crowd prediction for next week?

Ronda93

DIS Veteran
We're leaving this Friday, 1/3. I'm hoping for light crowds next week as the kids go back to school, but am concerned/suprised that WDW has fireworks scheduled every night next week. We're usually there in September and would only get fireworks on a Saturday night.

What do you think?

I bet you by Sunday, the parks will really start emptying out. There may be fireworks every night, but the thing to really look at is the park hours. Mk starts closing at 7:00 on Sunday night. You should be fine. Certainly much better than the parks are today!!! I can only imagine what it's like right now!!:eek:

One of my co-workers is there right now... Christmas eve to New Year's... to me it sounded awful.

Her planning, while at a bad time of year, was great - she snagged CRT Christmas morning!

Our last trip was Jersey Week 2002 and that was enough!

We are leaving on Saturday, Jan. 4th.
I posted a question regarding which guide book is best for touring plans.
One response did mention that they went to WDW last year the first week in January. The poster stated the first few days were crowded.
I was really hoping the whole week would be low attendance!
Figment

I'll be joining you all on Sunday January 7 and staying through Sunday the 12th. Hopefully, the crowds will be light and the weather perfect! AKL here we come!

We don't arrive until the 12th, but we too are hoping for low crowds and nice weather.

Have a great trip!

Taurus,

Just a stupid question on my part. Sunday is the 5th, is that when you are arriving or are you arriving on the 7th?

Also, We will be there the 5-10 and heard that starting the night of the 10th the Marathon contestants start showing up. I heard that the crowds get up quite a bit for that next week.

Just passing one what I had heard.

Wendi

See you there.;)

We are leaving tomorrow and I see the MK park hours have been extended to ll p.m. thru the weekend.

I think that gives us a hint, LOL.

Herc.

We went in the year 2000 the first full week of January and the parks where not crowded at all. Hope it is the same for everyone going this year. It was wonderful.

If I recall correctly, there are 20,000 runners allowed for the race on Sunday the 12th.
We arrive teh 10th. Many runners are locals, or don't come in until the 11th. Although some are probably there now and will finish up their vacation right after the marathon.
We have been there for the marathon and the week after for the last two years.
2001 was not busy. 2002 was DEAD. And I mean it was almost depressingly dead!
I expect more crowds than last January. But I am anticipating it being more like 2001. (I hope. ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter