Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any resort cancellations would have come by now right? To have people go through the hassle of booking park reservations just to cancel them, after everything else that’s gone down, would be ice cold.

Has there been any info on modifying your park reservation? It seems crazy to be locked into something like that so far out.

I've had this question myself, so I hopped on a chat to see what they said. With the usual caveat that these CM's don't always know everything, I was told "Yes, you will be able to modify your Park Choices as long as there is availability"

Just want to be sure I have this right ...

Friends are using some of our DVC points next May. They are booked at SSR.

Since they do not have tickets yet, there’s absolutely nothing they can do on Monday, correct? Presumably on June 28, they can buy their tickets and reserve parks for their May 2021 visit? Or is that still murky?

Just wanted to see if there’s been any clarification on when people staying on DVC points in 2021 will be able to purchase tickets and reserve parks too.

That seems to be correct - until they can buy tickets they can't books park reservations and if you don't already have tickets you can't get any for 2021 until June 28th and you can't get any for 2020 until "later this summer"

YC August 4th-11th. Anyone have any clue, or similar reservations, that has insight? Will we be “moved”? And, where???

That seems to be correct - until they can buy tickets they can't books park reservations and if you don't already have tickets you can't get any for 2021 until June 28th and you can't get any for 2020 until "later this summer"

I expect MK to fill up fast. I wonder what park will be the least popular.

I missed the partner hotel guests! Sorry about that. That sounds better then. I wasn’t sure how many partner hotel rooms there were. I was just thinking as a resort guest, maybe I shouldn’t be as worried as I’ve been if we have a week until the next wave books. But I agree that it seems like a loss for Disney.
No worries! I actually just plucked that estimate of 6,000 out of the air for them. No idea what their actual capacity is, or will be.
I’m also super interested to know what Disney might be offering Swan and Dolphin guests, now that they’re displaced by MLS. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them offered something at Disney, but again, more resorts need to be open.

But I still believe that where people have been transferred thus far is less about what will be open and more about resorts that use booking systems outside of MDE.

I definitely think it will change at some point. It seems to me they are trying to get a head start on 2021 Capacity as those that due purchase now...seem to need to pick park dates at the start.

I believe it’s why they are allowing those with room only already to upgrade and get tickets before they sell new packages
Sorry, I've missed a lot and am trying to catch up. They're *currently* allowing people with room-only reservations to upgrade? Or do people with room-only have to wait until Monday (or June 28?) to upgrade? Or a later date?

Our confirmation #s are 12 digits long. A phone CM told me yesterday that 12 digit confirmation # reservations cannot be modified, they have to be rebooked (9 digit can be modified). I'm not sure if this affects whether Disney will move us to a DVC or FW at no cost? (Currently at CBR 7/30-8/3). I also don't know if we even could add tickets?

Wouldn’t Disney want to skew the ratio more for onsite guess than off site instead of 50:50. They get more money from onsite guests plus they already have the money from APs who aren’t staying onsite.
You would think, but there’s no way they can do this with just DVC and FW. Those resorts don’t offer enough rooms.

Really crazy that we have such little information on what resorts will be open in the near future. So many people are going to be making reservations on Monday and their resort may not even end up being opening.

Wouldn’t Disney want to skew the ratio more for onsite guess than off site instead of 50:50. They get more money from onsite guests plus they already have the money from APs who aren’t staying onsite.
Right. Plus without a fast pass window why would you pay onsite prices? Transportation is not worth that much, especially with limited hours/late openings

I expect MK to fill up fast. I wonder what park will be the least popular.

I actually think DHS will fill the quickest as it has smaller capacity and Rise is still in demand/new, then MK

I think EPCOT will be easiest to get as not as much in demand (at least until Rat opens) and it is very large so can have a high capacity while allowing for social distancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter