Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good at least. Hopefully it's true!
Pure speculation, but I’m wondering if, with this new system, resort guests might be able to reserve their park of choice at the time of resort booking (if they have tickets or AP) That might be why it seems everyone with a current resort reservation, regardless of how far in the future it is, got that email about making reservations on Monday.

If so, I think it could really drive up Disney package sales, but man do I hope Disney IT is ready for the Monday onslaught.

I am shocked about the new virtual ques. You would think that would be the way to get people in and out the fastest. The problem now is even though you will have spacing on the que, there is still the potential for backups and people not obeying that 6 feet. should be interesting to see....

I wonder if the system couldnt handle all the attractions being a virtual que. Maybe they should of made the popular rides virtual que.

That seems to be the case. With the number of locals at DL it makes sense. It’s hard to get to Anaheim on a weekday morning during rush hour.
not sure what opening time for Disneyland is but I wouldn't want before 10 is I was driving to parks any distance. been caught in too many traffic jams during rush hour. and for those never been there worse than I 4 anytime I have been

I’m honestly shocked at no people mover. That seems like one of the easier rides to social distance and keep clean. Easier than haunted mansion at least.

I’m sorry if this has already been addressed here...I’m currently on my (non-Disney 😒) honeymoon and tried keeping up with all the posts, but have not been successful. Anyway, this is all very confusing and I’m just wondering about my own situation in particular.

I have an AP that was purchased on our trip last November. My DH’s pass expired last December and we were going to renew when we went there for our honeymoon (which was going to be this week). We currently have a reservation at Pop for this coming November. However, it is in my DH’s name and he does not have ticket.

My understanding so far (and I don’t have much of one at all!) is that we can’t make park reservations because he doesn’t have a ticket linked to our room reservation that’s in his name...but I could make park reservations for ONLY myself when they open for general public?

Also, are we SOL as far as booking trips going forward in to 2021? Because obviously I don’t need to purchase a ticket for myself since I have an AP, so we always book “room only”. It seems that will not longer be an option?

I’m sorry if this has already been addressed here...I’m currently on my (non-Disney 😒) honeymoon and tried keeping up with all the posts, but have not been successful. Anyway, this is all very confusing and I’m just wondering about my own situation in particular.

I have an AP that was purchased on our trip last November. My DH’s pass expired last December and we were going to renew when we went there for our honeymoon (which was going to be this week). We currently have a reservation at Pop for this coming November. However, it is in my DH’s name and he does not have ticket.

My understanding so far (and I don’t have much of one at all!) is that we can’t make park reservations because he doesn’t have a ticket linked to our room reservation that’s in his name...but I could make park reservations for ONLY myself when they open for general public?

Also, are we SOL as far as booking trips going forward in to 2021? Because obviously I don’t need to purchase a ticket for myself since I have an AP, so we always book “room only”. It seems that will not longer be an option?
Correct on booking parks for your November trip. Until tickets are sold again, you wouldn’t be able to book a park for your husband.

As long as you have an AP and a room reservation in 2021, you’d be able to reserve parks.

Correct on booking parks for your November trip. Until tickets are sold again, you wouldn’t be able to book a park for your husband.

As long as you have an AP and a room reservation in 2021, you’d be able to reserve parks.

Ok, thanks! So I don’t have to purchase a package with tickets just to book a room? That’s good!

You could try to call and see if they could switch the reservation in your name or at least have you down as a named guest? That way hopefully you can make reservations, followed by your husband once ticket sales open back up. If Disney can’t work at least that magic for newlyweds then all hope is surely lost. Congratulations, by the way!
There have also been some reports in this thread of one ticket vendor still selling AP, but someone else will need to chime in with the name. Sorry.

Pure speculation, but I’m wondering if, with this new system, resort guests might be able to reserve their park of choice at the time of resort booking (if they have tickets or AP) That might be why it seems everyone with a current resort reservation, regardless of how far in the future it is, got that email about making reservations on Monday.

If so, I think it could really drive up Disney package sales, but man do I hope Disney IT is ready for the Monday onslaught.

That is what the WDW website says:
If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.
Want to Book a New Vacation?
By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.

Do either of you qualify for tickets at work through your jobs? If so, it seems that you can still get an AP that way. I'd jump on it ASAP though if that is your plan before Disney closes that loophole.

I am shocked about the new virtual ques. You would think that would be the way to get people in and out the fastest. The problem now is even though you will have spacing on the que, there is still the potential for backups and people not obeying that 6 feet. should be interesting to see....

I wonder if the system couldnt handle all the attractions being a virtual que. Maybe they should of made the popular rides virtual que.

Other thing with using standby queues is that is more space for people to be.b if everything was virtual queues then you need space for people to go while waiting for their next virtual queue time

And some of the most popular rides have very long queue space, so even with social distancing I think some can hold hundreds if not thousands of people just in the queue space

Really crazy that we have such little information on what resorts will be open in the near future. So many people are going to be making reservations on Monday and their resort may not even end up being opening.
I kinda wonder if it’s b/c they’re waiting to see how many ppl cancel with the current info out now.

Do either of you qualify for tickets at work through your jobs? If so, it seems that you can still get an AP that way. I'd jump on it ASAP though if that is your plan before Disney closes that loophole.

I don’t believe so. I’m a teacher and he works for a private IT company out of Europe

Gotta be honest...any one looking to rent needs to be sure they really understand it and non refundable can really mean that. Lots of unhappy renters right now who are losing money because they don’t want to go or don’t have tickets yet and can’t book and will be getting no money back at all.
That’s messed up. If I had rented points in this environment I would have given the money back and taken the hit myself.

Despite the pictures of the live chat I posted earlier telling me that Monday was only for park reservations between opening and September 2020, I have now received an email telling me I can in fact make park reservations on Monday. So basically, I have no idea....

Husbands 🙄. Mine was like “why do we have to pay $3800 in full now NOW for a trip in April? That’s a lot of money that Disney has. We could earn interest on that money!” 😩
Mine was the same way and I agree with him!

We live fairly nearby and like to come up for a day at a time and spend a night or two so we don't have to brave the I-4 traffic the morning of/evening after. We didn't buy APs this year (and I'm pretty glad we didn't) but during all this excitement about the changes I got serious FOMO and bought us 4-day FL resident tickets from Undercover tourist a couple weeks ago--apparently just in time as they stopped selling them the next day. Yesterday I made us a bunch of Dolphin reservations as "placeholders" so we can make park reservations on Monday. Once I see what parks we can get for those dates, I'm going to try to rent DVC points instead and cancel the Dolphin reservations (I may keep one--we like the Dolphin). I'd feel like this is a little unethical except I won't be holding the reservations for long and they seem to have plenty of availability--plus we stay at the Dolphin often so they get a lot of our money.

But for now I've got a couple thousand dollars worth of Dolphin stays booked just so I can get park reservations on Monday. Now I'm watching for when they become linkable. For anyone else who's thinking about booking Swan or Dolphin before Monday do it soon--it takes up to 36 hours for the reservation to process so you can link the confirmation number to MDE.

I know someone who has a reservation at BT starting July 17 for 6 days. She bought points for her stay. She stated that she has advance park reservations for all 6 days. Has anyone else heard about this? I’m wondering if this could be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter