Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you drive up to screens, put the car in park, and while you’re paying attention to the projection screen, scare actors come out? That would make more sense. The way it was worded at first and how the teaser video explains it, it seemed like you were driving through the woods and scareactors come out and scare you while you’re driving. That just never seemed safe to me. But par for the course for florida lol. I saw a video last week of some guy holding on to the hood of a tractor trailer on the highway swaying back and forth trying to get him off and there was nothing more florida that that
Yes definitely seems safer than having people jump out at you as you drive, otherwise it would be a death trap for the actors. I would think 5+ would get run over every night.

If it weren’t for Guardians, I’d say Rat might get pushed back to 2021 at this point. Then again, they opened RotR and MMRR 3 months apart at the same park, so its not out of the realm of possibility that they do the same with EPCOT. I think if they want attendance at EPCOT and a ride that will generate a 90+ minute wait to spread out the crowd, then open Rat up in the fall.

The news about Remy seems very quiet and cold as ice these days. Epcot could use a spark for sure.

That costs money and judging from all the cuts they are doing, they aren't in a hurry to spend any.

Yeah. It seems like they are still working on things, just very slowly. Figured Disney would get a date out there at some point to get people excited again, especially if they want to attract new visitors in the Fall.

Yeah. It seems like they are still working on things, just very slowly. Figured Disney would get a date out there at some point to get people excited again, especially if they want to attract new visitors in the Fall.
I don't know. All other parks are delaying their new attractions til next season in hopes of by then things will be more normal and they can draw people back.

I don't know. All other parks are delaying their new attractions til next season in hopes of by then things will be more normal and they can draw people back.

Looks like we got MMRR in the nick of time...I missed the attraction by a couple of weeks.

Yes definitely seems safer than having people jump out at you as you drive, otherwise it would be a death trap for the actors. I would think 5+ would get run over every night.

5 would be the minimum. The blood on your windshield wouldn’t be fake

One little spark of inspiration might do the trick.

My heart wouldn’t be able to handle an EPCOT with no Figment attraction. I dont care how bad the current iteration is. Its better than nothing. I would love a complete overhaul of the attraction, as long as its still a Figment attraction. But if they get rid of it altogether for an Inside Out (a movie I love) attraction, I may never go to EPCOT again

I’d guess Rat is due to be done with construction around middle of October. Now will they open it then or delay a bit, that’s the million dollar question?

If its opening in October, we’ll hear about it soon. Could be wrong, but usually they give out opening dates of rides//lands at least 2-3 months out. Different circumstances now, but I fear with no word on an opening date that we might not see it this year. Which is fine since thats just another attraction I’ll get to ride next summer when I go down on top of Tron, and Guardians, and RotR if I strike out on a BG later this month and in October

If its opening in October, we’ll hear about it soon. Could be wrong, but usually they give out opening dates of rides//lands at least 2-3 months out. Different circumstances now, but I fear with no word on an opening date that we might not see it this year. Which is fine since thats just another attraction I’ll get to ride next summer when I go down on top of Tron, and Guardians, and RotR if I strike out on a BG later this month and in October

Memorial Day 2020 can become Memorial Day 2021 real soon...

this is an operational update for me, I just go an email from Disney reminding me of my park reservation for MK tomorrow. Never got one before

I noticed for my last 2 I've gotten one as well. And with my HS it had a reminder about boarding groups for Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter