Countdown to PCS orders

sk8ingmom

<font color=teal>I get funny looks from people who
anyone else waiting?? We are PCSing sometime this spring/summer. Don't know where or when yet. It is getting so close, but we have no idea. I hate this part!

We're waiting! Thought we'd have something today.
Maybe this week sometime.

I can only wish. We've been here 5 years, 6 for my husband and I don't ever think we are leaving.

Yup...DFi is going to Lakenhealth in April. :sad1: I am secretly hoping he doesn't get them but to somewhere in the States...I can't go until we get married in Oct.

We're not so patiently waiting :lmao: DH has 6 months left on Recruiter Duty and then we are OUTTA HERE :thumbsup2 The options we've been presented with so far are permanently converting to a recruiter (NOOOOoooo but we would get assignment preference) or Ft.Lewis, WA. We're leaning towards Ft.Lewis because my sister and her DH are stationed there, DH just wants to return to the "real Army" and not this recruiter stuff :( Hopefully we will hear something soon and hopefully it will be something good!

I can only wish. We've been here 5 years, 6 for my husband and I don't ever think we are leaving.

I WISH we were staying! Unfotunately it doesn't look like an option.

tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock

We are actually a day or two away from signing new orders for December. That has to be a Navy first...orders 11 months before pcsing?? I guess its because hes going to Iraq. He's only signing them if he gets a gaurantee to war college after Iraq so maybe something will happen and he can stay stateside, not likely though!

No such luck here, dh is going to Korea for a year and we've already got our follow on back here. I don't mind though, I like it where we are. After he comes back, he'll ohly have a couple of years left before he'll retire. They gave him his orders to Korea 18 months in advance....it was awful knowing so early that he was going to be leaving for a year...

I WISH we were staying! Unfotunately it doesn't look like an option.

tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock

Have you heard any news yet? I used to look so forward to moving in the military. Now with kids it is new friends, new schools, and more stress. But I still love the life I have been given. Just checking in with you.

It's more than 3 weeks later and STILL nothing for us.:headache:

We were supposed to get orders in early DEC for a March 31st move, but they got delayed. I was starting to give up on them but....We just got our order the other day after being here 5yrs! We are moving to Hurlburt Field AFB (in Ft Walton Beach FLORIDA!) NLT June 15th! I can't wait for DH to get back from his TDY on 2/15 so he can start outprocessing! I just hope the time goes by quickly LOL.

DFi got his orders the other day...off to Lakenhealth for him for 36 months to start and after we get married and I join him...48 months.

We were supposed to get orders in early DEC for a March 31st move, but they got delayed. I was starting to give up on them but....We just got our order the other day after being here 5yrs! We are moving to Hurlburt Field AFB (in Ft Walton Beach FLORIDA!) NLT June 15th! I can't wait for DH to get back from his TDY on 2/15 so he can start outprocessing! I just hope the time goes by quickly LOL.
Wow! Quite the climate change for you!

We have been here for 5 1/2 years. (Well, I have and DH has been in and out) There is a chance we could PCS this summer but I hope not. As much as I want to move, DS makes the Kindergarten cutoff here but not most places.

For the first time in the ten yrs we've been married, we are staying in the same place for two tours in a row!!!! We are really excited about it, we can actually enjoy all the work we've done on our house and hopefully DH's next assignment will be lot less stressful then this one has been. I actually kinda enjoy PCSing, I dont' like the actual moving part, but I enjoy seeing new places and meeting new people, and so far we have been very happy with everywhere we have been. Good Luck to all those moving soon!:flower3:

It's more than 3 weeks later and STILL nothing for us.:headache:

So sorry that you havent heard anything. That time of not knowing anything is really a stressful time. I love moving and trying new places. Truly I do but I would really like to own a home. I dont want to buy down here in New Orleans for obvious reasons and look forward to buying something in the next year. (Keeping my fingers crossed. )

Today is the first time I've checked out the military section of DIS! DH has orders to go to Atsugi, Japan in June! :woohoo: He has to be there June 1, and my two kids and I are staying here in Virginia Beach until the end of June so my DD5 can finish kindergarten, then we are headed over there! Both of my parents were in the Navy, but the last transfer we did was right before I turned 6, and then we settled down in Virginia, so this move is pretty much all brand new to me and we are learning things as we go. I hear nothing but wonderful things about being stationed in Japan, so I am really exicted.

Hey Pooki, We're getting ready to transfer to Yokosuka next month. I've heard lots of good things about living in Japan also.

We've had so many problems with PSD here in Mayport. I'll just be glad when we finally get there. I'm not looking forward to that 15hr flight to Japan though.

Good luck with your move!

Thanks, Momma, you too! I'm not quite looking forward to the flight either...I'm going it alone with DD5(then 6) and DS3...good thing Santa brought them the Leapster L-Max's for Christmas this year! I love how he thinks!

I honestly don't know much about Japan yet...I'm kinda doing this blindly...no matter how much I research, there is still just so much of the unknown. How far is Yokosuka from Atsugi, if you know? My BIL, who graduated from bootcamp in November, is trying his hardest to get orders to Japan also, but he has a feeling if he does get them, he will be stationed in Yokosuka as well. He should know any day now. This is exciting, but nerve-racking also! :)

I have heard great things about Japan as well. You all will have great experiences there. As for the flight...well that part is always crappy. I flew here to Egypt with my two kids (7 and 3) with no help and it wasn't fun, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Just bring stuff to do. I am going to have to make the return trip with them as well. Not looking forward to that.

We are moving to Belgium! We found out last night and are so excited!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter