*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

I spend my first day at Disney Springs. I tend to do really early flights and get no sleep the night before, so I don't like to run around to the parks immediately. I eat and shop (and spend too much money doing both) and then crash around 8pm. The next day: the fun starts!
We are getting in around dinner time on the 16th and are planning on hitting Disney Springs for some shopping and dining to kick off our vacation too!

Our magic bands came today! I let my girls pick skins from Shop Emily G for this trip, so we put those right on the bands and they are SO excited to wear them. Countdown is officially on now! :)
I didn't know anything like this existed!! Did they take long to arrive? we leave in 12 days

Hello! We are planning on going to AK on the 4/22. It is me, my husband and our 3 girls. I would love to try to coordinate and get the elusive FOP FP!
Just released them a little while ago for someone on this thread. Sorry.

I didn't know anything like this existed!! Did they take long to arrive? we leave in 12 days

I just checked my Etsy account and saw that they were delivered to me 7 days after I ordered them. They ship from FL, so take that into consideration. I'm sure if you mention in the comments the date you need them by, the seller would try to accommodate that for you.

Somehow this thread fell off my watched list... ooops. 6 days to go, now!

Missing you by just a few days. We are doing the HEA dessert party on 4/13. Have fun!

We'll be there that night too, in the Garden view one!

2 weeks from today, my family and I will be kicking our trip off with breakfast at Garden Grill and a day of Epcot.

What are y'alls first day plans?

We fly in late at night so our first day will be the next day. We are going to AK, and were one of the lucky ones to score FOP at 60+1.

You guys, I can't get over how Murphy's Law works. It never fails, just before a vacation I always have so many things go wrong, especially at work. We leave for WDW tomorrow so today is my last day in the office until April 16. I came in today to find my computer had crashed. The hard drive is toast and if our tech guy can't work his magic then I will have lost pictures from my WDW trip last Sept. :( Life lesson - always back up your pictures and files! Then while I was still reeling from that heartbreak, I get a call from the receptionist letting me know that I am being surprise audited. Are you kidding me?! I have never needed a Disney vacation more!

You guys, I can't get over how Murphy's Law works. It never fails, just before a vacation I always have so many things go wrong, especially at work. We leave for WDW tomorrow so today is my last day in the office until April 16. I came in today to find my computer had crashed. The hard drive is toast and if our tech guy can't work his magic then I will have lost pictures from my WDW trip last Sept. :( Life lesson - always back up your pictures and files! Then while I was still reeling from that heartbreak, I get a call from the receptionist letting me know that I am being surprise audited. Are you kidding me?! I have never needed a Disney vacation more!
I guess better right before vacation than the day you get back.....:confused3 We’re one day behind you. Leaving Saturday.

No kidding. We were there just days later, but stressed about it plenty. Will be nice not having 100% humidity too.

Haha I was there during. I spent the week before basically doing nothing but watching every updated forecast model from every system.

Oh boy. Our animal kingdom day just shot to a crowd level of 9. 9!!! Go early and have a plan right? My 9 year old actually just said ‘mom, we have fast passes don’t worry’. You’re right kid. Pandora and the safari are our goals. The rest is gravy. We have FP for those. We just have to go with the flow.

Oh boy. Our animal kingdom day just shot to a crowd level of 9. 9!!! Go early and have a plan right? My 9 year old actually just said ‘mom, we have fast passes don’t worry’. You’re right kid. Pandora and the safari are our goals. The rest is gravy. We have FP for those. We just have to go with the flow.

i'm scared to check crowd levels at this point, lol. We're not changing our days around at this stage.

Right?! I just got the email from TouringPlans. Is your AK day 4/29 also? But, hey, we got this. Obviously we are all planners! I feel more for the first time visitors that show up around 11am. :scared:

3 days! So nice not having to worry about a hurricane this time!

I could have written this too! We were 3 days away yesterday (now only 2 days, woohoo!) and we had to cut our last trip short because of Hurricane Matthew (Oct 2016). We were actually in the MK when they made the announcement that the park would be closing early that day and remained closed the following day. So glad we are not dealing with that this trip!!!!!

Yikes! I guess I won't worry about my Epcot day going from 4 to 6. It stressed me out to get that email, but you've put it in perspective.

For us, this trip is just about being there and maybe doing things that we skipped the first time and otherwise just enjoying being there. Good luck to you!

Oh man. I read this thread and IMMEDIATELY bolted to my email. Luckily, my week (this coming one) hasn't changed. Just tell yourselves what I'd be telling myself...I've been planning for this for 9 months, I'll be in WDW, and I will eat the crowds for breakfast! ...or something like that.

Oh man. I read this thread and IMMEDIATELY bolted to my email. Luckily, my week (this coming one) hasn't changed. Just tell yourselves what I'd be telling myself...I've been planning for this for 9 months, I'll be in WDW, and I will eat the crowds for breakfast! ...or something like that.

Right. At a certain point, you have all your FP and ADRs. Doesn't much matter what changes as your plans are made. I've been tweaking my MK plan every day, but now a week out, I think I'm happy with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter