COMPLETE Jill & Dave's Wedding TR -WP/YC May 1, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your story and photos are amazing! You look so beautiful! It really touched me when you told the story about the picture during the ceremony (about your grandparents)- and then the best man/dad and the toilet paper! Those are the little blessings we are sent from above! Congrats!

Aww thanks Maggie! You just made me tear up.
I am glad you are enjoying it :)

GREAT Discovery Cove pix! Did you guys do the basic package or the upgraded one? I can't decide if the upgrade is worth it....

We did the upgraded one with the Dolphin Swim and so worth the money!!! The park is fun, but I do not think there is that much to do without the Dolphin Swim. I just happened to find this discount when we booked....

Use the promo code "TNC" when booking a trip to Discovery Cove, and Busch will donate $25 to Rescue the Reef. Include a dolphin swim with your trip (and, don't most people do that anyway?) and you'll save 15 percent off the admission price with this promo code.

We saved $80 and they made a donation for each ticket!!!! Definitely worth the money and I would do it again!

I love your trip report, and those really are amazing Discovery Cove pictures!

Day 7…Epcot
We got a little magic in Epcot. First we tried to get onto Soarin and the wait was 65 min. One of the cast members heard us talking and gave us a fast pass to get on immediately! Then Figment took DH’s just married pin and put it on himself and paraded me into his “place” were many children and parents were waiting for his autograph. He told (or motioned) to everyone that he married me not DH and showed everyone my rings. Then he swatted DH with his tail!!! It was so funny!!!

Sorry for the blurryness...DH took these with his cell phone
05-04-07_1512.jpg

05-04-07_1513.jpg

Then we went on Missions Space and they announce that the young couple (which made me smile since we are in our mid to late 30’s) on spot seven just got married and at the count of three everyone say “awwwww” :rotfl:

We got to listen to Mickey and Minnie’s wedding message after Illuminations and we got free dessert in Italy!!! We enjoyed the extra magic hours and then went back to the ASMR to pack for the Grand Floridian!!!

Day 8……AK, MK, GF and the answer to who REALLY paid for the bobble heads!

When I got up I check the door for our bill. I reviewed the bill and it only went up to May 2nd. The bottom was all smudged and there was a charge for “wedding magic” for $30. So I called the desk and asked for the final amount the was being charged to my card since the info was not on my bill. She gave me a total of $130 more than what I expected. I questioned the discrepancy and she could not give me an answer. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and told me that the extra $100 was the deposit. I told her that she did not answer my question. The deposit was already charge to my credit card 4 months ago and I wanted the charge that was being placed on the card today. Still it was more than expected. I asked her why I was being charged for “wedding magic” when we were the bride and groom!!! She did not know what the charge was and no one could explain it. They were not going to take it off the bill!!! :scared1: That’s when I lost my cool and told here that I was the bride and I did not give anyone any wedding magic and it was a gift to me so why should I have to pay for it? She had no answer and finally took it off the bill. Come to find out they billed us for the bobble head gift that Tara gave us when we checked in!!! I am still waiting for my cc to be charged to see what that final charge actually is!!!

After my break down on the phone we grab breakfast and went to the Animal Kingdom which was packed!!!! And it was so hot! We only did a few rides before leaving because we could not handle the crowds. We did get to go on Expedition Everest which was a great coaster.:love: Loved it!!! We left and went to GF to check in. We checked into the honeymoon suite which was beautiful and made dinner reservations at Citricos. I asked ASMR to transfer our luggage to GF and 6 hours later it still was not there! I was not happy because I had to go to dinner in my park clothes and I felt very under dressed. Before dinner we walked around GF and took pictures and sat on the beach and relaxed.

our view
P5050009.jpg

P5050012.jpg

P5050010.jpg

We went to dinner and it was delicious. We were seated by a window and saw another wedding party pass by. During dinner they called to let us know our luggage was in. After dinner we went to MK to met up with some of DH’s family and to see SpectroMagic and the fire works. Our niece and nephew were so cute during the shows. They had never been to Disney before so it was so special to see the sparkle in their eyes.

After MK we went back to GF…Some one…had brought Champagne, a rose and a card from princess Aurora up to the room for us! Before opening the champagne we went to one of the lounges and had a few drinks. Then went back to the room, popped open the bottle and toasted to new beginnings.

P5050033.jpg

P5050035.jpg

P5060039.jpg

Day 9…Our last day
GF offered a complimentary continental breakfast to use, but it was only available until 10:30. Of course Dave was running late, so I went to breakfast myself. Out of the kindness of my heart (even though annoyed) I put together a plate for him. I asked one of the cast memebers if it was okay to take it back to the room. I told her “my last fiancé…oopss I mean husband can’t get his lazy butt out of bed” We laughed at my faux pas and the said “shouldn’t he be getting you breakfast?” The plan was to hang out at GF for a while but with the luggage it was too complicated. So instead we went over to the Yacht Club to take pictures. We never got to see the patio were the cocktail hour was, or the grounds. So we walked around for a while and saw Sue…the lady who steamed my dress.

Cocktail Hour Patio
P5060046.jpg

P5060055.jpg

P5060065.jpg

We then made our way over the Market Place were we saw DH’s sister and family. We hung out with them for a little while and then said goodbye, our flight was leaving that night and they were leaving to go visit some friends. Dave and went back to shopping; Every trip we take to Disney we always buy a snow globe, it’s our tradition. So our intent at the Market Place was to buy the wedding snow globe. We liked the one with Mickey and Minnie but there were no boxes. So we took one to the counter and they told us they had no boxes and could not ship it. We were so upset!!! (When we got home I called and ordered it, but it was still a little disappointing.) We ate lunch and then went to West Side were we were caught in a nasty thunderstorm…the only rain of the whole week and it was 4 hours before our flight…not bad!!! Then sadly it was time to head to the airport….

And now we start our happily ever after...The End

What a wonderful TR! Thank you for sharing :) I LOVE your pics with Figment...SO cute!!!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! We had the exact same cake as you (at least on the outside). But we used the standard Mickey & Minnie Topper. I liked your Figment story - we finally managed to find Figment on our most recent trip and he was great.

I noticed you said you wished you hadn't rented a car because you were chauffering your guests around. I can see that, but I really wished we had rented a car (a minivan!) because our guests had such trouble getting around. My parents, siblings, DH and I spent close to 4 hours on Disney Transportation the night before the wedding because we had to get from parks to hotels, etc... People had trouble figuring stuff out. Better to chauffer than have to worry about people getting lost! :rotfl2:

Congrats!

Oh, and that is terrible that they tried to charge you for the bobble heads. We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us when we got back from dinner on our wedding night. Even though DH and I never drink, we were considering taking the bottle with us to maybe give to my parents or something, then we reconsidered because we weren't sure they were going to charge us if we took us (like a mini bar charge). Looks like they probably would have tried!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! We had the exact same cake as you (at least on the outside). But we used the standard Mickey & Minnie Topper. I liked your Figment story - we finally managed to find Figment on our most recent trip and he was great.

I noticed you said you wished you hadn't rented a car because you were chauffering your guests around. I can see that, but I really wished we had rented a car (a minivan!) because our guests had such trouble getting around. My parents, siblings, DH and I spent close to 4 hours on Disney Transportation the night before the wedding because we had to get from parks to hotels, etc... People had trouble figuring stuff out. Better to chauffer than have to worry about people getting lost! :rotfl2:

Congrats!

Thank you :)
Actually I am glad we had a car. It made things much easier. I was just a little annoyed that the 2 other families (mainly the best man, since he has a child) staying at the same hotel did not even think about renting a car and relied on us to get them to places...including our wedding! The last thing I needed to do was figure out how they were getting to and from the wedding. I just felt it was a little inconsiderate. BUT it all worked out and we had a great time. I think Disney transportation is great, but having to be on Disney transportation for 4 hours is not fun!

Oh, and that is terrible that they tried to charge you for the bobble heads. We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us when we got back from dinner on our wedding night. Even though DH and I never drink, we were considering taking the bottle with us to maybe give to my parents or something, then we reconsidered because we weren't sure they were going to charge us if we took us (like a mini bar charge). Looks like they probably would have tried!

I know, I felt like they were saying " congratualtions!, here is a gift...but you have to pay for it"...what!!!

GF gave us champagne and we did not have to pay for that...but I would hope they would not charge for something like that...but you never know :rotfl:

We had a similar thing happen to us. When we got home, there was a charge from Disney Resort Reservations for $48.50 but no indication what it was. I had to call the billing number, who talked to my planner, who eventually took it off. No one could tell me what it was for. How is that possible at Disney?? :confused3

Glad you noticed the charge and got it taken off as well! I'm always amazed how many people just accept whatever charges that appear when they could easily be an error!

Congrats on both your wedding and finishing your trip report! (I got married a week earlier than you and haven't finished yet. Oops. ;) )

We had a similar thing happen to us. When we got home, there was a charge from Disney Resort Reservations for $48.50 but no indication what it was. I had to call the billing number, who talked to my planner, who eventually took it off. No one could tell me what it was for. How is that possible at Disney?? :confused3

Glad you noticed the charge and got it taken off as well! I'm always amazed how many people just accept whatever charges that appear when they could easily be an error!

Congrats on both your wedding and finishing your trip report! (I got married a week earlier than you and haven't finished yet. Oops. ;) )

I think they were going to charge the bestman for the bobble heads. He order champagne for us and they could not bring that to the room :confused3 instead they charged us. Still, the bestman did not ask for the bobble heads, so he should not have been charged either! I agree people do need to look at their bills. Many people pay for things they never used/puchased.

GL on finishing your TR. I knew I was going away on business so I wanted to finish mine. But I have been reading yours so keep it coming!!!

OMG! I NEEEEEEDDDDDD the Princess Aurora and Prince Philip card! She is my fav princess and the pic of her is in her blue dress (which is my fav dress colour on her)... do you think they still do that?

Thank you! I can not believe we just celebrated our year anniversary! And with good news...we are pregnant!

Nicola2010 - They probably still do the Princess Aurora and Prince Philip card. It was a very sweet surprise :)

Another wedding I missed out on, but I got the chance to see now. Beautiful, beautiful!

And congratulations on the little one! :lovestruc

I love how all these old TR's are popping up!! More great information to be found! Thanks to all your past brides for sticking around to help us newbies!!

Congrats on the little one!! (Gosh, i hope that doesn't get deleted! :faint: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter