Countdown to PCS orders

We like it okay, we came from Ramstein so it is hard to compete. Don't worry too much about housing with Pets, only the towers limit pets and typically you can get into a different type of housing....some of which is rank dependent. I would start the FLAVN test for you cat now as to reduce the quarantine time, it will cost a few dollars but would be worth it IMO.

Feel free to Email me longsx3@aol dot com

We have our move dates now!! Its feeling more and more real that we are moving to Japan, and its kind of scary! Luckily I have a sense of adventure. This is our first PCS, so we are kind of doing this blindly. Our things will be packed on Friday, April 27, and moved the following Monday. Thats only two weeks away! DH has to be there before June 1, and me and the kids will be headed out that way sometime the end of June. We havent set up flight arrangements yet, as the travel office is waiting on a form to be processed by the powers that be, but its getting close! I have been out of town for two weeks visiting family down south before our move, and when I came back, my company already posted my job description to start looking to replace me! Was sort of sad, but I'm excited :banana:

This is my first post in this forum too! :)

We are currently in Hawaii and recently received orders to San Antonio, Texas. I am excited about the change and best of all... Disneyland is on the way so we are going for 3 days in June!

P.S. We have been stationed in Europe (Germany) and Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and they are both places I would LOVE to return to one day!

We are in San Antonio! Let me know if you have any questions!

We are in the midst of talking about where to go next...DH has a school he has to attend Jan-Apr 08 then we are leaving San Antonio.

DH and I are thinking Germany, DD8 wants HI so bad but DH and I have been there already and want to experiance something new. DD10 wants to stay stateside because of her guinea pig! But studying ballet in Europe is swaying her some!The pre teen drama is coming on strong!

Good luck to all you summer moves!

I'm checking in again.....We've finally gotten somewhat settled here in Japan. Pooki, is your husband going to be attached to the Kitty Hawk?

We have our orders to Hurlburt Fld in Fl (DH is going to be an instructor)! I can't wait, TMO comes this Thurs/Fri to pack/move our stuff and the girls, our cat and I are flying to MCO in Orlando on May 1st! After my mom picks us up she is driving us to Navarre the next morning where we already have our house rented (SOOO glad to not be in housing again LOL). Then the madness begins as we settle in LOL. DH is driving my car down after he drops us off at the airport 5/1 and then flys into Norfolk to pick up the 07 Mustang he bought before driving back up to Ft Drum. DH is not coming down until the first week of June, but I just couldn't wait any longer LOL. Fly, time, FLY!!

That's near Pensacola, right? I love that area, very country, very natural Florida. Very hurricane prone, LOL.

We are still getting settled in Pearl Harbor, I forget how long it takes. I can't decide if I want to put up pictures or not, I hate repairing the house for the moveout LOL. My house looks so boring and bland though~

Yup, its near Pensacola..actually our TMO stuff is going to PNAS instead of the air force base since our house is closer to PNAS LOL. I am not looking forward to hurricane season, but what can ya do? I am hoping we can enjoy the beach for awhile before bad weather takes over.

I'm jealous. That's a great assignment. My Dad was stationed at Eglin when I was kid. Have fun.

I am just checking in. I am so glad to hear that each of you are starting to get orders. We have to wait until June/July to even start looking at orders. It is very frustrating. On the other hand, I started working at my kids school and will have a job next school year so it is nice to have a job here. (The main goal was to pay off debt and prepare to buy a home) So each month that I work gets us in the right direction. I am hoping that we move sometime between December and March of 08. We really want to go to Fort Worth Texas. When my husband chatted with the detailor he said that so does the rest of the Navy. I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm checking in again.....We've finally gotten somewhat settled here in Japan. Pooki, is your husband going to be attached to the Kitty Hawk?

DH says yes, but apparently not for very long since it will be decommissioned soon, then he will be on the Washington, I believe.

Today the movers came and packed my belongings...I am at work now antsy to go home and see! They will be by again on Monday to ship it all off! I still dont have an actual date that we (kids and I) will be flying out to Japan because there is some form still floating around somewhere waiting to be processed, but I am planning on sometime the third week of June. And my countdown for number of work days is down to 34 :cool1: Cant wait!

DH used to be on the USS George Washington, that was our first duty station!! That was over 10 years ago, when it was in VA.

Now he's on little ships.

I bet you are SOOOOO excited to head to Japan!!! I'm dying to go overseas again after Hawaii!

DH says yes, but apparently not for very long since it will be decommissioned soon, then he will be on the Washington, I believe.

Today the movers came and packed my belongings...I am at work now antsy to go home and see! They will be by again on Monday to ship it all off! I still dont have an actual date that we (kids and I) will be flying out to Japan because there is some form still floating around somewhere waiting to be processed, but I am planning on sometime the third week of June. And my countdown for number of work days is down to 34 :cool1: Cant wait!

My husband is on the Kitty Hawk and yes, it's supposed to be decommisioned next year and the GW is taking it's place. We're waiting to see if he's going to cross deck over to the GW.

Wow, I just found this folder!!! My Hubby's is stationed at Little Creek NAB for school, we jus got PCS orders for August to MCAS Cherry Point. Right before school starts. We were in MCAGCC 29 Palms for 4 years before here. I'm so excited to get a east coast base.

Hello Hopey!! DH is stationed at Oceana (not for long though...) and he has been here for about 7 years. I have lived here since '87 since both my parents were stationed at Oceana as well. We are neighbors for now!

We have our orders to Hurlburt Fld in Fl (DH is going to be an instructor)! I can't wait, TMO comes this Thurs/Fri to pack/move our stuff and the girls, our cat and I are flying to MCO in Orlando on May 1st! After my mom picks us up she is driving us to Navarre the next morning where we already have our house rented (SOOO glad to not be in housing again LOL). Then the madness begins as we settle in LOL. DH is driving my car down after he drops us off at the airport 5/1 and then flys into Norfolk to pick up the 07 Mustang he bought before driving back up to Ft Drum. DH is not coming down until the first week of June, but I just couldn't wait any longer LOL. Fly, time, FLY!!

Awe....I am at Drum now (and have been for 6 years)! I wish I would have found the DIS before last month (and this thread earlier than yesterday, lol. That'll be a NICE weather change for you! I guess no more Squalls and blizzards for you down there!

Enjoy Florida!

Missie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter