Contemporary DVC: Yes or No

DVC Contemporary: Definitely Yes or No

• I will purchase as soon as it is offered

• I will not purchase

Results are only viewable after voting.
We most definately will buy, googling for CRV rumors is what brought me to this board :goodvibes

I love the area and love CR. Being able to walk to MK in the evening and not worry about crowded transportation is a dream. And renting a boat to buzz around Bay Lake is the best. And hopping on the monorail to have dinner at the Poly or GF is another plus. Will probably get enough points for a 4 night stay in a one bedroom, will depend on the price and our financial status at the time.

Absolutely no interest here. Just give me my SSR and I'm as happy as a clam!

Voted right away, but how can every person know for sure without the price, point shedule, sight unseen etc?

Some won't be able to, however as I said earlier that did not seem to affect the interest in AKV. I think it is safe to say points will be similar or slightly higher than AKV. They can't raise them considerally and expect it to sell.

Many buy sight unseen and did for AKV.

I agree. We definitely want to buy, but aren't sure it will be "as soon as it is offered". It depends on how much per point and where things are financially for us at the time. So we don't really fit into either of your choices.

Then in this poll you don't vote. My interest was not in the "maybes" but those that are definitely pro or con.

Then in this poll you don't vote. My interest was not in the "maybes" but those that are definitely pro or con.

But the only sure vote is con. Pro is almost impossible for sure, it could be $120 a point and 20 points a night for a studio and $10 "monorail" dues. Throw in nobody has even seen it and you have a lot of uncounted votes.

Whats the point anyway, maybe you could try a new poll:

Do you think CRV will sell out?

YES_____
NO______

Isn't that all DVC wants anyway?

But the only sure vote is con. Pro is almost impossible for sure, it could be $120 a point and 20 points a night for a studio and $10 "monorail" dues. Throw in nobody has even seen it and you have a lot of uncounted votes.

Whats the point anyway, maybe you could try a new poll:

Do you think CRV will sell out?

YES_____
NO______

Isn't that all DVC wants anyway?

I don't think so. I seriously doubt Disney will raise the point cost or points required much over AKV. No one had any idea what it would be, yet there was tremendous interest even before then.

I think some are taking this way too seriously. If the categories don't fit, then just pass this one by.:thumbsup2

I was just curious as to those not on the fence, those that knew Yes I am definitely interested, no I am not.

I think for us it's a 'NO'.

I would love to own points at every DVC but DH thinks our 300 WDW pts are enough (and I have a hard time aruging this point)

those that knew Yes I am definitely interested, no I am not.

That's exactly my point.

"I am definitely interested" would have been a great way to word the poll. "I will purchase as soon as it's offered" is not the same.

That's exactly my point.

"I am definitely interested" would have been a great way to word the poll. "I will purchase as soon as it's offered" is not the same.

Right.:thumbsup2 I am definitely interested and will purchase as soon as I can, but that's different than purchasing as soon as it's offered.

We are ready and waiting to buy an add-on at CRV. :thumbsup2 The question for us is, how many points will we buy? I have to see a point chart before I can make that decision...

We won't purchase, but I think there will be a lot of interest and sales would be brisk. The fact that it would be easily walkable to MK plus being on the monorail alone is enough to drive sales, IMHO.

Also, if you stop and think about it, it's not only right at MK, but it's just a short monorail ride to Epcot (with very little waiting, like you have with buses), and from there, just a pleasant boat ride to MGM.

By some SWAG estimates back when the drawings were posted, I remember it being 300-350 units -- which is good sized, but not huge. I don't think they'd have any problems selling out in a pretty reasonable time.

I think they are going to do CRV, and I fearlessly (without a shred of evidence) predict it will be all-DVC, not a mix of DVC and suites.

I also would not be surprised to see a somewhat higher price point than AKV, partially because they can get it and partially because that would lessen the competition with AKV and give them significantly different products to sell.

We bought OKW 10 yrs ago and just added on in Feb. @ AKLV's (we couldn't wait!). We have no interest to add-on at CRV but would stay there just to try it with the 7 mo window if available. (we like to stay at least 1x @ all the DVC properities just for the experience - it's GREAT!)

I will purchase.

Just not as many points now, as I see Sammy is not purchasing......

We won't purchase, but I think there will be a lot of interest and sales would be brisk. The fact that it would be easily walkable to MK plus being on the monorail alone is enough to drive sales, IMHO.

Also, if you stop and think about it, it's not only right at MK, but it's just a short monorail ride to Epcot (with very little waiting, like you have with buses), and from there, just a pleasant boat ride to MGM.

By some SWAG estimates back when the drawings were posted, I remember it being 300-350 units -- which is good sized, but not huge. I don't think they'd have any problems selling out in a pretty reasonable time.

I think they are going to do CRV, and I fearlessly (without a shred of evidence) predict it will be all-DVC, not a mix of DVC and suites.

I also would not be surprised to see a somewhat higher price point than AKV, partially because they can get it and partially because that would lessen the competition with AKV and give them significantly different products to sell.

I agree with your fearless prediction....and I further predict that after CRV quickly sells out, they'll announce that a second tower will be built where the south garden wing...was.

Since this thread had descended into AKV interest vs. CRV interest, I need to say I never, ever had any interest in the poopy-smelling old AKV. With elephant poop view rooms as well as guano encrusted porches, how can anyone compare this to the awe inspiring, diety blessed, nearly perfect CRV?:rotfl2:

Absolutely no interest to buy..The CRV as it appears today, (JMHO) just seems so "cold" to me. We will do BCV or hopefully by then something similar next time we add-on. This is good for those who have been patiently waiting! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter