• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Club run disney

How soon after Oct 1 should we expect to receive our welcome kit? Anyone know or have a good guess?

Does anyone know how we access the platinum member lounge for W&D without a club runDisney card? I assume they can look us up. Just curious how that works.

Does anyone know how we access the platinum member lounge for W&D without a club runDisney card? I assume they can look us up. Just curious how that works.

Someone on the FB group emailed Club rD and posted their response yesterday. Just bring a photo ID. They will have the ability to look you up. I'm in the same boat as I was previously Silver and only have my old membership cards, but I upgraded to Platinum this year.

Someone on the FB group emailed and posted their response yesterday. Just bring a photo ID. They will have the ability to look you up. I'm in the same boat as I was previously Silver and only have my old membership cards, but I upgraded to Platinum this year.
I always have my photo id, so that's helpful information

Saw the mention above regarding access to the lounge at the Expo for Platinum Members. Is there any news on what Gold Members need to do for their access to the RunDisney merch area before the general public? I was wondering if there would be some sort of digital ticket issued, or if everyone would have to show ID (I'd imagine this to be a slow process). Also, I know that people line up super-early on the first day of the Expo for merch. I'd assume there would be a separate line for gold members, but haven't yet seen any confirmation of this.

Saw the mention above regarding access to the lounge at the Expo for Platinum Members. Is there any news on what Gold Members need to do for their access to the RunDisney merch area before the general public? I was wondering if there would be some sort of digital ticket issued, or if everyone would have to show ID (I'd imagine this to be a slow process). Also, I know that people line up super-early on the first day of the Expo for merch. I'd assume there would be a separate line for gold members, but haven't yet seen any confirmation of this.

At all the expos this year so far there has been a separate line at the fence in front of the right side steps of the arena for the Platinum members. They check ID there and then you proceed up to the lounge, and you enter the merch area from there. (I just upgraded so this is what I observed as a Silver member in the regular line.) The Platinum line never seemed to get too long, but I suspect there will be a lot more people with Gold included. I'm hoping they will have two lines -- one for gold and one for Platinum.

If I were doing it, I'd have a line for Platinum members, letting them into the lounge and access to merch from there as before. I'd use the indoor staging room (with the lines taped on the floor) for Gold members (or as much of that room as they need), then hold the main line behind them or outside entirely.

It’s kind of disappointing that people won’t have their membership box before the first race weekend of the season, and we might barely get it in time for MW. I was hoping to have my jacket for these cooler months. And we have until the end of October to submit 10k results but don’t even have the boxes yet.

It’s kind of disappointing that people won’t have their membership box before the first race weekend of the season, and we might barely get it in time for MW. I was hoping to have my jacket for these cooler months. And we have until the end of October to submit 10k results but don’t even have the boxes yet.

Agreed. The last two years, I recall getting my box mid-October. I suspect they allowed a lot more memberships to be sold and didn't account for the additional fulfillment.

I emailed rD yesterday to ask about the process for early entry at Wine & Dine Expo. Here's the response I received:

Thanks for contacting us about the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo for your upcoming race weekend.

Club runDisney Platinum and Gold Membership benefits include early access to the runDisney Merchandise Shop at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. Early access to the runDisney Merchandise shop is only for Day 1 of the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo at each runDisney race weekend. For the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend, Day 1 is on Thursday, November 3rd, 2022.

The following times are for early access for the following Club runDisney members:

• Platinum Members: 8:30-9:45 am EST
  • Gold Members: 9:00-9:45 am EST

If you did not receive your Club runDisney Membership Card in time, not to worry! In order to enjoy your Club runDisney benefits during this event, please bring your valid photo ID, such as a driver's license, passport, or school ID card, to the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. Our Cast Members will be able to verify your Club runDisney membership.

We look forward to hosting you soon!

Last edited:
I didn't realize that Platinum was getting in even earlier than gold members

I hadn't really thought about it, but it makes sense to overlap the windows like that for the price difference of membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter