no notifications. :(

Last edited:
Edited to delete quotes - thanks everyone!!!

I'm not going to keep this thread on tight lockdown like the cancellation thread (and I'm not a moderator so I can't even if I wanted to) but to avoid breaking the rules of the cancellation thread here, no trades/transfers/wanted posts should be added here. If you could PM each other that would work. And edit the posts to delete dates of "wanted" times. I am a little worried the moderator can shut this thread down if it looks like we are trying to circumvent the rules of the cancellation thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for starting the thread.

Just FYI this all happened last year too where things will suddenly just open up, but honestly, this year has been harder to book than last year. Good luck! pixiedust:

I think it is funny how fast this thread has already grown. We clearly were all busting at the seams to chat about November ADRs! :yay: I, too missed the BOG storm on Monday but am constantly searching for it and Sci-Fi. Last November, I got BOG a month out from our trip and just about 6 weeks ago, I got a BOG for the one day we could visit WDW in mid June. Persistence seems to pay off if you can find the time to keep searching!

I think it is funny how fast this thread has already grown. We clearly were all busting at the seams to chat about November ADRs! :yay: I, too missed the BOG storm on Monday but am constantly searching for it and Sci-Fi. Last November, I got BOG a month out from our trip and just about 6 weeks ago, I got a BOG for the one day we could visit WDW in mid June. Persistence seems to pay off if you can find the time to keep searching!

I was definitely busting at the seams - LOL!!

Ugh that sucks!! I'm sure something else will come up!

I'm a newbie that was hoping to get CRT dinner or lunch for mid-november. I followed all the tips, tried to book at 180 days out at the butt crack of dawn (lol). Nothing available and I've been checking for the last two months :( I also signed up for dining scout & dining buddy for our CRT reservations needs- never been sent an alert.

I was able to book a CRT on our departure day back at 180 days but it turns out we cant use it thanks to our departure schedules. Am I delusional about being able to secure the reservation I need? It sure feels that way.

Last edited:
I just got my BOG lunch for 11/10 yesterday, thanks to Dining Buddy. I didn't think it was working, because I had never received any alert of any kind. But it went off yesterday and I just happened to already have my phone in my hand. I booked it in probably less than 30 seconds! So relieved, as that was the main one I wanted. I recommend that service though!

I'm still trying to figure out my MK day. We will be there on a MVMCP day but we are not going to the party. I wanted to but my DH looked really skeptical when I showed him pictures LOL! My original plan was to do lunch at BOG (assuming I could get an ADR) and then dinner at our resort or Ohana. But then on Monday I was able to get a 4:00 dinner ADR. The thought of a nice relaxing sit down meal in the beauty of BOG (especially for our first visit) seems nice but we usually eat dinner at 8:00 so it's really early for us. But if we do a 4:00 dinner then we can hit Trader Sams later for small bites and drinks! Or we can remain flexible to MVMCP.

Either way I'm ecstatic I got something so thanks again to everyone who posted that BOG times were released on Monday!!

I'm a newbie that was hoping to get CRT dinner or lunch for 5 people sometime . I followed all the tips, tried to book at 180 days out at the butt crack of dawn (lol). Nothing available and I've been checking for the last two months :( I also signed up for dining scout & dining buddy for our CRT reservations needs- never been sent an alert.

I was able to book a CRT 11/23 @ 4:20 back at 180 days but it turns out we cant use it thanks to our departure schedules. Am I delusional about being able to secure the reservation I need? It sure feels that way.

Hello and welcome Newbie! Don't give up yet! Keep checking the official cancellation thread. People will cancel reservations over the next few months, especially when the 45 day mark hits for people who are staying onsite to have to pay in full and they realize they can't make the trip or have to change dates, so just stay vigilant!!

Could you also edit your post to remove the dates you are looking for an ADR and just say "mid-November." Otherwise people may interpret it as a "want" post and those are not allowed on the official cancellation thread and so I'm trying to stick to the same rules so the moderators don't think we're trying to circumvent the rules. I'm not a moderator so I can't keep the thread on lockdown myself - LOL!

Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out my MK day. We will be there on a MVMCP day but we are not going to the party. I wanted to but my DH looked really skeptical when I showed him pictures LOL! My original plan was to do lunch at BOG (assuming I could get an ADR) and then dinner at our resort or Ohana. But then on Monday I was able to get a 4:00 dinner ADR. The thought of a nice relaxing sit down meal in the beauty of BOG (especially for our first visit) seems nice but we usually eat dinner at 8:00 so it's really early for us. But if we do a 4:00 dinner then we can hit Trader Sams later for small bites and drinks! Or we can remain flexible to MVMCP.

Either way I'm ecstatic I got something so thanks again to everyone who posted that BOG times were released on Monday!!

Ha - I got a 4pm BOG too - also on a party night! Not ideal, but I'll take it! I'm going to still be on the lookout for a later time. I'd LOVE to do the party, but I've got a youngin' and I'm not sure how she would do staying up late. We'll see. Doesn't seem worth the price if we only stay an hour or two!

Ha - I got a 4pm BOG too - also on a party night! Not ideal, but I'll take it! I'm going to still be on the lookout for a later time. I'd LOVE to do the party, but I've got a youngin' and I'm not sure how she would do staying up late. We'll see. Doesn't seem worth the price if we only stay an hour or two!

The party definitely has gotten expensive!!! And, if I knew they limited the number of tickets they sold so the park wouldn't be ridiculously crowded, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. But from other posts I've read, people have said even the early party dates are getting more and more packed. That does not make it worth the extra money to me!

The party definitely has gotten expensive!!! And, if I knew they limited the number of tickets they sold so the park wouldn't be ridiculously crowded, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. But from other posts I've read, people have said even the early party dates are getting more and more packed. That does not make it worth the extra money to me!

Oh, that's too bad - a crowded park and a cranky, overtired kid is no bueno :) Maybe when she's older!

We decided not to do the party. It's just too expensive for our family of 5 and my youngest won't stay out that late anyway. Didn't seem worth it for what may be a fairly crowded event from what I've read.

Thanks loveshak for starting this thread! I'm also a newbie and guess I messed up earlier by posting the openings I was seeing at CP and H and V, but now I know better :) I'm trying to plan our first Disney trip for our family and both sets of grandparents in November and have been totally overwhelmed by all this dining craziness. I've been stressing big-time about not being able to get BOG or CRT--the two restaurants my princess-obsessed girls and in-laws specifically asked for (of course, like everyone else!). I finally signed up for Dining Buddy last week and got several alerts on Monday for BOG but still wasn't quick enough to get anything even though I was clicking on alerts immediately. Frustrating, but hoping that no matter what happens with those two restaurants we'll still have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter