Countdown to PCS orders

I have heard great things about Japan as well. You all will have great experiences there. As for the flight...well that part is always crappy. I flew here to Egypt with my two kids (7 and 3) with no help and it wasn't fun, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Just bring stuff to do. I am going to have to make the return trip with them as well. Not looking forward to that.

We are moving to Belgium! We found out last night and are so excited!:yay:

OMG that is wonderful and such a big treat after Egypt! Are you going to be at NATO?? I've heard that its a great assignment. Congrats, when are ya'll moving?

I have heard great things about Japan as well. You all will have great experiences there. As for the flight...well that part is always crappy. I flew here to Egypt with my two kids (7 and 3) with no help and it wasn't fun, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Just bring stuff to do. I am going to have to make the return trip with them as well. Not looking forward to that.

We are moving to Belgium! We found out last night and are so excited!:yay:

Hey there Briarmom,

I have a friend who has been in Belgium now just over 2 years. I have to say that it is a beautiful country. The houses there are really nice, and huge. You should enjoy your tour there.

Kerri

Yup...DFi is going to Lakenhealth in April. :sad1: I am secretly hoping he doesn't get them but to somewhere in the States...I can't go until we get married in Oct.

Hi,

Just want you to know that my DH is stationed at Lakenheath. We have been here almost 5 years and will be here another 3. We love it here. It is the perfect place to live and travel Europe.

Have you thought about possibly coming with your fiance. I think if you applied for a visa it would be no problem. You would just have to pay for it yourself. If you were to skip the English summer you might be in for a depressing winter since it is gray from about October-March. Summer in England is perfect. Great weather and Lakenheath is in some beautiful country.

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to send you any information you might need.

Take care,
Kerri

Just found out that my BIL, who is 19 and graduated bootcamp back in November, is being stationed to Atsugi, Japan also! Both he and my DH have to be there this June, so it will be very nice to have family stationed overseas with us :) I think I will be eating my words soon, though... haha

Hey there Briarmom,

I have a friend who has been in Belgium now just over 2 years. I have to say that it is a beautiful country. The houses there are really nice, and huge. You should enjoy your tour there.

Kerri

Thanks! I hope so!

Tina, I don't know any details but I'll fill you in when I get them.:yay:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the DIS and this thread !!!

We won't get orders until probabaly this time next year. DH is with cadet command out of Ft Jackson but we are stationed at Oklahoma State University. We are hoping and crossing fingers that we get Europe... anywhere in Europe. We had orders for Germany a few years ago and they were deleted 60 days before we were to report and replaced with orders for Stewart. He was deployed again for another year about 3 months after we got there. So when he got back from Iraq and was given this assignment we jumped on it. But now we can't wait to get back to the "real" military either, our friends think we are crazy.

Anyway, good luck to those still waiting, and for those who aren't good luck with the moves !!

Well, all of our flights have been scheduled and the movers come next week:scared1: Japan here we come!

Pooki, if you have any questions about Japan let me know. I take it that since ya'll are going to Atsugi that your husband must be an airdale?

Well, all of our flights have been scheduled and the movers come next week:scared1: Japan here we come!

Pooki, if you have any questions about Japan let me know. I take it that since ya'll are going to Atsugi that your husband must be an airdale?

Yup, DH works on the Super Hornets, so no matter where we get stationed, it will always be loud! I love it though...its the sound of security and freedom :)

I'm excited about transferring, but nervous at the same time! This is my first time transferring with DH - my parents were in the Navy, but last time we transferred I was 5, so doesn't really count in my book. DH has to turn in some paperwork regarding his dependents, then we get to go to the travel office and schedule our flights (we are going seperately). We are in the process of scheduling our move with the movers via the internet, and we finally got our passports in the mail a week ago. Earlier this week DH already got his advanced pay deposited to our account, so I moved it to our money market account to keep it out of sight, out of mind. The more and more that happens, the more real it gets!

Is this your first time to Japan, Momma? Where exactly are you being stationed? I'm excited to hear anything you have to say about it...I am just so giddy I can hardly stand it! At least I'll have someone in the same timezone as me :)

This is my first post in this forum too! :)

We are currently in Hawaii and recently received orders to San Antonio, Texas. I am excited about the change and best of all... Disneyland is on the way so we are going for 3 days in June!

P.S. We have been stationed in Europe (Germany) and Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and they are both places I would LOVE to return to one day!

We just hit the VML in January, but I don't expect anything soon. It seems like everyone is either moving right at their 3-year mark or staying past 4-5 years, depending on how well the squadron likes you. ;) When not deployed, DH is involved in a big project that won't be done until June, so I don't think the're going to be moving us till the fall or winter at the earliest. I'm OK with that - I really like where we currently live.

DH did have a chance to apply for a NATO job in Italy and I soooooo wanted that...unfortunately it didn't work out with his career plans. (I'm hoping that the position goes to a single person, one year, and will become available again next winter when DH has the schooling he wants.)

My best friend just got orders for June. :guilty: I will need a new walking buddy!

We just pcs last summer. The waiting game is awful. We are in Jacksonville Fl for three yrs at the USCG Hitrion Unit. So far dh loves his job here.

We just pcs last summer. The waiting game is awful. We are in Jacksonville Fl for three yrs at the USCG Hitrion Unit. So far dh loves his job here.

My husband is in school in Jacksonville for the next two weeks and he really likes the area. I just dont know if we could afford all of the Disney trips that we would do as "Florida residents" Hmmm might have to think that one out. :rolleyes1

My husband starts the orders roller coaster in June again. It just stresses me out just thinking about it. I really have my fingers crossed for two things. ONE-He gets shore orders. (16 years of sea duty SUCKSSSSS) and TWO-We move someplace where we can afford a home and put down some roots. :dance3:

Hi everyone.

I just now noticed this board. I know how everyone feels waiting for orders. We were waiting on the DO list to come out in December. Finally came out at the end of February and my DH was selected for Moody. We were so excited. Then, as I posted over the weekend on the community boards. we lost our orders for Moody AFB. Now the Col. is trying to find my DH another DO position since he was selected and now they have decided to give that position to a Captain. DH is in Iraq sweating all this out. It now sounds like we might be staying here at Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, TX for another 2 years. At least we will have more equity in our home and we finally have our son in a good school environment.

pixiedust: to everyone. Hope your PCS's go smooth and you get the one you want.

Haven't checked on this board in awhile!

We just PCSed about 4 weeks ago, to O'ahu. Came from Jax, Fl. Loved it there. Hope to hit Europe again next!! (we've been in Italy)

So far we love Hawaii!!

Haven't checked on this board in awhile!

We just PCSed about 4 weeks ago, to O'ahu. Came from Jax, Fl. Loved it there. Hope to hit Europe again next!! (we've been in Italy)

So far we love Hawaii!!

We were there last week! If we lived in Hono, I don't think you could get me out of the Hale Koa.

We have orders. Washington, DC.

hmph.

We were there last week! If we lived in Hono, I don't think you could get me out of the Hale Koa.

We have orders. Washington, DC.

hmph.

Have you been to DC before. We came from there 4 years ago. Cost of housing is horrible, but otherwise we loved it. I miss riding the Metro down to the National Mall and spending the day.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Have you been to DC before. We came from there 4 years ago. Cost of housing is horrible, but otherwise we loved it. I miss riding the Metro down to the National Mall and spending the day.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Thanks for the offer! I have so many questions right now that I don't even know where to start.

I've been there to visit, but never lived there.

Turns out I live in a $1.5 million house right now...I just need to move it to Alexandria! :lmao:

OMG you people are soooo lucky! We are waiting to hear about possibly pcs'ing to Kadenda AFB in Japan. But, we will not find out untill the end of May. The waiting is kiling us. We would also love anywhere in Europe or Hickam in Honolulu. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Jennifer

OMG you people are soooo lucky! We are waiting to hear about possibly pcs'ing to Kadenda AFB in Japan. But, we will not find out untill the end of May. The waiting is kiling us. We would also love anywhere in Europe or Hickam in Honolulu. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Jennifer

Tinkerbelle32, Kadena? How wonderful then I would not be the lone Diser on the island! What Career field is your DH? If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

:goodvibes Longsx3- Right now we are at McConnell AFB in Wichita, Kansas where my hubby runs the 344th Life Support Shop. How are you liking Kadena thus far, and how long have you been there? My main concern right now is bringing our family cat. I know some housing does not alllow pets. I have a gazillion questions but I will wait untill we get the orders (hopefully) before I start asking them. Thanks, Jennifer

P.S. That would be so cool though moving and already knowing someone, especially another Disney addict!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter