• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COMPLETE Jill & Dave's Wedding TR -WP/YC May 1, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmmastra

Mouseketeer
Wow!!! The whole experience was absolutely great!
Before I start I would like to give a few words of encouragement and advice to future brides…..Disney knows what they are doing!!! I planned my wedding for 16 months and at the 8, 6, 4, and 1 month mark I questioned every decision I had made from where to stay for our free night to the color shirts they guys would be wearing with their tuxedos (I panicked about the shirts two days before delivery). I questioned my reception location, food, and liquor package several times and I am sure I drove my EM nuts!!! There are so many options to choose from that it can be very over whelming. Go with what you feel is right…stick with your first instinct and even if you need to cut some things out because you have exceeded your budget, it will be okay…Disney knows how to make it work. I did not end up changing anything (I did have to cut some things out) and my wedding turned out to be better than expected. I could not have been happier! And I can not say enough about the wonderful people on this board, you all got me through some pretty indecisive times!!! THANK YOU:grouphug:

Let me introduce the players!!!
The bride….ME…..Jill
DH…..Dave
Best man…Jim
Groomsmen….Brian, Dave, Bob
MOH….My sister, Linsay
Bridesmaids….Tricia(BF), Patty, Jenny
RB’s…. Ryan and Sam
FG’s MyKenzie and Abby
My Parents….mom and dad
Dave’s parents….. Josie and Larry
Rev. Jack
Randy Chapman
Karen my EM
A Magic Moment

Day One……..1:45 PM, 1:46, 1:47…..:rolleyes:

We were all packed and ready to go…so I thought! We were supposed to leave the house at 1:45 to get a taxi at BIL’s house in Providence, RI at 2:30. Dave of course was running 15 minutes behind schedule (as always) which why EVERYTHING I scheduled was with 15 minute leeway…I know Dave’s family well!!! 2:00 PM and he is finally in the car.

Our flight left on time at 4:30 and we got into Orlando at 7:05……25 minutes early. The pilot was not sure if a gate was available and all I wanted to do was get off the plane!!! :hyper: We were in luck…a gate opened and we headed for Alamo. We got our car and we were off to the All Star Movies Resort. We check in with Tara who looked at our reservation and said “oh you are here for a wedding” and I responded “yes, ours” Tara eyes lit up, she was so excited for us. She took us to get all the tuxedos and when we were walking back to the desk Dave’s BM Jim came around the corner. Jimmy is a bit on the obnoxious side….he means well but says what ever he wants whether appropriate or not. He told Tara to have a bottle of champagne sent to the room. At that point I got nervous…really nervous, it was all so real now. I was there for my wedding!!! Tara also comped our refrigerator for us. After we received our keys Jimmy took us for a beer and we met up with his wife and son. I had not eaten all day so that beer went right to my head. :faint: We then went to our room and started unloading our car. Jimmy took everything in for us…he said he it was his job and he did not want me to break a nail lol.
We were in the Might Ducks building which is a quieter building with a pool.
P4290005-1.jpg

P4290004-1.jpg

P4290003-1.jpg

The Light
P4290002.jpg

Dave unpacking
P4290006-1.jpg

We were in the room for about 20 minutes and there was a knock on the door. It was Tara and she had a box. She explained that management would not allow her to bring us champagne so she got us something else. It was Mickey and Minnie wedding bobble heads!!!! So sweet!

P5120073.jpg

P5120072.jpg

After Tara left we had to deliver the welcome backs. So off we went to find my parents off site resort. On our way out we saw Magical Express coming in, so we decided to stop at the desk to see if my best friend Tricia and her husband Brian were checking in…and yup they were there. So I went running in to say hi and told them that we would be back in an hour to hang out. Jimmy and family went for the ride and we found my parents place with out a problem. We visited with my aunt, uncle, grand parents and parents for awhile, gave them their bags and left to find DH’s family’s off site resort. Map quest said it was 2 miles away. But Jimmy insisted his little navigation thingy was better than map quest. So 45 minutes later…yes I said 45 minutes later:eek: …we found the resort. It was literally down the street from my parents. But Jimmy had his little electronic device UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!! :sad2: Needless to say…I picked on him for the rest of the trip. After we finally found the resort I called Tricia to let her know we got lost and to not wait up for us…it was now midnight! We delivered the welcome bags and tux’s. The boys had a few drinks while I munched on pizza…I had not eaten in 10 hours. I decided to open up one of the tux bags and discovered that it had an ivory vest in it!!! The groomsmen were wearing black vest and yellow ties…Dave was the only one wearing ivory. So I open all the tuxes and they all had ivory vest. I was panicking :mad: when Jenny said "wait Ryan has two vests". So I sorted through all the bags and sure enough they all had one ivory vest and one black vest. Wwwoooohooooo.:cool1: I found out later that the order from the home store was confusing so After Hours put in both vest to be sure. I was so relieved. We then went back to ASMR, unpacked and went to bed!!!

Up next Sea World and the Bachlorette Party!!!

Congratulations, Mrs! The bobbleheads are so fun; how nice of the CM! Great TR so far, looking forward to reading the rest!

Congrats!!! WE had a Disney Wedding in 1998, (pre websites and internet)and we're going back for the first time in November to show our son the sights. We can't wait!

I agree with you about Disney doing such a wonderful job. I still say my Wedding was the best party I ever threw! I can't wait to see your pix.

Congrats again!

:hug:

Congratulations and welcome back!!! :cheer2:
Day 1 sounds good so far! Can't wait to read some more!!!

I just read your post again and realized Rev. Jack was your minister. He was ours too! Don't you just love him? The minute we met him we cancelled with the other prospects and just knew he was the one for us.

Now I have to go get out my pix and watch the DVD.:goodvibes

How nice of that CM to give you guys those bobbleheads! DH and I looked at them while in WDW but didnt want to pay for them (I think they are $30 or around it-- so that was super nice of her). I love your report so far. I Cant wait to hear what you thought of ASMovies? Im so glad you started your TR... and I can hardly believe you already got married!! It doesnt seem like it should be here yet!

Sending you and your DH a big Congratulations and a hug:hug:

How nice of that CM to give you guys those bobbleheads! DH and I looked at them while in WDW but didnt want to pay for them (I think they are $30 or around it-- so that was super nice of her). I love your report so far. I Cant wait to hear what you thought of ASMovies? Im so glad you started your TR... and I can hardly believe you already got married!! It doesnt seem like it should be here yet!

Sending you and your DH a big Congratulations and a hug:hug:

Thanks Maggie
I know the planning time flew by and I can not believe we are married. We just got our marriage license yesterday and it so official :rotfl:
The bobble heads were $30 we saw them in the World of Disney. But there is a catch to this sweet gift (I will get to that later in my TR).
I liked the All Star Movies. The building decorations and pools were so fun! The rooms were a little small and I would probably not stay there again, but that is only because I need more space! I really liked having the food court. It was nice to be able to walk in and have a ton of choices. The food was good not too expensive either. With our DDE card most meals were about $15.00 for DH and I. So it was a good value and helped us spend a little more money on the wedding and receptions.

I just read your post again and realized Rev. Jack was your minister. He was ours too! Don't you just love him? The minute we met him we cancelled with the other prospects and just knew he was the one for us.

Now I have to go get out my pix and watch the DVD.:goodvibes

Rev. Jack was the best!!! He was so easy to work with and did eveything we asked. I am so happy that we chose him, I could not imagine the day with out him.

Thanks Maggie
I know the planning time flew by and I can not believe we are married. We just got our marriage license yesterday and it so official :rotfl:
The bobble heads were $30 we saw them in the World of Disney. But there is a catch to this sweet gift (I will get to that later in my TR).
I liked the All Star Movies. The building decorations and pools were so fun! The rooms were a little small and I would probably not stay there again, but that is only because I need more space! I really liked having the food court. It was nice to be able to walk in and have a ton of choices. The food was good not too expensive either. With our DDE card most meals were about $15.00 for DH and I. So it was a good value and helped us spend a little more money on the wedding and receptions.

DH and I stayed at All Star Music in 2005. We stayed in the first building on the right (Calypso Building maybe?). I wasnt impressed. Im not sure if all of the AS resorts are like that but it just wasnt enough for me. Ive stayed in both moderate and deluxe resorts in the past and that was my first and only value resort. For the money its hard to pass up-- but once you stay in a deluxe its too easy to get spoiled!

Dont tell me that they tried to charge you for the gift because that guy asked for champagne and instead they brought that? I would die! I cant wait to hear more-- now you have me in suspense!

DH and I stayed at All Star Music in 2005. We stayed in the first building on the right (Calypso Building maybe?). I wasnt impressed. Im not sure if all of the AS resorts are like that but it just wasnt enough for me. Ive stayed in both moderate and deluxe resorts in the past and that was my first and only value resort. For the money its hard to pass up-- but once you stay in a deluxe its too easy to get spoiled!

Dont tell me that they tried to charge you for the gift because that guy asked for champagne and instead they brought that? I would die! I cant wait to hear more-- now you have me in suspense!

It was nice for what it was. It was my first time staying on site so to me it was convenient. But we did stay at GF out last night :love: and I will stay at mod resorts from here on out

Oh yes they did try to charge us and I threw a fit! I will tell all a little later :)

We then went to our room and started unloading our car. Jimmy took everything in for us…he said he it was his job and he did not want me to break a nail lol.

That is so sweet :goodvibes :rotfl2: .

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to read more!

It was nice for what it was. It was my first time staying on site so to me it was convenient. But we did stay at GF out last night :love: and I will stay at mod resorts from here on out

Oh yes they did try to charge us and I threw a fit! I will tell all a little later :)

Oh my... I can't wait to hear this one!

I know, I know, we were in Disney but I just love :love: SeaWorld and everybody wanted to go. Staying at ASMR with us was Jimmy and his family, Tricia and her hubby, my sister and my cousin Alena. I was very upset because DH and I were the only ones who rented a car! :mad: We had to chauffeur people all week!!! It was a little difficult fitting 6 adults and 1 child in the SUV…but we managed. We all went to breakfast and headed to SW.

Tricia excited to be going to Sea World
P4290007.jpg

DH and I were also going to visit Discovery Cove after the Wedding, so we had free passes to SeaWorld. We got to enter through guest relations and when I walked through the gate there was Shamu and baby!!!! I was so excited, so I called everyone over to look. I mean I made a spectacle of myself. That’s when DH pointed out that they were not real!!!! :lmao: Oh well. We proceeded directly to the Hospitality Center as we needed to sign up for Budweiser Beer School!!!! Come to find out they do not do an actual school with a certificate anymore but a beer tasting. We hung around the Hospitality Center for way too long drinking free beer. :drinking1 Then…DH’s family showed up and we hung around drinking free beer even longer. I finally had enough and went off with Tricia and Brian to see the fish!!! We stopped at the horse stalls first to see the Clydesdales. So enormous!

Then back to the beer tasting for more beer! I had not eaten....again, so Jimmy insisted on buying me lunch. I was annoyed becasue we were cutting so close to our tasting time, but thank goodness he forced me to eat. I would have passed out. It was actually a lot of fun. We picked out 4 beers to try and after each beer our beer connoisseur gave us chocolate or cheese (more food :banana: ) to cleans the palate. I was the only female there, so I had to warn Rob that he had a rowdy bunch. They guys tried to get Rob to let them finish off each bottle and he said no. But by the end….they drank it all plus some!!! We went on Kraken and Tricia and I screamed like we were little girls…it was so fun. I got to release a lot of stress on the coaster. We left SW to meet my family for dinner at Portobello’s to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Dinner was very good but the service was slow. My sister was having a little bit of a fit because DH’s sisters, mom and aunt we waiting for us to meet them for my bachlorette party.

My bach party was at PI and we stayed at 8 Trax (my favorite) for most of the night. I do not have the pictures yet...but will post when I do. The girls gave me a crown and had a congratulatory message put up on the big screen for me. Some guy kept calling me Miss America…until I corrected him. We had a great time and we were sad to see the night end…but I was exhausted!!!

Day Three….Rehearsal

I forgot to mention that in the welcome bags was an itinerary with very detailed information. I had everything scheduled 15 minutes prior to the actual start time to all events.

P4070032.jpg

Our rehearsal was at 10 AM and I told everyone to be there at 9:45 AM. Well…we got lost and DH and I got there at 9:55…….still on time but Dave’s family thought we were late, they all stood at the entrance to WP with there arms crossed taping their foot. It was very funny. Rev. Jack and my planner Karen were great. The rehearsal was quick and everyone commented on how beautiful the WP was. When I walked in WP my little flower girls grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to the alter screaming "auntie Jill look, look. It is Cinderella's Castle". They were so excited! It was so sweet.

After the rehearsal we dropped our group off at the ASMR and DH and I headed to the Osceola Court House. This was Maggie's excellent suggestion And with her great directions it was pretty easy to find :hug:

P4300008-1.jpg

P4300010.jpg

We waited for about 10 minutes on line. But the lady was so nice and freindly.

DH with the License for Rev. Jack to sign
P4300011-1.jpg

We left the court house and next on the itinerary was mani and pedis for the ladies at 1:30. We were running late so I kept trying to call my sister and Tricia to tell them to go with my mom and I would meet them there. But no one would answer their cell phones. I was getting very upset. The directions were in my room so I called Magic Nails to get directions and they could not tell my how to get there from Disney. I thought that very odd. I also verified they appointment time and oopppsssss I made a mistake the appointments were for 1:00PM!!!!! It was 12:45 and there was no way we would get there on time. I told the lady who answered the phone we would be late and she got a little snippy with me. I explained I got the times confused and we were late getting out of the court house. She said to get there as soon as we could. I tried calling Linsay and Tricia the whole way back and still no answer. I finally got back and tracked them down. I was so angry!!!! :furious: I was having my first bridezilla moment!! We got lost on the way and finally arrived at 1:30…..so my itinerary was right lol. Now DH’s family was very lost and they did not get there until 2:00. Linsay was great and stayed on the phone with Patty the entire time. Once I got my feet into the soaking bath I calmed down and apologized to everyone for being a bridezilla. That was really my only break down the whole trip. At Magic Nails I was the first done with my pedi…the 3rd to start, first to finish and my toes looked terrible! Everyone else got the leg massage and lotion…I got nothing!!! Hello I am the bride!. The finger nails came out better. But one of my toes was messed up. The girl who did them just picked off the bubbled polish and walked away. She came back few minutes later and told me I was done. I told her that it was unacceptable and to redo it. So she did...with an attitude. Most of the girls redid their nails when we got back the resort. My mani looked nice but the polished bubbled. I would not recommend them at all!

We got back to the resort and changed for the rehearsal dinner at ‘Ohana. The boys were ready and waiting. And I once again forgot to eat!!! When we got to ‘Ohana my family was already there. DH’s family was a half hour late but we had a fabulous time. The kids learned to hula and did the coconut race. The adults pigged out and DH could not finish his plate (which never happens). Our waiters were excellent and the drinks were yummy.

Linsay and I
P4300013.jpg

Linsay, Me, cousin Alena, Tricia
P4300015.jpg

DH and I
P4300014.jpg

DH, Jimmy and DH's mom
P4300024.jpg

Tricia, Linsay and the meat!
P4300033.jpg

Abby and the coconut game..with instruction from Mykenzie
P4300050.jpg

My parents...more salad dear?
P4300018-1.jpg

Happy family
P4300020.jpg

P4300016.jpg

After dinner the boys went out for DH’s second bachelor party. I guess Jimmy got rowdy in the Adventures Club and was kicked out, but DH said the night was fun.

My sister, Tricia and I went to the store to pick up food to munch on while we were getting ready the next day and for cold medicine for my very sick sister.

We came back and Tricia and I went to the pool bar for a margarita. She put together a wedding day itinerary of her own and we discussed what needed to happen the next day...the wedding day! I went back to my room and took a shower because Ana prefers day old dirty hair and then headed to my sister’s room for some much needed sleep. But I definitely ate that day!!!

Next up....The Wedding Day

Jill-this is GREAT! I can't wait to hear more! We are getting married May 1st 2008!!!! On your first anniversary it will be our wedding. Great pics and I cannot wait to hear more! Congrats on being a MRS.!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter