Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Chat w/ CM also confirmed everyone with valid park admission & resort reservation can reserve park days on 6/22 for stays through 9/2021. No way site doesn’t crash.
Also, my TA said they got was a hot mess. I’m more informed than her b/c of this thread. 😔

Has there been any info on modifying your park reservation? It seems crazy to be locked into something like that so far out.

Happy to see Rise of the Resistance, Hall of Presidents, and Festival of the Lion King survive.

But, that Hollywood Studios lineup? Woof. The lines for the rides are going to be absolutely horrible without all those shows absorbing at least some of the load.
Yes but they’ll be managing capacity via the park reservations system. I’m sure DHS will have the lowest capacity because of its size and lack of attractions.

So they don’t want ppl showing up and standing in huge crowds for RoTR before the park opens.. how is it not gonna be the same thing when the park opens now? I’m struggling to understand this..

Well capacity will be much lower and not everyone can enter the park when it opens due to timed entry. There may still be some crowding but it definitely won't be the same thing.

Well capacity will be much lower and not everyone can enter the park when it opens due to timed entry. There may still be some crowding but it definitely won't be the same thing.
I thought someone mentioned that the "timed entry" was for Disneyland's version of the park pass reservation and WDW would be just "park hours", meaning everyone has same slot of time

I haven’t seen the timed entry thing.. I thought it was said that that was just DL and they said WDW wasn’t? I’m sure I’m mistaken..

So they don’t want ppl showing up and standing in huge crowds for RoTR before the park opens.. how is it not gonna be the same thing when the park opens now? I’m struggling to understand this..
Again...assuming...and we all know what happens when you assume---but Disney probably tapering the amount of people allowed to have park reservations for HS --- I really think lower capacity is going to help with this...and wouldn't be surprised if some of these rides still will have announcements maybe with some sort of virtual cues...but who knows, time will tell

I keep contacting my TA being like “ummm, so we are at YC from Aug 4-11th. No SAB and, uh, the NBA is using it. What can we do?” She keeps saying “Disney had not made and official announcement on those things. You are currently scheduled at YC”. Yeah, ok, well, thanks......🙄🙄

I guess I confused myself with all the info and how fast things have been moving the last few days. So no timed entry at Disney World? Just at Disneyland?

I guess I confused myself with all the info and how fast things have been moving the last few days. So no timed entry at Disney World? Just at Disneyland?
That seems to be the case. With the number of locals at DL it makes sense. It’s hard to get to Anaheim on a weekday morning during rush hour.

The Waldorf Astoria has the same WDW perks as the Hilton Bonnet Creek or the three Hilton Disney Springs hotels.

It may just be me, but I’ve found it takes at least a couple days before I can link a Hilton resort confirmation number to MDE when booking the rooms directly through Hilton. Also, I still haven’t been able to link my four-month old WA reservation for October 2020. This wasn’t really a pressing concern for me until yesterday. No issues with my reservations at the other Hilton properties.

So you may have to plan on calling support if you need the reservation on MDE by Monday morning.
Thanks so much! I was trying to come up with a back up plan before the Monday Madness. I've never linked an off site hotel to MDE before. Something tells me Hilton Customer Support would just tell me "soon" you will be able to link it. 😛

As an update to this dining plan refund saga, I just got an email that a payment has been made towards my vacation (nope, didn't do that). It still shows my amount paid as double my actual package total, so I am thinking that the refund has not actually been processed. Looks like I definitely have a call with billing tomorrow.

If anyone else is still waiting on dining plan refunds you should probably call to check on things this weekend before the phone lines are disastrous for the next week.

So as another SUPER FUN update to this saga, I called billing as instructed this morning. Turns out, billing is closed. The automated message instructs you to email and to expect a longer than usual turnaround time.

So that's fun.

Just want to be sure I have this right ...

Friends are using some of our DVC points next May. They are booked at SSR.

Since they do not have tickets yet, there’s absolutely nothing they can do on Monday, correct? Presumably on June 28, they can buy their tickets and reserve parks for their May 2021 visit? Or is that still murky?

Just wanted to see if there’s been any clarification on when people staying on DVC points in 2021 will be able to purchase tickets and reserve parks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter