Cinderella castle refurbishment

I hope you are right! I will be there in the 23rd and hoping it won’t start before then! I didn’t think about that but it would be very disappointing for all these runners !

The Christmas castle lights also don't come down until the middle of January because of Marathon Weekend. There is only one full marathon at WDW and Disney isn't going to put a crane in the castle photos when work can be delayed a week or two.

The Christmas castle lights also don't come down until the middle of January because of Marathon Weekend. There is only one full marathon at WDW and Disney isn't going to put a crane in the castle photos when work can be delayed a week or two.
We were there throughout the marathon timeframe this year. No crane in sight on Sunday (full marathon day) but it was parked behind walls behind the castle the following Wednesday.

For what it's worth, I asked via DM on The WDWGuestServices Twitter about any dates when this work will start and also if this will effect the Princess marathon this weekend. This is the response I just got:
"Unfortunately, we do not have specific dates to share at this time. I can assure you, however, that this work will not affect the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend."

For what it's worth, I asked via DM on The WDWGuestServices Twitter about any dates when this work will start and also if this will effect the Princess marathon this weekend. This is the response I just got:
"Unfortunately, we do not have specific dates to share at this time. I can assure you, however, that this work will not affect the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend."
Disney said in the coming weeks in the announcement so I wouldn’t expect anything this weekend.

Just on the phone checking other details with Guest Services and I asked what the impact of this was likely to be and I was told - the renovations will be happening in stages, so there is a possibility for some scaffolding etc. at the time of my visit (end April) however they said it will not be the entire castle at any one time, fireworks dessert parties, BBB and CRT etc. are unaffected. They are starting by pressure washing the moat.

I like it. And I'm glad there is a huge effort to make the anniversary year special. Now, how do I arrange to stay there?

I guess this finally makes it "official" the castle will NOT be covered during this upgrade. I say great decision by Disney World.

That is from the Disney Parks blog post - I can't add the link to it here as the board thinks its spam.

I think it looks tastefully updated. We're going to MK before our cruise in September and I'm excited to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter