Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if it was discussed or not, but apparently Disney is accepting reservations starting June 1 and later and for people who want to change their reservations they can move them to June 1 and later.

Now that obviously doesnt mean the parks/resorts will open on that date. But perhaps its a date the higher-ups are targeting.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/coronavirus-closures-disney-resorts-bookings-june-1
This has been discussed a bit but this the point where they are accepting new reservations. So anything prior to June 1st isn’t automatically canceled just yet. Depending on how things go they could reopen in May and those already booked would be eligible to go.

This has been discussed a bit but this the point where they are accepting new reservations. So anything prior to June 1st isn’t automatically canceled just yet. Depending on how things go they could reopen in May and those already booked would be eligible to go.

They automatically canceled my 5/14 Villains tickets already. I only found out because I happened to go in to MDE and notice they had already disappeared.

I called them this morning and the CM said she didn’t think they were canceling. Then she called ticketing and found out they were already refunding those tickets.

They automatically canceled my 5/14 Villains tickets already. I only found out because I happened to go in to MDE and notice they had already disappeared.

I called them this morning and the CM said she didn’t think they were canceling. Then she called ticketing and found out they were already refunding those tickets.
Good to know. I think the special events are a little different than the vacations themselves right now. As far as I know they aren’t canceling vacations for guests until much closer to the date or the date has past. Things are constantly changing though.

My guess is if they thought they might reopen in May, they wouldn't be able to pull off the extras like the after hours events

Going way back for a bit:

What was permanently cut in Epcot (or other parks) for entertainment? Do we think those acts may someday be replaced with something different? Do we think "permanent" really just means indefinitely until Covid settles down and they'll be back? I just can't imagine World Showcase without it's acts.

Dont know if it was discussed or not, but apparently Disney is accepting reservations starting June 1 and later and for people who want to change their reservations they can move them to June 1 and later.

Now that obviously doesnt mean the parks/resorts will open on that date. But perhaps its a date the higher-ups are targeting.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/coronavirus-closures-disney-resorts-bookings-june-1

Tempting, but with Silver pass blockout on June 1, it does us no good.

At this time only special events are being cancelled and refunded automatically. Resort stays are not until the guest calls to request it or the date comes up and the cancel automatically happens and is refunded. Tickets are non refundable but being extended.

My guess is if they thought they might reopen in May, they wouldn't be able to pull off the extras like the after hours events

Some of the rumors are that whenever they do reopen, not everything will open and return to normal at once. Speculating here but I would imagine things like parades, firework shows, and certain shows will be put off for awhile due to the large crowds they attract and people being very close together.

We may see a lot more virtual queues too. And quick service restaurants may emphasize the mobile ordering they already started to do.

Going way back for a bit:

What was permanently cut in Epcot (or other parks) for entertainment? Do we think those acts may someday be replaced with something different? Do we think "permanent" really just means indefinitely until Covid settles down and they'll be back? I just can't imagine World Showcase without it's acts.
Three acts were cut, Japan drummers, UK band, and Italy juggler. I think it’s too early to know what the future holds there.

Some of the rumors are that whenever they do reopen, not everything will open and return to normal at once. Speculating here but I would imagine things like parades, firework shows, and certain shows will be put off for awhile due to the large crowds they attract and people being very close together.

We may see a lot more virtual queues too. And quick service restaurants may emphasize the mobile ordering they already started to do.
I think it was said they have the ability bandwidth to do 20 virtual queues. Not sure if that's accurate but can find out. Likely wont find out if it's in the plans or not u til theyannounce somethi g closer to reopen.

I afraid come August and into the fall, we will still be posting in this thread and seeing how naive we were in April regarding the parks opening, Unless they can come up with good anti-virals to treat. It realistically is not viable to have the parks with large crowds being open, even with virtual queues, everyone wearing a mask etc. It would start everything back over again, having to go back into safer at home and be disaster to the economy. The government at whatever level will not allow that to happen.

The Asian parks aren't even near talking about opening and they are at least two months ahead of the US. That already puts us into June.

I afraid come August and into the fall, we will still be posting in this thread and seeing how naive we were in April regarding the parks opening, Unless they can come up with good anti-virals to treat. It realistically is not viable to have the parks with large crowds being open, even with virtual queues, everyone wearing a mask etc. It would start everything back over again, having to go back into safer at home and be disaster to the economy. The government at whatever level will not allow that to happen.

The Asian parks aren't even near talking about opening and they are at least two months ahead of the US. That already puts us into June.

In what I believe is now the majority of provinces across Canada, kids aren’t going back to school this year, and we tend to go later than many states, well into June or right up until the end of June. I know there are quite a few states in the same boat. That speaks to very long closures of non essential things IMO, especially where people gather in large numbers.

I tend to agree with you, barring a major breakthrough regarding treatments or vaccines, I think this may end up going far longer than most think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter