Coronavirus discounts on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAlegacy

Mouseketeer
Ok seriously. I wonder if people are cancelling or postponing trips or not worrying about it?
Would love to see the reservation data.

Based on my minimal research, trips are definitely being cancelled for April. Many more rooms are available for our April vacation (third week in April) than there were last week.

Hard to say. If people have airfare booked without the the option for a refund, or rooms booked on rented points without the option of a refund, they’re going to go. We’re set to fly down next Thursday. No virus detected (yet) in our state, were healthy (as of now) and if we backed out we’d be out $1300+.

Hard to say. If people have airfare booked without the the option for a refund, or rooms booked on rented points without the option of a refund, they’re going to go. We’re set to fly down next Thursday. No virus detected (yet) in our state, were healthy (as of now) and if we backed out we’d be out $1300+.

Too late now, but in the future it wouldn't hurt to get the insurance the airlines are offering at a small cost when booking.

My own perspective is this:
If I had a pending reservation I would keep it and made sure I cancelled within the 100% refund window if I changed my mind.
I can see people who are financially strapped not pinching pennies right now to make a reservation possible for the rest of the year.

People who were on the fence about a trip may just say "I'll wait till next year"

booked for the 3rd week in April. watching and waiting, at this point no reason to cancel. Have an alternate plan to move the trip to October if needed, would have my TA modify the reservations. Bigger issue is the airline tickets with Delta;until/unless they waive the change fees we won't do anything.

We are scheduled for the end of April. We are considering driving instead of flying. I also booked a back up trip for June in case with a room only reservation. If we had to postpone it would be hard with the dining. but at least I can do the fp 60 days out.

Our week-long trip starts April 29th and we've got room-only rezzes so we could cancel, but we'd have to eat the airfare unless JetBlue was nice about it. I'm proceeding as if the trip is gonna happen and I hope it will.

We are in the same boat as you with JetBlue. If we have to reschedule I am hoping they would let us change our flight for a future date with out any penalties. I'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

We are in the same boat as you with JetBlue. If we have to reschedule I am hoping they would let us change our flight for a future date with out any penalties. I'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.
JetBlue sent me an email around the 27th saying that any flights booked from that date until some future date (I forget what that was, maybe another 2 weeks?) for flights up to 6/1 would be fully refundable. But I booked my flight weeks ago, so I wonder what they'll do in that instance. Seems like they wouldn't want to penalize people who'd booked in advance, but there's no way to know.

And of course I want to go to WDW! But not if it means risking a serious illness.

We have a reservation for for early May and not sure if we will cancel. I'm a lung cancer survivor and DH is concerned. Yesterday was my FP date and I decided to not get them. If we go we will just skip the rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter