• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COMPLETE Jill & Dave's Wedding TR -WP/YC May 1, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jill-this is GREAT! I can't wait to hear more! We are getting married May 1st 2008!!!! On your first anniversary it will be our wedding. Great pics and I cannot wait to hear more! Congrats on being a MRS.!!!!!!

It is a great date!!! And easy for DH's to remember :rotfl: I will think about you on our first and your wedding day :)

Im so glad you made it to the courthouse! Your TR cracks me up. Im glad everything is turning out okay-- cant wait to hear about the wedding. Honestly it would piss me off too if DH and I were the only ones with a car toting everyone around. Oh well-- live and learn. Cant wait for more:woohoo:

Okay, the beer tasting is what is cracking me up...sounds exactly like something my DF and his friends would do. They are all about the beer...that was soo funny!

Sorry to hear about your mani/pedi fiasco...no excuse, especially with a bridal party!

Keep the pics coming, I love them!

Okay, the beer tasting is what is cracking me up...sounds exactly like something my DF and his friends would do. They are all about the beer...that was soo funny!

Sorry to hear about your mani/pedi fiasco...no excuse, especially with a bridal party!

Keep the pics coming, I love them!

:rotfl: It was ALL about the BEER. This is the whole reason DH wanted to go! To tell the truth...the last time we went to Disney we went to Sea World and Busch Gardens and went to Beer School twice. DH was so excited about his TWO Certificates that he told his whole fam. And that is why we went again. And yes our certificates are proudly (???) hanging in my family room! :rotfl2:

Well, as soon as DF (and his brothers and my MOH's husband) find out about this, they will definitely be partaking in that! I think I'll tell them about it after the wedding though...

How fun! I may even have to get my certificate.

Sorry, I meant to post more sooner but my second reception is this weekend and we have so much to do:)

Day 4 THE WEDDING DAY

So 16 months of planning was finally here. I woke up to my sister grinning at me. We got up, I took a quick shower

Startin20the20Wedding20Day20with20a.jpg

and got Tricia for breakfast. It was nice, just the three of us. I was not nervous at all. We got back to the room and Sue from Carolyn Allen’s showed up. She walked in and we all just looked at her funny….I asked her if she had my dress and she looked at me in horror.:scared1: She did not have the dress!!! But she was 35 minutes early and left immediately to get the dress. Now for those of you who read my post about shipping or space bagging…well I shipped the dress. So at the moment I was just happy the dress made it!!!! I was not worried or upset, it was 10:25 AM and my wedding was at 5PM. There was plenty of time.

Lin and Tricia applying Crest Whitestrips:rotfl:

P5010059.jpg

Then Ana form Beaute Speciale showed up. She had so much make up and supplies with her!!! She started on my sister’s hair first.

P5010064.jpg

My sister was doing everyones makeup but mine, so when she was done my mother got her hair done and Linsay started setting up her own makeup area. Ana was GREAT! She asked a lot of questions before she started each girl’s hair and did exactly what we wanted. My sisters curls started to fall out due to humidity, but Ana fixed them. She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup and covered my tattoo. She was friendly and easy to talk to. She fit right in.

P5010067.jpg

All20done1.jpg

During hair and makeup Sue came back with my dress and steamed it along with 4 other dresses. She did a great job. It was now 2:47 and I had been calm all day and then I saw Dave’s brother Brian walk by the room without his tux on…they had to be in the limo in 13 minutes…..what was he doing??????? Ana felt me tense and told me it would be fine, it was my day and guys could get ready very quickly. I was glad she was there! Apparently they made the limo okay. At the same time the rest of my bridal party started to show up and I was starting to feel very claustrophobic in my sisters now very little hotel room! Tricia got everyone to go into her room (she had adjoining rooms with my sis). Then it was time for me to get dressed. All the girls except for my mom and Linsay went into Tricia’s room. And I secretly got dressed with help from Linsay and my mom. It was such a nice moment…..mom pulling up the dress so the “twins” would fall into place….Linsay under the dress trying to pull down the crinoline!!!! Uummmm great moment! But I was finally ready

If20everyone20follows20the20itenira.jpg

My sisters caption for this picture is "If we just follow the itinerary everything will be fine" She knows me so well! :rotfl2:

Im20getting20married20today1.jpg

my dad arrived…he walked in a got teary eyed, then my mom got teary eyed…and I had to tell them to stop…….I did have eyelashes on!!!! Then the girls walked in and oohhhed and ahhed. I felt so special!!!. It was then time to go the limo…that was parked at the very far away lobby. Tricia’s DH decided it was too far for me to walk and went to the lobby to ask the driver to drive down to get me. In the meantime the housekeeping staff heard there was a bride, so they all got in the golf carts and drove over to see me and say congratulations!!!! They were so sweet : ) As we were getting in the limo I asked Tricia if her DH knew that we were going to the WP first and not the Yacht Club. She yelled out the window and told him but I didn’t think he understood. Too late we were driving and no one had a cell. My girls brought some champagne and my sister made a very sweat toast but all I could think about was the fact that I was sweating and kept have to air my arm pits!!! My sis assured me she had my deodorant just in case…..come to find out she forgot it!!!

Patty in the limo
Hi20Patty2.jpg

We got to the GF and Randy was waiting along with Harold…the man who carried my train for all the pictures…..I love Harold!!! The pictures went well and the flowers were amazing.

Im20getting20married20everyone1.jpg

My dad and I
Dad20_20Jill1.jpg

Parents and I
Mom20Dad20and20Jill1.jpg

Randy was so easy to work with. He even dealt with the fact that I could not keep my eyes open in the sun! The little FG’s were so cute in the sand. Randy took a picture of them taking off their shoes to get the sand out. We were then taken over to the WP for the ceremony and I was immediately taken to the bridal room..and we waited..and waited and waited. Apparently my mother ripped the hem on her dress before the ceremony even started and my uncle was sewing it for her! Once she was mended the ceremony started..and it was beautiful. (Sorry no pic yet)

The doors whisked open and all I saw was DH standing there. It was an amazing moment and I can not remember too much more!!! My father and I got to the alter and I could tell DH was really nervous. During the vows he got very teary eyed so I had to make a few face gestures. I raised my eyebrows during “forgive” and everyone laughed and Rev. Jack said” I don’t know what you did” and then continued with the vows I was saying…but I did not hear him and said “what?” and everyone laughed again. Now the raising of the eyebrows…..everyone questioned me about what DH had done for that reaction. Well he did not do anything…he has a saying he uses frequently “it is easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask for permission” and when he says that I always make a face…that is what that was about. It lightened the moment. Dave and I had a memorial table in memory of those who had passed. On the table were pictures of his father, grandparents and my grandparents and a vase with forget-me-knots. My sister was standing in front of the table so I was unable to see it. During one of the prayers my sister step to the side almost as if some had said excuse me and asked her to move. At that moment I saw my grandparent’s picture (it a pic of them at my parents wedding) and I knew my grandmother was there. It was a moment I will never forget. During one of the readings our 14 month old nephew decided to get loose and run around…but that was absolutely adorable. We kissed and were announce Mr. and Mrs.!!!
As we walked out of the WP, I noticed Tricia’s DH sitting in the back. I thought it was very odd. He knows my family, why would he not sit with them????

Story ~ Brian (Tricia’s DH) did not know where the WP was and he was driving by himself with no one to follow. Well he got lost and he got pulled over…doing 70 in a 35!!! Now what is even funnier is Brian is a police officer and he out of all people gets pulled over on his way to my wedding…oh I am still hysterical over it. :lmao: He handed the Disney Police Officer his badge and had to sit and wait for 15 minutes while tour buses and families drove by. The Disney Officer finally let him go and gave him directions to the WP. He was 20 minutes late! My EM told him to just sneak in and no one would know he was late. But….he opened the door and everyone turned around and stared at him. :rotfl: Poor guy. He was so afraid we would be mad at him. I am sad he missed most of the ceremony but again I am still laughing!!!

Back to the ceremony….We had our staged exit and came back to WP and Randy took tons of pictures. Once we finished with the wedding party pictures everyone left and DH and I had to wait for the limo to come back which took a little longer than I thought it would. But…Randy took pictures the whole time and A Magic Moment shot extra video.

Now we party at the Yacht Club!!!

I was a little disappointed because I did not get to see any of the cocktail hour, but that went away when Karen took us in to see the reception room. The reception room was one of the things I kept thinking of changing and some of you may remember that I was nervous because I thought the room would be too big and not decorated enough…turns out simple was better and the room was gorgeous. Just enough color, so elegant…just what I wanted. I took my breath away! We talked with DJ Steve for a little while and then we waited in another room while our guests enter the reception room to “Be Our Guest”. Then we were introduce and immediately started out first dance; Push by Sarah McLachlan.

P5010075-1.jpg

P5010074.jpg

P5010077.jpg

P5010075.jpg

Sorry about the blurry ones

The best man had a very nice toasted which was written on toilet paper.
Best20man20speech1.jpg

Everyone thought it funny but my dad new something else. My father said a prayer the night before that his parents (the ones whose pictures was on the memorial table) would be present at my wedding. Come to find out Jimmy’s toilet paper speech had a significance. When my grandfather was in the army he used to write to my grandmother on toilet paper!!! So my grandfather made it too : ) My uncle said a beautiful blessing, that made me cry and then we ate…and the food was outstanding!!!! I did not go to Fl for a tasting…so I had no idea what the food was going to taste like. It was better that I expected. The menu was Penne Ala Vodka, garden salad with a baked cheese bowl, followed by either Oak grilled tenderloin with a port demi glaze, Parmesan Crusted Chicken or Tilapia with Mango Salsa. This kids loved the Chicken Fingers and Mickeyroni and Cheese and came over to thank me! Then the glass clinking began and we had to kiss. Our Dj Steve (who was excellent) told everyone that when ever a table clinked their glasses, they had to sing a song with the word love in it. Well one of the tables that had DH’s family at it started clinking their glasses. DH and I kissed and our little 6 yr old niece got up, took the mic from the DJ and started sing……..Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me”!!!!!!! Her parents were mortified but it was so funny and she was so cute. As a joke I go up and asked her parents why they let their daughter listed to that kind of music. It was priceless!!! Another table started clinking glass and our 3 ½ yr old niece got up and say you are my sunshine. It was a lot of fun.

We did our father/daughter and mother/son dances and then we cut our cake. It was beautiful!!!!

Cake.jpg

Cake20cutting20time1.jpg

I told Karen that I wanted a piece of each layer!!! And it was sooooo good! DH and I did not smash cake into each others faces…I was a little nervous about that!!! But we got a cake that served 50 ppl and there were 30 there. So just about everyone got to taste each layer. I could not have asked for a better celebration!

Abby dancing
Abby1.jpg

Dave and His mom
Dave20and20his20Mom1.jpg

Sammy catching bubbles
Bubbles1.jpg

Never should have given me the knife! :rotfl2:
Dave20watch20out20for20the20knife1.jpg

At the end the DJ played Good Night Sweet Heart. Dave’s BIL Dave said some very nice words about how he thought it was great that two families could come together and get along so well. Then my father took the mic and started signing “Good Night Sweetheart” again…and everyone joined in. It was perfect. The whole day was a dream come true!

We left the Yacht Club and a group of us went to PI for a few more drinks. I was not ready to end the night. I wore my veil, and told everyone we met that I was married. Jimmy managed to buy way too much beer and we had to drink it, ALL OF IT….NOT a good idea.

Up next Why it was not a good thing to drink all that beer and Swimming with the DOLPHINS!!!

GREAT update! I died laughing over the 6-year-old's vocal debut on that trashy song - what a great story! :lmao:

It is so nice to hear that you had a lot of fun...there were funny moments, and you seemed so relaxed and able to enjoy yourself without any trouble. I only hope I'll be that calm!

Congratulations...everything was gorgeous!

I love the pics! You look amazing! Your day sounds just wonderful :)

It all sounds (and looks) beautiful. I'm glad your grandmother and grandfather were able to "share" the day with you. I carried my grandpa's hankerchief with me for most of the day, so he was there with us in spirit as well.

Laura - I think you were the one that tipped me off to the Disneyshopping sale. That is when I bought the cake topper. Great topper everyone loved it :)

lurkloo - still laughing over my nieces musical debut! It was so innocent though :lmao:

hulagirl - thank you, I loved my flowers and they were so fresh the lasted a week and a half! I brought them home on the plane with me.

jodeeluvsdisney - thank you...at that point there was nothing I could do if something did go wrong. So I figured I would just enjoy the day. I am sure on your day you will be just as calm :)

Thank you M&M!!!

purplegirl274 -It was nice to have them there. I also had my grandmothers handkercheif pinned under my dress...it is actually still there.

Great trip report. I love your flowers! Congratulations to you and your DH!

Day 5…….need more sleep…and 1000 Advil!

I did not go to be until about 3 AM and my cell started ringing at 8 AM. The groomsmen wanted to bring their tux’s back so I could get them to the lobby for pick up before 10 AM. I was not feeling pretty; it was going to be a bad day. :sick: This morning was the reason I stopped drinking in my late 20’s. I only had a few beers at the reception….but PI, I had way too much!!!

The guys dropped the tux’s off at 9 AM and I went to get my sister up…I needed coffee bad!!! I managed to get Dave up, we had breakfast and headed to MGM around noon. The first ride….Tower of Terror….I do NOT suggest this ride if you are hung-over. Nor do I suggest ride number two…the Aerosmith Rock N’ Roll coaster. What were my sister, cousin and DH thinking??? Now I needed Tums!!! We met up with part of Dave’s family. I noticed that DH’s brother’s girlfriend had a very large bag with her and I decided to ask if by chance she had any Tums. SCORE, a whole bottle. The day was starting to look up! After a nice afternoon with DH’s family we broke away and met up with my family for a little dinner and Fantasmic. I was exhausted...time for bed!

Day Six…Discovery Cove!!!

M050307_00_2654.jpg

This was a day I was so excited for. We got to the park and had a nice continental breakfast. Then we swam with the sting ray. So cool! Little slimy but the are so gentle.

P5030006.jpg

Then we snorkeled in the coral reef. That was a little overwhelming. DH does not swim very well and I have a fear of water…well I do not like to swim in places were I can not see the bottom and I do not like fish!!! So it was a little odd that two people who have a fear of water were at Discovery Cove! But we got over our fear and swam with the fishes. The sting ray were as big as my car!!!! We got out of the water and had some snacks and a drink (everything was included including the beer).

Next up the aviary. We got to feed the birds and I stood next to a peacock! They also had little tiny deer that would let you pet them. Then we went for a swim on the tropical river, which went through the aviary.

P5030020.jpg

P5030014.jpg

P5030037.jpg

Another beer, some more snacks and it was time for our dolphin swim!!! I was so excited. Our dolphin’s name was Akai. He was so sweet and loved to be pet, just like a dog! We took pictures with him and then he took us for a ride. It was such an amazing experience.

M050307_00_9727.jpg

M050307_00_9729.jpg

M050307_00_9750.jpg

M050307_00_9779.jpg

M050307_00_9812.jpg

M050307_00_9813.jpg

After we got lunch and then just sat on the beach and watched the dolphins swim. It was such a relaxing day. It was nice to do our own thing by ourselves for a day.

That night we went to dinner with my family because they were all leaving in the morning. Dinner was okay. We said our good byes and met up with Jimmy, Tricia and her DH and went to PI’s Ragland Road. Ragland Road is a restaurant so you do not have to pay PI admissions to get in. We had a nice casual night and went to bed. I was so exhausted.

Up Next Epcot, a little magic...and the Extra charge on my bill!!!

Your story and photos are amazing! You look so beautiful! It really touched me when you told the story about the picture during the ceremony (about your grandparents)- and then the best man/dad and the toilet paper! Those are the little blessings we are sent from above! Congrats!

GREAT Discovery Cove pix! Did you guys do the basic package or the upgraded one? I can't decide if the upgrade is worth it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter