Cinderella16&PrinceCharming16's PJ(6/19/09)-Home Wedding - Disneymoon TR UP!!!!

wow i have just caught up on your PJ i love your engagement so cute

Wow, everything looks great! Where did you find the I Do letters? I'd like to get some for my cake table! I've been looking online and on ebay and stuff and can't find them anywhere. I guess I don't know how to search it!

The unity candle is beautiful and those shoes are adorable, did they fit??? They look so comfy!!!
Cant wait to read mor!

Teaching, planning a wedding, and painting EVERY room of our new house = NO DIS time!!! =( I cannot believe how fast time has flown! It is crazy. I have so many updates to share:

-We registered not too long ago, and yes I am one of those Registry stalkers...it is horrible. DF likes to ask everyday if we got anything new :rotfl:

-The bridesmaid dresses are in and look great!!

-My veil and headpiece are in, but not my dress yet, it is supposed to be in any day now and I am growing antsy!!! :dance3:

-We picked out the tuxes from MW Tux.

You're so close!! Everything looks absolutely beautiful! And so professional and elegant!

I can't believe how time has flown - I remember when you weren't engaged and just doing your pre-trippie! And now you're 3 months to go!!

I know can you believe how fast it has gone? I feel like I was just planning for the 2007 trip! I hope your plans are coming along!

wow i have just caught up on your PJ i love your engagement so cute
Aw thanks for reading along. I hope you are patient as it takes me a while to get updates up, :rotfl2:
Wow, everything looks great! Where did you find the I Do letters? I'd like to get some for my cake table! I've been looking online and on ebay and stuff and can't find them anywhere. I guess I don't know how to search it!
I found the I Do letters at Archiver's its a scrabooking store and they locations nationwide. They were actually in their sale section and always seem to have them. If not there then Hobby Lobby or any craft store should carry them. I would do a search on wooden letters and see what comes up. Good Luck!
The unity candle is beautiful and those shoes are adorable, did they fit??? They look so comfy!!!
Cant wait to read mor!

Yes the shoes did fit and are super comfy! I was so reluctant to buy shoes online, and was shocked when they came in and fit perfectly...I still need to start walking around in them to break them in, that is my goal over Spring Break.

MY DRESS IS IN! I am going for my first fitting on Thursday!!! :cool1: :cool1: I couldn't be more excited!!!

ALSO: Since Disney put out their June hours: We officially have an official PLAN for the Disneymoon! I have been waiting 2 years to get this thing planned! :goodvibes Just need to make ADR's this month and we will be all set!

We check into the Grand Floridian on June 23. We are just planning to chill out at the hotel that day since we will be driving, we may take a monorail ride to the MK later in the day. Depends on how we feel.

June 24: MGM - ADR's at 50's Primetime Cafe (never been there!) - PM EMH. The park closes at 8:00 on this day...I thought MGM stayed open much later than that, and there is no Fantasmic...I thought Fantasmic was every night the last time we went in June. But maybe we just got lucky every other time? :confused3

June 25: Epcot - ADR's at Le Cellier (never been there either!) - PM EMH. I must ride Test Track because in 2007, we never got to and I was ever so disappointed!

June 26: Magic Kingdom :banana: - Breakfast ADR's at Chef Mickey's (ok--we have been here, but for dinner, not breakfast) - PM EMH. This is going to be the longest day ever because we are going to try to get to MK at opening. I figure if you are going to have a LONG day, why not spend it at the most magical place in the world? princess:

June 27: Much needed Break Day - No park this day. We were going to plan to go parasailing, relax by the pool, maybe do some shopping at DTD, and get our professional photopass shoot at the GF. Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound like much of a break day afterall. :laughing: Late ADR's at California Grill (never been here either, do you see a theme developing with our ADR's?) so we can hopefully watch Wishes during dinner! :cloud9:

June 28: Animal Kingdom - We rocked AK in 2007--best planned day ever, we are going to try to make it 2 for 2! ADR's at Boma (never been), then hopping to MGM for Fantasmic.

June 29: World Showcase - I have never actually taken the time to really appreciate WS and I wanted to take a day just to experience each country. Monorail to the Polynesian for dinner at O'hana (never been!) then monorail back to Epcot to catch Illuiminations.

June 30: Last full day, and I am already going to cry! :sad1: Magic Kingdom -AM EMH- ADR's at Tony's (never been there!) I think we decided we were going to ride our favorites all day (SM, POTC, BTM, HM, Buzz), and take lots of pictures. We will def. be watching Wishes at the end of the night, and I will be secretly planning a 2010 trip in my head while bawling.

More plans to come soon! Bye, friends!

Just found your PJ! Your location looks amazing! Your plans for your honeymoon sound great. You will be down here over my birthday! Everything looks great so far, and you two are adorable! I'm hooked, can't wait to read more! You are a great writer, very entertaining!

I had my first fitting last week! I was speechless when I saw my dress again! I absolutely didn't want to leave take it off. Don't ask why I didn't bring a camera, I think I was way too excited to remember. I get to back next month for my second fitting, hopefully I will remember a camera next time.
The dress shop let me already take home my headband and veil so I can play dress up all I want with those. :rotfl:

I have been doing a lot of shopping lately for the BM's gifts, it is all coming together. So far I bought each of them a pink tote bag from americanbridal.com... $5 each!!!!!

tote.jpg

a cosmetic bag ALSO $5 each!!! which I will fill with some goodies, haven't decided what though.

americanbridal_2042_656928378.jpg
I ordered the cream colored one.

Jewelry from Monique's Boutique
_wsb_345x414_Necklace4Text.jpg
The necklace will have cream pearls, and vintage rose colored crystals

_wsb_286x345_RosalineSingleDropPear.jpg

Earrings for the girls, but will also be cream colored pearls.

I am also probably going to get them $25 to a resturant (Cheesecake Factory most likely) and a beach towel with their name stitched on.

I also ordered my earrings from Monique's Boutique:

_wsb_297x277_Earring2CloseText.jpg

I am only ordering earrings because I don't think I need a necklace with the dress since it has a lot of detail.

We have also been busy picking our video music and finalizing our ceremony with our officiant. I also ordered our favors (from americanbridal.com too). Instead of the candy boxes we are going with sandalwood fans. We will place them on every seat during the ceremony and that way if anyone gets hot outside, they can fan themselves. They are very victorian looking, so they just fit perfectly!

Everything is coming up so fast...I can hardly believe it. Next week is going to be crazy busy too while I am on Spring Break! :banana:

We are meeting with our venue to pick our menu (I like how that rhymes, I am such a dork) and we will also be ironing out other details. I am going to try and finish addressing the invites too, I try and do atleast 10 a day, I swear our guestlist just keeps growing each day...I have to cut my mother off! :laughing: I also have to help my mom finish the shower favors, we have many little tags to attach. AND next WEDNESDAY is ADR day!!! :woohoo: I am so excited, I hope we get everything!

Although I'll be busy, I hope to have some updates during spring break! Thanks for reading along!

I can hardly stand it--tomorrow is our 90 day mark and we all know what that means... it is ADR time! :banana: This time, since I am on Spring Break, I get to be the lucky one that wakes up at 6:00 AM to call. That is okay, it will be totally worth it...once there are ADRs it feels more real.

In wedding news, I have been putting tags on the shower favors..I need more ribbon though, I only have 16 more of them to do...I was so mad that I ran out right at the end! Can't cross that one off my list yet!

I also called Disney to order the Bride/Groom Mickey ears because I want to wear them at the end of the reception because I thought it would make a cute last picture of us leaving our reception. :goodvibes I ordered the older style though (the headband for the bride and top hat for the girls) because I felt the new style just has too much going on and a headband won't be as hot as the cap style. I didn't know they still had the older style because on the wedding registry it shows the new ones, but the CM told me I had a choice, so I went the old ones which were cheaper too, can't go wrong with saving some money.

wedding_hats.jpg
The old ones that we will be getting

hats.jpg
The new ones that just look so busy, just my opinion though.

I am all finished buying the BM gifts. Last weekend at Kohls, I found great oversized beach towels which I thought would look cute in their totes. I also got each of them a gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory. It feels good to get that out of the way. Now I just got to make sure DF is taking care of the guys' gifts.

I also bought my garter set from Ebay.

garter.jpg

It has a carriage and glass slipper charm.

Gosh, it just feels like all I am doing lately is spending money...oh well, welcome to wedding planning. :rotfl:

More updates coming up this week. Wish me luck on my ADR Day tomorrow. :thumbsup2

I agree with you on the new ones. Not sure If df is going to want them at all :(
Im not sure where to get the other ears though Ive heard they dont have them in the parks :(

Love the earrings and those adorable wristlets! Where on earth did you get them?

YAY for the ADR's!!

I loooove that Garter!! What is the name of the seller, if you don't mind me asking?!
I don't mind you asking, don't worry! The seller is designsbykklforever..I haven't received my garter yet, but I know it is on its way.

I agree with you on the new ones. Not sure If df is going to want them at all :(
Im not sure where to get the other ears though Ive heard they dont have them in the parks :(

Love the earrings and those adorable wristlets! Where on earth did you get them?

YAY for the ADR's!!

Hi again. If you want to get the old ears you can call Disney Merchandise at (407)363-6200 . I didn't even know they still had the older style, the CM told me. Just tell them you want to order Bride and Groom Mickey ears and see what options they give you.

I got the earrings from a local seller Monique's Boutique, I found her on The Knot, and lots of brides from the Chicago area have used her. The wristlets are from americanbridal.com. I received the wristlets and bags yesterday and are very nice. :thumbsup2

WE GOT EVERYTHING WE WANTED FOR ADR'S!

I woke up bright and early at 6:00 AM, called Disney Dining and then waited on hold for 50 minutes...at least they play the Splash Mountain Theme, Disney sure knows how to keep me happy. :rotfl: We ended up getting all the ADR's we wanted, we just had to be flexible with the times, which isn't too bad. Here is what we got...

6/24 - 50's Prime Time Cafe
6/25 - Le Cellier
6/26 - Chef Mickey's
6/27 - California Grill
6/28 - Boma
6/29 - O'Hana
6/30 - Tony's Town Square

We have never been to any of those with the exception of Chef Mickey's, but our ADR is for breakfast and we have never done breakfast there before!

I also booked a parasailing for us on 6/27..can't wait! :yay:

Writing confirmation numbers makes me happy. :lmao:

I received the bags and wristlets for the girls yesterday, I need to take a picture of everything, it is all coming together nicely. I can't wait for the jewlery to come in!

Well I am off to finish those last shower favors...I shall take a picture of that too..then I will *try* to address at least 10 more invitations. I am also going to try and get DF to go look at wedding bands tonight...he never seems that interested...I guess I will have to work my charm. :rolleyes1

Oh wow, I don't know where to start lol!

1st, your recpetion hall is absolutly stunning! I love the tenting and it will look amazing with candelight! I can't wait to see your pics of the wedding day, it really is going to be spectacular!

The dress is so pretty, I love at the lacework, and the headband looks like it was made as a set too perfect! You will look like a princess in it!

Your E-story had me getting a little misty here at work... my co-worker looked at me and said "Are you crying?" to which I just said "No I think there is a lot of dust over here":rotfl2:... I would have gotten annoyed if people were messing up my touring plans too though lol!!

Isn't american bridal the best?? They have such great finds on there, your BM's will love everything you picked for sure. I know I would if I was a BM!

Now onto your disney plans... I love all your ADR's I cannot think of a single one I wouldn't want to eat at, I am trying a few of those on my trip in a few days as well, I'll make sure and give your the good reports when I get back!

Wow, your venue is gorgeous! I love the mantle idea. That is such a nice personal touch. I know if I were a guest at your wedding I'd enjoy visiting the different rooms to look at the photos.
The story of your proposal is so sweet. How great that your family was there to witness it and take pictures.
Your ADR's sound great too. Glad you got everything you wanted.
I am a teacher too and I can't imagine trying to do everything school related while planning a wedding for right after school ends. That's one thing I like about Disney...they take care of a lot of those little details for you. Hopefully it at least makes your school year seem like it is going by faster!:) June will be here before you know it.

Oh wow, I don't know where to start lol!

1st, your recpetion hall is absolutly stunning! I love the tenting and it will look amazing with candelight! I can't wait to see your pics of the wedding day, it really is going to be spectacular!

The dress is so pretty, I love at the lacework, and the headband looks like it was made as a set too perfect! You will look like a princess in it!

Your E-story had me getting a little misty here at work... my co-worker looked at me and said "Are you crying?" to which I just said "No I think there is a lot of dust over here":rotfl2:... I would have gotten annoyed if people were messing up my touring plans too though lol!!

Isn't american bridal the best?? They have such great finds on there, your BM's will love everything you picked for sure. I know I would if I was a BM!

Now onto your disney plans... I love all your ADR's I cannot think of a single one I wouldn't want to eat at, I am trying a few of those on my trip in a few days as well, I'll make sure and give your the good reports when I get back!
Thanks so much. Don't worry, I cry too whenever I read people's engagement stories, I have no idea how I am going to make it down the aisle in a couple of months without crying. :rotfl2:
And I would love it if you could give some reports of your dining places when you return!
Wow, your venue is gorgeous! I love the mantle idea. That is such a nice personal touch. I know if I were a guest at your wedding I'd enjoy visiting the different rooms to look at the photos.
The story of your proposal is so sweet. How great that your family was there to witness it and take pictures.
Your ADR's sound great too. Glad you got everything you wanted.
I am a teacher too and I can't imagine trying to do everything school related while planning a wedding for right after school ends. That's one thing I like about Disney...they take care of a lot of those little details for you. Hopefully it at least makes your school year seem like it is going by faster!:) June will be here before you know it.

Hello fellow DIS teacher :teacher: Thanks for reading along. I must say I am getting a ton done during Spring Break, but the time is going so fast and think it is because those kiddos keep me on my toes and I am always so swamped with papers to grade.

I am glad you like the mantles, I hope our guests like them too, we put a lot of work into them. My biggest fear is no one is going to realize they are pictures of our family and just walk right past them--we are the only two who know about it, so it will be a complete surprise even for our parents.

I am so proud of myself! I vowed that over Spring Break I would get my papers graded on that first Saturday off, do the report cards, and then be free to get a lot of DIY stuff out of the way for the wedding. Now, usually when I plan to get something done (especially grading papers, which is my least favorite part of teaching) I NEVER go through with it. I usually put it off until much much later, like the Sunday before I have to go back to work. BUT this time I was good, I did all my work related tasks and have had lots of time to Wedding plan! Here is what I have been working on...

Shower Favors -
Camera034.jpg

I printed all the tags, cut them ever so carefully, punched them, and ribboned them up.
Camera035.jpg
Closeup of the tag, excuse the blurriness - designed my me, of course.

Camera036.jpg
All DONE! There are two other layers full of candles, but I was too lazy to move the top layer. :rolleyes1

Bridesmaids Gifts -
Camera037.jpg
Bridesmaid totes. They are not as magenta as I thought they would be, and I am happy about that.

Camera038.jpg

Oversized beach towel for the bags

Camera040.jpg
Wristlets/Cosmetic bag
These are so cute, they snap together so you can have two separate little bags if you want. I didn't even realize this when I ordered it. They had asked for two colors and I thought it was because they had a limited quantity and they wanted to know what my second choice was...When I opened the box and saw they sent two colors I thought they made a mistake, when I went to check the website though, it said that they snap together--I guess I didn't read that part. :lmao: I am going to be filling them with things the girls can use on the day of the wedding and at the beach for example:

Camera041.jpg
Cheescake Factory..mmmmmmm and mini sunscreen! I have to get more stuff, I'll post when I do.

I just need their necklaces and earrings, and I am going to make them each a homemade card thanking them for standing up.

Advice & Wishes for the Mr. & Mrs. -

Camera042.jpg

I printed the sign, bought the stand at Dollar Tree (gosh I love that store), and bought the box from hobby lobby.
Camera043.jpg

Camera044.jpg
Here are the cards people will write the advice and wishes on and then place them in the box. I am planning to put them in our wedding scrapbook afterwards and want to read one a day with DF.

I have also been doing lots of Honeymoon clothes shopping lately...I will need to post pics once I get the camera charged again. I have been so much shopping for the wedding lately, that my credit card company actually called me last night to make sure it was me that was making all these purchases haha...:rotfl: I thought that was a nice service, especially with identity theft being such a big thing to worry about these days.

We meet with our officiant tonight to go over more details. I am sure I will cry because when we first met him he read us an example of a ceremony he had done with a couple and I was in tears. He sent us a copy of our ceremony, and I cry everytime I read it.....I am going to be a mess on the actual day. :rotfl:

More updates soon!

haha, I love that your CC company called you! Good job shopping girl! And as someone who has had 4 cc#'s stolen in the past year I can say it's great that they called you!
Those candles look great btw, very springy and colorful.

Oh and I may have to steal... ahem... "borrow" the advice box, what a great idea! I think that will be wonderful in a scrapbook!:goodvibes

haha, I love that your CC company called you! Good job shopping girl! And as someone who has had 4 cc#'s stolen in the past year I can say it's great that they called you!
Those candles look great btw, very springy and colorful.

Oh and I may have to steal... ahem... "borrow" the advice box, what a great idea! I think that will be wonderful in a scrapbook!:goodvibes

Yes, the shopping thing is becoming a bit obsessive! Once I go back to work tomorrow, I won't have time to shop as much, so that is a good thing. :rotfl:

You may go ahead and "borrow" any of the ideas, chances are I probably "borrowed" the idea from someone too. Gosh, what did people do before the internet? :surfweb:

There is about 7 inches of that icky, cold stuff they call snow outside today! WHAT?! IT IS SPRING! I vowed that I would not wear my winter coat or boots again until next winter, but it looks like that isn't going to happen, unless I want to freeze my behind off!

DF and I went for our wedding bands yesterday. We chose to get matching, simple white gold bands. They showed me nice sparkly diamond ones, but we really need to save money now, and the simple ones were a better way to go. But the diamond ones sure were very very nice.

We also went to Things Remembered and spent a small fortune there. We got part of the groomsmen gifts:

000582146.jpg

These beer mugs are GIANT and very heavy. We got them engraved with each guy's initals.

We also bought frames for our parents and one for DF's aunt who is going to be doing a reading at our ceremony.

frame.jpg

We got those engraved with the date of the wedding.

Then it was on to the Disney Store :banana:
We bought my nephew, our ring bearer, part of his gift...

walleshirt.jpg

walleshirt2.jpg

He just love Wall-E (just like his Auntie) and this shirt was so him. Best of all, it was on sale for $9.99, and I had $11 on an old Disney gift card. :yay:

Next Stop...Kohls
DF and I went to go buy some new gym shoes for Disney since he had a 20% coupon. We found everything we needed along with a wedding day barbie for my niece who is our flower girl

313YiD2EDRL__SS500_.jpg

And a pair of cute shorts for me...

shorts.jpg

We get to the register to pay for it all and then DF finds out that the coupon isn't good until Wednesday! grr The nice lady at customer service let us put everything on hold until then, and they usually only allow 1 day holds, so that was very nice of her! :thumbsup2

Bought our stamps for our invites too. In case anyone didn't know: stamp prices are going up again on May 11...so I am glad we sending out invites in April!

Seriously, I think I am done shopping for a while...

Oh good finds at Kohls, I love that place:lovestruc.

I think the GM's and your family will love the gift from things remembered, they are really nice. I was looking at the beer mugs too but when I lifted them up I decided to pass since we would have to get 5 of them to WDW in our luggage:eek:!

And you nephew will look adorable in his Wall-E tee! I love that movie!

Looks like things are really coming together for you guys. Your wedding is sooo soon now! That is very exciting news, cant wait for more:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter