Covid Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnygump

Earning My Ears
I spent a week at Disney World from April 28th thru May 5th with my 10 family members. Hit every park and most of the time two in one day. We arrived home late that night. By the next morning
most of us were feeling ill. Concerned, we all took Covid rapid home tests and it turns out that 5 of the 10 tested positive. I am just curious if any other of the tens of thousands that were there experienced the same situation.

We were there May 1-5 and 5 out of 5 of us got it. We all wore masks indoors and used the hand sanitizer stations but did eat indoors, All are doing well this morning, even the under 5 unvaccinated.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Nervous...I had omicron over Christmas (caught it from work...yay) after I got my boost in October. I'm hoping that and masking will help when I go down to Disney in June.

We went during President's Week and none of us got sick. We did limit our indoor eating to venues that were more open, and had space around the tables, but I have no doubt it was just up to luck. We tested our party after our return.

I was there from April 25 - May 4. I was one of very few people anywhere still wearing a mask indoors, on the plane, monorail, busses, indoor lines, etc. Only time I was indoors and didn't wear a mask was meals, and all but one sit down meal was inside. Used hand sanitizer all the time, but if you listen to the science that's not going to help you from getting Covid. It will help you keep from getting all sorts of other crud, though!

Tested twice after I got home a couple of days apart, both negative. Hoping I'm good at this point. I can tell you that I'm seeing lots of posts from people who caught Covid while at WDW recently. No offense to what anyone believes, but this pandemic is far from over, and you can't trust the positivity rates you're getting as most people testing are no longer reporting their results. Do the best you can to stay safe, and that includes wearing a good mask indoors, and wearing it properly.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Nervous...I had omicron over Christmas (caught it from work...yay) after I got my boost in October. I'm hoping that and masking will help when I go down to Disney in June.
Crossing my fingers for you that having it at Christmas will help! None of us have had covid before. All work from home and none in school yet. That's probably why all 5 of us got it.

Was there the week leading into Easter - none of us got sick.

A friend's father who was just there at end of April did get covid. I don't know the whole story there as he does live in Florida so I'm not sure you can specifically say he got sick from Disney.

We were there May 4th-10th, staying at Poly. KN-95's worn on monorail/busses, but did do indoor dining 4x and ride attractions, etc. My wife, myself and my 2 year old all tested positive - we thought it was a nasal drip from AC, however my toddler woke up with a fever on our 2nd to last afternoon and we decided to test. I was immediately positive and both my wife and son have tested positive since.

Feeling as well as possible - sore throat, headache - and children's motrin has been taking care of the 2 year old's fever, so hopefully it stays this way. Worst thing was cancelling our flight home to rent a car and drive 18 hours back to NJ to ensure we didn't infect others.

We were there May 4th-10th, staying at Poly. KN-95's worn on monorail/busses, but did do indoor dining 4x and ride attractions, etc. My wife, myself and my 2 year old all tested positive - we thought it was a nasal drip from AC, however my toddler woke up with a fever on our 2nd to last afternoon and we decided to test. I was immediately positive and both my wife and son have tested positive since.

Feeling as well as possible - sore throat, headache - and children's motrin has been taking care of the 2 year old's fever, so hopefully it stays this way. Worst thing was cancelling our flight home to rent a car and drive 18 hours back to NJ to ensure we didn't infect others.
One week out and just getting out of quarantine. I am doing well, my wife who also suffers from MS is feeling overly tired all the time. My one daughter is suffering with upper respiratory, lucky her girls and husband are fine. And the rest of the family is copping. Lucky we flew home before the symptoms set in.

i was in disney world april 28-may 5 in a group of 7. my mom and i started feeling ill on sunday may 1, my sister felt ill the day we left, my brother and hubby felt ill the day after we got home. all 7 of us tested and my father was the only one that tested negative. my mom and sister had it the worst with having a fever one day and my sister lost some of her taste. i felt like i was just super congested with a slight cough and got tired quickly. my brother and hubby both felt a little congested but that was it. my other brother tested positive but had no symptoms at all.

We were there in mid-March. We all tested negative when we got home.

I tested positive two weeks ago, after doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Probably caught it at work. It was very mild, fortunately. I think case numbers are on the upswing again, nationally, unfortunately.

Three trips to WDW during COVID:

January 2021 when masking and distancing were being heavily enforced by Disney, none of us got sick (btw, LOVED the distancing while being in line and not having people constantly bumping into you!). Did not do indoor dining. KN95s worn from leaving to returning home.

May 2021, our 2nd day there was when Disney dropped the mandatory masking. We continued to mask, did not do indoor dining. KN95's worn when waiting in lines, but taken off when walking in open areas.

January 2022. Masked in crowded areas & indoor queues. Indoor dining 2x.

Planning to leave Thursday (May 19) for long weekend trip. Notified this morning that family members at birthday party on Sunday tested positive today. I didn't go to party because I was in day 3 of a bad cold (tested neg 3x over that time for COVID) but did quarantine from rest of family with trip upcoming just in case of false negative test. Am going to test kids today, but unsure what to do regarding trip. If they test positive it likely wouldn't be until after we're in Disney.

This is where I have a dilemma. If they test positive, we're not going to the parks as I wouldn't want them to infect anyone else. Even if they don't, because we've been exposed we will wear masks as much as possible. Of course, this is where I stop and think -- am I limiting what we do to protect people who aren't vaccinated and/or taking precautions by wearing a mask? I know what I SHOULD do and that is mitigate the risk of infecting someone else. The frustration is that not everyone would do the same for us.

January 2021 when masking and distancing were being heavily enforced by Disney, none of us got sick (btw, LOVED the distancing while being in line and not having people constantly bumping into you!). Did not do indoor dining. KN95s worn from leaving to returning home.

May 2021, our 2nd day there was when Disney dropped the mandatory masking. We continued to mask, did not do indoor dining. KN95's worn when waiting in lines, but taken off when walking in open areas.

Planning to leave Thursday (May 19) for long weekend trip. Notified this morning that family members at birthday party on Sunday tested positive today. I didn't go to party because I was in day 3 of a bad cold (tested neg 3x over that time for COVID) but did quarantine from rest of family with trip upcoming just in case of false negative test. Am going to test kids today, but unsure what to do regarding trip. If they test positive it likely wouldn't be until after we're in Disney.

This is where I have a dilemma. If they test positive, we're not going to the parks as I wouldn't want them to infect anyone else. Even if they don't, because we've been exposed we will wear masks as much as possible. Of course, this is where I stop and think -- am I limiting what we do to protect people who aren't vaccinated and/or taking precautions by wearing a mask? I know what I SHOULD do and that is mitigate the risk of infecting someone else. The frustration is that not everyone would do the same for us.
No, it’s common decency if you are sick to not go out in public. What other non-sick people do has nothing to do with what your responsibilities are as a symptomatic person. Not really cool to go out sick with the excuse that “we’ll if others were doing what they needed to do it wouldn’t matter if I exposed them”.

Boy, I see a pattern. We were at WDW from April 30 to May 7. On May 8th I got a horrible sore throat. Tested on the 10th, negatived, tested again 2 days later, positive. Started antiviral meds at doctors request and took the last today.

we were at Bwv. Very little park time. Walked down to Epcot one night and rode soarin, livin land, figment. Walked to studios 2 different nights and rode zero rides. Ate at beaches & cream one night and 50s prime time one night. Those are the only culprits we see. The rest of my time we were at the pool. Every morning we wipe down the table & chairs with Lysol wipes and we keep a bottle of hand sanitizer at the table. We did not wear masks.

April 17th to 25th - all over the parks, restaurants, pools, DS, monorails, boats, etc. None of us got it, 4 people, 1 vaxxed, 2 previous cases, and 1 unvaxxed due to medical condition w/o a previous case (so all over the map immunity-wise).

Wore N95 on plane. Carried KN95 with me to parks, but only wore it if caught in indoor tight spaces with groups of people, maybe 10-15% of time. We were required to mask on transportation for first few days.

If anything, it's nice to know that in 3 trips to Disney (at various stages), you did not get sick!

I personally know more people now that got sick and all of them still wear masks and are fully vaccinated. I really don't think it matters at this point - it's just highly transmittable.

We were there May 1-15. DH had to leave the park early on the 14th, our last park day due to not feeling well. He went to CVS the next day for a PCR test. We headed home and he used one of the test kits we had there and was positive. He was really bad at hat point and was able to get the monoclonal antibody treatment that same day. The rest of us tested negative so we isolated him. By the next day I was showing symptoms and tested positive also. Got my antibody treatment that same day. The kids and grandkids are starting now with different mild symptoms of sore throats and fevers. They are just self medicating for each symptom. But pretty sure all 6 of us got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter