Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read through the whole thread, but could I still take a small, soft cooler into the water parks with a few sodas in it?

I'm confused why do many posters assume this. Once advised of the smoke-free policy, why are so many posters so sure that smokers will smoke wherever?

My post was made on the basis of my witnessing people smoking outside the designated areas MANY times. And I don't mean adjacent to the smoking areas. Like no where near.

My point is that making it harder for people to comply, will cause fewer people to comply. Plenty of rigorous scientific studies back this up.

Even as a non-smoker, I think getting rid of smoking locations in the park is a bad idea. Of course most people will continue to comply with the (new) rules. But again, make it harder to comply and more people will not.

I can't say that I'm shocked at the outcry I'm seeing about a stroller ... a stroller! ... of all things. There are people picking this as their Disney hill to die on.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm the bad parent because I didn't take a wagon full of things for my kids to do when took our WDW trips?

Great for you. Doesn't mean everyone can or even most people can. Their anxiety level, addiction level, etc. all play a part in that. Would you expect a meth addict or herion addict to quit cold turkey?

I can't stop cold turkey and I know I can't, the anxiety is too strong. The patches make me sick and so does the gum. A prescription for Chantix is in the works now.

I agree .. it’s silly to say just ANYONE can just stop . I stopped oxy cold turkey , can everyone ? Nope and that’s why people end up in worse shape . I can’t stand when people generalize a situation to everyone .

I'm confused why do many posters assume this. Once advised of the smoke-free policy, why are so many posters so sure that smokers will smoke wherever?

I don't think it is a commentary on smokers but, rather the population as a whole. There is always a sect of people who feel like the rules don't apply to them. Make the rules easy and convenient, and they may comply just to keep the peace. Make them more difficult and the self entitled attitude comes out.

They should make 1 or 2 stroller only lines that have 2 metal posts,
And best of all they could be a separate bag check just for strollers!
Not likely to happen. Now, somehow blocking out the size at every tapstile, sure. But Disney isn't going to restrict strollers to just two lines.
For smoking- I wonder if CMs will be directed to remind people of the new policy when they seem cigarettes in a bag or security tray? Or maybe bringing them in will be banned if it becomes too big of an issue?
Nothing in the new policy prohibits possession of cigarettes. There is going to be a smoking area outside each park. Many visitors don't drive to the parks.

Genuinely can't see a ban on carrying cigarettes.

I have tried this and it does not freeze them. they do not work when only cold they must be frozen
Try ice+water+salt.

Last edited:
If it doesn’t produce vapor at all, there’s no way for anyone to actually know you’re vaping if you’re using one of the small ones and in no way does it affect anyone but you. Would I walk around the park using it? No, but a well timed bathroom break would work. They aren’t going to have cameras in the stalls...at least not yet.:)

They really are undetectable. My kids are teachers and they’ve learned the signals that they’re being used. Kids will vape right in class and they can’t tell by smell or sight.

Agree , I have a THC vape that doesn’t even produce vapor or a smell at all .. you would never know I had used it . I could simply walk into a restroom and use it and put it away but ... I’m over Disney so not really a issue for me at this point . I don’t think all vapes are equal .

Dang, my in laws bought DS(almost 1) this radio flyer wagon stroller and it fits the new dimension rules but I guess we are out of luck. too bad, we were looking forward to giving him a place to nap more comfortably during this years trip but the umbrella stroller will have to do. i wonder how many people who are not in tune with disney on a daily basis like we all are here on this board will show up to the parks with a stroller they cannot bring in, and then are told they have to take the bus back to their resort to bring the stroller back, then come all the way back to the park. going to be a lotttt of angry people

81HCWmO3rHL._AC_UL320_.jpg

I agree .. it’s silly to say just ANYONE can just stop . I stopped oxy cold turkey , can everyone ? Nope and that’s why people end up in worse shape . I can’t stand when people generalize a situation to everyone .
I don't think she said that. She responded to someone who said no one could quit cold turkey. Unless I'm mistaken.

Great for you. Doesn't mean everyone can or even most people can. Their anxiety level, addiction level, etc. all play a part in that. Would you expect a meth addict or herion addict to quit cold turkey?
I can't stop cold turkey and I know I can't, the anxiety is too strong. The patches make me sick and so does the gum. A prescription for Chantix is in the works now.

Try the Chantix, it works pretty good. I'm two days away from my one year anniversary of quitting and I smoked for 42 years. I tried many remedies over the years and it's the only one to make me successful.

Instead of alienating a considerable percentage of their guests with a ban I don't know why WDW never put the DSA's in way off the path areas that only had one way in and out so non-smokers and smokers wouldn't cross paths. Everyone would be happy. The parks are big enough that they could have figured it out.

Can we round down? My double jogger that we bring to the parks is officially 31.5”
Suck it in!

we were looking forward to giving him a place to nap more comfortably during this years trip but the umbrella stroller will have to do.

If I can give you some unsolicited advice as a parent who has brought three different children around the age of 1 (and as young as 6 months), invest in a slightly more expensive umbrella stroller that you can loosen the back to recline it. He'll sleep so much more comfortably, plus you'll likely have a canopy for shade.

My post was made on the basis of my witnessing people smoking outside the designated areas MANY times. And I don't mean adjacent to the smoking areas. Like no where near.
My point is that making it harder for people to comply, will cause fewer people to comply. Plenty of rigorous scientific studies back this up.
Even as a non-smoker, I think getting rid of smoking locations in the park is a bad idea. Of course most people will continue to comply with the (new) rules. But again, make it harder to comply and more people will not.

As a previous smoker I was always astonished when I would see someone smoking outside of the DSA's just anywhere they wanted as if they didn't care about rules. Now that there will be no smoking I'm interested to see how many of those devil-may-care smokers will still light up. I know for sure there will still be vapers who will sneak a puff on the go. That's still pretty easy to get away with.

Agree , I have a THC vape that doesn’t even produce vapor or a smell at all .. you would never know I had used it . I could simply walk into a restroom and use it and put it away but ... I’m over Disney so not really a issue for me at this point . I don’t think all vapes are equal .

I took a look at the policy and it specifically says only cigarettes and devices that produce smoke or vapor are banned so in theory, one can use vaporless devices.

Of course THC is banned under illegal substances.

There is not a smoking area on any path by the castle FYI. There are only 3 designated smoking areas at MK; one outside the entrance, one on the back path from Barnstormer to Space Mountain, and one across from Big Thunder Mountain. None anywhere remotely close to the castle
I never understood why they took away the DSA near the Speedway. Keep all the toxic odors in one are
How on earth does that affect you?

Regardless, it would never happen. Disney doesn't ban things they sell.
Until/unless somebody knows differently, Disney sells cigarettes.
I think it’s interesting that they are specifically banning them when they do actually fit in the guidelines.
Because they're wagons, an d wagons are prohibited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter