Cinderella16&PrinceCharming16's PJ(6/19/09)-Home Wedding - Disneymoon TR UP!!!!

Subscribing! It's neat to see that there is another Illinois bride on the board :) I also got my ring from R&H too!

Oh good finds at Kohls, I love that place:lovestruc.

I think the GM's and your family will love the gift from things remembered, they are really nice. I was looking at the beer mugs too but when I lifted them up I decided to pass since we would have to get 5 of them to WDW in our luggage:eek:!

And you nephew will look adorable in his Wall-E tee! I love that movie!

Looks like things are really coming together for you guys. Your wedding is sooo soon now! That is very exciting news, cant wait for more:goodvibes
I know what you mean about those huge beer mugs. They are SO heavy! I wouldn't want those in our luggage either, they are much lighter options!! :lmao:

Subscribing! It's neat to see that there is another Illinois bride on the board :) I also got my ring from R&H too!

Hello fellow IL bride! Congrats on your wedding! Thansk for following along.

Now--we have had a 2 year engagement and I have been pretty calm when it came to the wedding. Which is very unusual for me. :lmao:

HOWEVER, in the last week I have started to freak out about the littlest things. I don't know whether it is because the shower is on Sunday or the invitations are addressed, stamped, and ready to go out. :confused3

I am nervous for the shower, my family is very critical, especially when it comes to food. Why should I even care what they think, if the food turns out bad, is it really my fault? (It is at a local resturant.) I am just worried the shower is going to be boring or just basically suck, for lack of a better term. I dont know where these feeling came from or if it is even normal.

Also, now some of my bridesmaids want to know if they can get dyable shoes to match the dress. I chose Ivory/Cream/Off White shoes to make it easier on everyone, figuring maybe some people already had shoes in this color, but they dont think it is going to look good because everyone will have different shades of "white". The dress is long and you will barely see the shoes! One of my bridesmaids already bought her shoes, and I am not about to tell her to go and exchange them to get dyables. At this point, I dont care if some have ivory shoes and some have pink ones.

I just want to get married already and go on that Disney honeymoon just to get away from all the stress. Has anyone ever felt like this before?? :sad2:

I apologize for the negativity of this post, but I think I just needed to vent. thanks for listening!

Now--we have had a 2 year engagement and I have been pretty calm when it came to the wedding. Which is very unusual for me. :lmao:

HOWEVER, in the last week I have started to freak out about the littlest things. I don't know whether it is because the shower is on Sunday or the invitations are addressed, stamped, and ready to go out. :confused3

I am nervous for the shower, my family is very critical, especially when it comes to food. Why should I even care what they think, if the food turns out bad, is it really my fault? (It is at a local resturant.) I am just worried the shower is going to be boring or just basically suck, for lack of a better term. I dont know where these feeling came from or if it is even normal.

Also, now some of my bridesmaids want to know if they can get dyable shoes to match the dress. I chose Ivory/Cream/Off White shoes to make it easier on everyone, figuring maybe some people already had shoes in this color, but they dont think it is going to look good because everyone will have different shades of "white". The dress is long and you will barely see the shoes! One of my bridesmaids already bought her shoes, and I am not about to tell her to go and exchange them to get dyables. At this point, I dont care if some have ivory shoes and some have pink ones.

I just want to get married already and go on that Disney honeymoon just to get away from all the stress. Has anyone ever felt like this before?? :sad2:

I apologize for the negativity of this post, but I think I just needed to vent. thanks for listening!

Oh, I can totally join you in a breakdown this week. I am going NUTS and worrying about everything! If you're anything like me, it won't get any better!:rotfl: And I've definately said many times that I just want the wedding to be over and go to Disney World!

Don't worry about the shower, I'm sure it will be perfect!!! The shower was one thing that I didn't really worry about, my bridesmads, mom, and aunt took care of everything and I totally trusted them and knew it would be perfect... and it was! And I'm sure yours will be the same!:)

And my advice to you regarding the bridesmaids shoes is to not worry about it! None of my girl's shoes match at all. I told them silver strappy shoes... one got dyeable that match the dress, one got silver ballerina flats, and one is wearing tan (GASP:scared1:That doesn't match, AT ALL)! But, they're all long dresses, so you won't see them much, so I'm not stressing over it. There's a million things you'll be worrying about in the next two month, so I'd not make the bridesmaid shoes one of them. If some of your bridesmaids would rather have dyables, I'd tell them go for it!:thumbsup2

Oh, and have fun at your shower!!:yay: Hope you get lots of awesome gifts, and bring us back lots of pictures!!:)

Aww I'm sorry your feeling so bummed! It will get better I am sure! I can relate to the stress, I experienced my 1st bout of wedding related stress just last night in fact, I think all the relatives and the holiday yesterday just brought it on lol!

And do not worry about your shower at all, I am sure it will be awesome and you will have a ball! And remember as soon as the wedding is over it is time to relax in WDW so you have lots of good stuff to look forward to!:goodvibes But if you need to vent, this is the best place to do it, we can all relate!

I am so with you on this. When I started counting down I had over 300 days and now I am down to 54. Seems all the Bridesmaids cant get together at the same time to even look at shoes, FI has to go out of town for 2 weeks (he in the army). which means he wont be back until May 2. Then we still have to order his uniform, pick out music in the church, make sure the guys get fitted for tuxes on time and lots of other things!!!! HURRY UP DISNEYMOON!

Oh, I can totally join you in a breakdown this week. I am going NUTS and worrying about everything! If you're anything like me, it won't get any better!:rotfl: And I've definately said many times that I just want the wedding to be over and go to Disney World!

Don't worry about the shower, I'm sure it will be perfect!!! The shower was one thing that I didn't really worry about, my bridesmads, mom, and aunt took care of everything and I totally trusted them and knew it would be perfect... and it was! And I'm sure yours will be the same!:)

And my advice to you regarding the bridesmaids shoes is to not worry about it! None of my girl's shoes match at all. I told them silver strappy shoes... one got dyeable that match the dress, one got silver ballerina flats, and one is wearing tan (GASP:scared1:That doesn't match, AT ALL)! But, they're all long dresses, so you won't see them much, so I'm not stressing over it. There's a million things you'll be worrying about in the next two month, so I'd not make the bridesmaid shoes one of them. If some of your bridesmaids would rather have dyables, I'd tell them go for it!:thumbsup2
I agree with you, I am not going to worry about it! I'm going to tell them get the white and if they absolutely hate it that much then get the pink because it isn't going to matter. And thanks for your comments about the shower, I was just in a real icky mood this morning.

Aww I'm sorry your feeling so bummed! It will get better I am sure! I can relate to the stress, I experienced my 1st bout of wedding related stress just last night in fact, I think all the relatives and the holiday yesterday just brought it on lol!

And do not worry about your shower at all, I am sure it will be awesome and you will have a ball! And remember as soon as the wedding is over it is time to relax in WDW so you have lots of good stuff to look forward to!:goodvibes But if you need to vent, this is the best place to do it, we can all relate!
I agree with you on the holidays and seeing everyone at once and all the questions, I felt interrogated! :rotfl:

I am so with you on this. When I started counting down I had over 300 days and now I am down to 54. Seems all the Bridesmaids cant get together at the same time to even look at shoes, FI has to go out of town for 2 weeks (he in the army). which means he wont be back until May 2. Then we still have to order his uniform, pick out music in the church, make sure the guys get fitted for tuxes on time and lots of other things!!!! HURRY UP DISNEYMOON!

Disneymoon will be here before you know it, but I completely understand how you are feeling. I am sure it will all get done, it is just stressful! :hug:

The invitations are ready to go out next week. We designed, assembled, and hand wrote each address ourselves, these babies took many hours of work.

On Sunday, I dropped an invite in the mailbox to do a test run to make sure that they would go through the mail and received my test invite today...Well it arrived, only it looked like it was run over by the mail truck! I know mail goes through machines, but it ended up bending the pocketfold and looked so bad. (If only the outside looked bad, I would be fine, people throw the envelope out anyways, but the pocketfold had creases and bends!)

Of course, because I am way too emotional for my own good, I start balling right by the mailbox because now I am afraid this is how all the invites are going to look once sent out next week.

I have heard of hand cancelling your invitations, but I don't know that that will fix the problem. They are pocketfolds and a bit thick, but I feel I have received invites that have been thicker before with no problems.

DF thinks it will be fine mainly because you the invitation itself and inserts are are completely legible, but I don't want people getting bent, dirty invitations. He also thinks, possibly that it was just an unlucky piece of mail that got caught in the wrong place..he is so optimistic. :worship:

I love our invitations and am so upset about this. Has this ever happened to anyone and is there any way to fix it?? :sad2:

It may just be a fluke....when we sent out our Save the Date magnets....as far as I can tell everyone got theres fine except my DF's grandpa.....his was mangled beyond belief, completely ripped in half lol.....made me nervous for the invitations!

It may just be a fluke....when we sent out our Save the Date magnets....as far as I can tell everyone got theres fine except my DF's grandpa.....his was mangled beyond belief, completely ripped in half lol.....made me nervous for the invitations!

You don't know much better this makes me feel! :hug:

We are going to go to the post office tonight, maybe tomorrow to see if they have any idea what happened. I am hoping that it is just a fluke!

Aww I am sure it was just a fluke too. We had pocketfolds for our Disney STD's and so far everyone has got them with no problem. However, I am 100% convinced that there is a jinx on the bride sending out invites. Yours came all bent, but mine didn;t even come:lmao:! I was laughing when people started calling and saying "Oh your Save the Dates look great" and I am thinking "When did they get them, mine isn't even here yet?"... our GM's DF in CA got theirs and we are still waiting lol!

So I say go ahead and send them out, it's just the bride curse with invites :rotfl2:

Aww I am sure it was just a fluke too. We had pocketfolds for our Disney STD's and so far everyone has got them with no problem. However, I am 100% convinced that there is a jinx on the bride sending out invites. Yours came all bent, but mine didn;t even come:lmao:! I was laughing when people started calling and saying "Oh your Save the Dates look great" and I am thinking "When did they get them, mine isn't even here yet?"... our GM's DF in CA got theirs and we are still waiting lol!

So I say go ahead and send them out, it's just the bride curse with invites :rotfl2:

Boo to the bride curse!!! I hope you get your save the date soon!

We have to do WHAT?

Okay this is long, but I need to share this story....

DF and I went to our post office to find out what happened to our poor "test" invitation. They were very shocked when they saw what condition it was in. We spoke to one of the post office workers and he went to investigate the problem.

Well the problem was the little buckle on the invites was getting snagged in the machine and that is why it looked the way it did, because it is not truly flat. We asked him what our options were since we have yet to send the invites out and he said we can put it in a bigger envelope so that it doesn't go through as a letter and it will avoid that machine. Otherwise, we were stuck and he guaranteed that they would look that way or worse. :sad2:

At first, we thought that using another envelope would be hopeless since we already stamped them all, but employee informed us that we can peel the stamps right off since it is a metallic envelope they come off pretty easily. We could then just add the difference in postage. She was so very sweet and said invitations looked great and she felt bad that I did all the work and she could see my concern. This was basically at closing and all the employees there were ver impressed that we decided to send out a test invite. They called it smart, and I told them it was because I am a control freak...then the man who was helping us originally said, "no, it is called being a bride" :rotfl:

After much deliberation with DF in the post office we decided to head off to Office Max to see our envelope options. I really wasn't too keen on the idea of putting my beautiful invite in a bubble mailer, but we had to see what we could do.

So: we bought white 9x12 envelopes (those definitely will not fit through that horrid machine) and are putting our already addressed invitations in those. We are then doing mailing labels because I do not have the time or energy to hand address all 150 invites again, besides the metallic envelope is hand addressed and sealed inside.

We got home and started peeling the the stamps off the invites, they all came off without a problem and placed them all on the new huge envelopes. We started designing our labels, and are going to incorporate our monogram into them somehow...this is a project for tomorrow. I think in the end it will look okay.

Basically, our guests are going to be receiving a large envelope with a 5x7 envelope on the inside and then a pocketfold inside of that. :rotfl2: They will probably be very confused, but I think most people will figure out what happened. The way I see it, I would rather have this ridiculous situation than having the invites arrive all torn and mangled, espcially after hand making them. They are just going to throw out the big envelope anyways and who knows, maybe they will feel extra important since it is coming in a giant envelope. :rotfl2:

I beginning to find the humor in this all, but earlier I was in tears because I thought the idea was absolutely unacceptable, but I basically had 2 options: send out the giant envelopes and the invites will arrive all pretty, or send them as they were and it would arive as trash.... Sitting with DF peeling off our stamps, we began to laugh because we will always remember this little fiasco.

In the end, they are the same invitations and people will RSVP like normal, and it will still be the same wedding no matter how many envelopes it comes in.

My advice to you...if you have any ribbon, buckles, or any kind of inviation that bulges out the slightest bit (because mine is barely noticable), take it to the post office, do a test run, and see how it will turn out. Also: metallic envelopes are great for peeling off stamps if you make a mistake. :thumbsup2

Okay, I am sorry for rambling, and I will try and get some pics up of the mangled invite and our new and improved JUMBO invitations. :rotfl2:

SHOWER TODAY!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana:

So excited!! I need to remember the camera! =)

ALSO: We have exactly 2 months until the wedding!!!
It is going to FLY!

Hello!
I love your plans so far! Your wedding location looks very familiar.. I am from Illinois too! :cool1:

I know I have been MIA lately...I feel horribly about neglecting my PJ, but after that invite "disaster" and my shower, we have been BUSY BUSY BUSY.

First off, the shower was fun..we got great presents, I GOT MY TASSIMO MACHINE and my FMIL planned some terrific games for us to play. The downside was the service at the resturant...they didn't even have salt and pepper on the tables and the food was coming out soooo slow. People would order a drink and it would arrive 40 MINUTES LATER. It was horrible. My mom was so upset with everything...but whatever, what is done is done and we know the wedding will rock! :goodvibes

As promised here are some pictures of the practice invite that came to my house mangled a couple of days before we were going to send them out...

CopyofCamera055.jpg
the outside

Camera056.jpg

Camera048.jpg
inside, you can't tell how bent it was in the pictures and when I opened it, the ribbon was almost all the way off.

Camera050.jpg

Camera051.jpg
Inside of the invite (dont think I ever showed it)

So we took our mangled baby to the post office and they were just as surprised...they showed us that it was the buckle holding the ribbon was getting snagged in the machine causing it crush it. They told us to solve this problem we have to put our beautiful invites in larger envelopes. I was so upset at the time, but instead of getting an athletic gold mailing envelope we found white HUGE ones....(because otherwise it would still go through the wretched machine.)

Here was our final product. We printed labels and finished them all in one night.

CopyofCamera058.jpg

inite9.jpg

So we sent them off...but not before another go around with the post office. It seemed everytime we went they wanted to tell us different postage. At first they told us that a green heart stamp, and a gold heart stamp should be enough. When we took them back they told us it wasn't enough and wanted to stick a BLUE Ram stamp on it...:scared1: um excuse me? We ended up putting 2 gold stamps on them and sent them on their way..good riddance.

Looking on it now, it wasnt that big of a deal...a headache yes, but DF and I solved our issue together..isn't that what married couples do? :cloud9:We are now getting our RSVPs back and coming home to the mail is definitely my favorite part of the day. :laughing:

I was also working on shower thank yous...those were hard...I got major hand cramps..

Camera057.jpg

Camera046.jpg
Not sure if I posted our Advice Sign and cards

Camera047.jpg

Our new project is our programs....

They are scrolls..here is what they look like unrolled (but without the black marks.. you can never be too careful)

programs.jpg

Here is what they look like rolled up in the program basket..(this is just a small sampling of them)

CopyofCamera061.jpg

We also paid our Disney Honeymoon in full so we are now OFFICIALLY going! :cool1:

So that is has been my wedding life...and basically my whole life too...except that at work I was told that because of low student enrollment, myself and 3 other new teachers will not be teaching there next year. :sad2: I am so ready for this Disneymoon...somedays the stress is just too much.

This week should be a good one though... I have my final fitting :banana: and on Saturday DF and I are going to get our marriage license...I cannot believe it is only 39 days away!!!!!! So much to still do, but it is all coming togther...I CAN'T WAIT!

Okay, I just went back and reread what I wrote and it is so random, I apologize for the randomness. Hopefully the next update will be a little more coherent. :rolleyes:

I just came across this and had to comment!

I remember reading your engagement TR a long time ago-how awesome that youre SO CLOSE to your wedding day! You must be so SO excited!!! I remember those last few weeks before the wedding, and how ready I was for it all to be over and just be on my honeymoon and have some fun!! We honeymooned and the WL in December of 07 and I loved every single second of it. It was the best decision we ever made, even like you said-so many people just didn't get it.

I love all the wedding details, and I had to lol at the invitation fiasco, bc how SMART you are to have done the trial run, I never would have thought about something like that! I'm glad you got that straightened out!

anyway, I love everything you've planned, you are going to have SUCH a beautiful wedding! Can't wait to read more!

I just came across this and had to comment!

I remember reading your engagement TR a long time ago-how awesome that youre SO CLOSE to your wedding day! You must be so SO excited!!! I remember those last few weeks before the wedding, and how ready I was for it all to be over and just be on my honeymoon and have some fun!! We honeymooned and the WL in December of 07 and I loved every single second of it. It was the best decision we ever made, even like you said-so many people just didn't get it.

I love all the wedding details, and I had to lol at the invitation fiasco, bc how SMART you are to have done the trial run, I never would have thought about something like that! I'm glad you got that straightened out!

anyway, I love everything you've planned, you are going to have SUCH a beautiful wedding! Can't wait to read more!

Hi there! How sweet that you remember reading my engagement TR...that was a long time ago, although it feels like yesterday, where has the time gone? :confused3 Thank you so much for reading along. I see you have a bunch of TRs, I am definitely going to bookmark those as my next ones to read. :thumbsup2

Today is May 19th............THAT MEANS IN EXACTLY ONE MONTH WE WILL BE GETTING MARRIED :cool1::yay::dance3::cheer2::cool1::banana::yay::dance3::cheer2:

We just found that my cousin from Italy is coming in for the wedding, only my dad doesn't know yet. My dad's entire family is in Italy, so when he gets family to visit him, it is always a special treat. I am so excited that he is coming in!! We have to keep it a secret though because that is how my cousin wants it. My brother is just going to bring him from the airport to our house a week before the wedding, which means he will be coming to the rehearsal and everything. I guess next week he is calling my dad and telling him for sure that he can't come (we called last week and he told him maybe, but he would know more details soon). My dad is going to be so surprised..I can't wait!

We redid our Limo contracts because there were so many versions that we were all confused. So we started from scratch and now everything is all straightened out.

ALL the BP gift are bought and I am in the process of wrapping them. Need to also print more programs tomorrow and start on those place cards as soon as we get all our RSVP's back. They are due next Monday.

The next month is going to FLY by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter