Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article is blocked in EU, but is this purely due to not finishing testing or have they still not cleared those liens?
No I don't think so. Most parks are delaying their new rides til next year when things might be more normal. Use the new attractions to try and draw back the people that didn't go this year.

Now that the deadline to request AP refunds has arrived, I wonder when they will start selling new APs again?

With the trips I have planned, I’d still upgrade to one when I go in September. Even without park hopping I would still come out ahead.

Thanks!

I'm definitely worried about seaworld/busch. It sounds like they could desperately do with some new investors right now.
If they can pull off Halloween/Christmas events safely they will have a monopoly on that market as UO and Disney have both canceled theirs. They were able to provide much-desired Fireworks Shows where the other parks didn't so it seems they are really trying to think out of the box and make it work.

Okay:

1. You made a sarcastic comment about how the executives have obviously considered the possibility of more people cancelling due to further cut backs.
2. I replied that they were in fact caught unawares (aka had not properly considered, or had over-anticipated) with their attendance numbers. Which means that it is always within the realm of possibility they could over-anticipate demand.
3. I explained that they really shouldn't have been surprised since even before the Florida spike, surveys were showing the majority of Americans do NOT feel safe travelling or that theme parks should be open. Which would indicate attendance would be low. Also, that everyone was warned over and over that it was too soon to open and that a spike would happen sooner, than later, with things re-opening too soon. So, since the rest of Florida had already opened a few weeks previously, and it takes a few weeks for the snowball to really get rolling, they really should NOT have been surprised at the Florida spike, nor it's timing, nor the resulting low numbers. I mean, when the average person sitting at home was able to foresee the Florida spike happening, there's no excuse for a company as large as Disney not to have.

I don't think I can make it any simpler than that. 🤷‍♀️

The point is that the executives have considered all that and arrived at the decision that they made. Disney was the most cautious of the big three theme park operators in Orlando with opening back up after the shutdown. They've taken steps to make the environment as safe as possible. The stated goal from the CEO was to lose less money by having the parks open than they did by having the parks closed. They have reached that level. Disney has done what they wanted to. To keep it simple for you, Disney would be losing more money if they had kept the parks closed than they did with having them opened even with their spike. It sure seems like that worked out as the better option. Is that simple enough for you?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

If they can pull off Halloween/Christmas events safely they will have a monopoly on that market as UO and Disney have both canceled theirs. They were able to provide much-desired Fireworks Shows where the other parks didn't so it seems they are really trying to think out of the box and make it work.
View attachment 517221
This will surely be an unpopular opinion but SW Christmas is my favorite and in my opinion the best of all 3 parks. I don't count MVMCP because that's a paid event. I can see SW having a regular event other than capacity inside the theaters where they do their shows.

View attachment 517221

Busch Gardens hasn’t cancelled Hall-O-Screams. If they keep that on as planned, they’re going to make bank. When the only other game in town is a haunted drive thru that I dont see lasting more than 24 hours after scare actors getting pummeled with vehicles of scared drivers, if you want a scary halloween activity, you’ll go to Tampa. If theyre still running the event, I’m definitely heading there for a night in October

If it weren’t for Guardians, I’d say Rat might get pushed back to 2021 at this point. Then again, they opened RotR and MMRR 3 months apart at the same park, so its not out of the realm of possibility that they do the same with EPCOT. I think if they want attendance at EPCOT and a ride that will generate a 90+ minute wait to spread out the crowd, then open Rat up in the fall.

Well, we are lining up to go tomorrow to HS and DS for lunch/dinner for the first time since March 5th. So I'm going to up my percentage from 50% a few days a go to 72%. :thumbsup2

Ill be one of the 28% twice in the next 11 weeks. But I never see any of these survey’s because I’m not in the demographic that they’re setting these narrative polls up for.

Busch Gardens hasn’t cancelled Hall-O-Screams. If they keep that on as planned, they’re going to make bank. When the only other game in town is a haunted drive thru that I dont see lasting more than 24 hours after scare actors getting pummeled with vehicles of scared drivers, if you want a scary halloween activity, you’ll go to Tampa. If theyre still running the event, I’m definitely heading there for a night in October
I bought SW/BG APs when they ran their special on them. If Howl O Scream happens, we will probably take the kids in their Star Wars outfits 😂

When the only other game in town is a haunted drive thru that I dont see lasting more than 24 hours after scare actors getting pummeled with vehicles of scared drivers, if you want a scary halloween activity, you’ll go to Tampa.

I read somewhere that it is drive-in scenes.

https://attractionsmagazine.com/the-haunted-road-halloween-drive-thru-experience-coming-orlando/
Any locals looking to audition for jobs/roles:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYkg-2Rco-SvOxvH-xuq-eoWgQBBZPvqYj6zlx8IgBfUK0lA/viewform

I bought SW/BG APs when they ran their special on them. If Howl O Scream happens, we will probably take the kids in their Star Wars outfits 😂

Lol I knew Hall-O-Screams was wrong. Shows how often I’ve gone there. It just always seemed like too far of a drive to make for a night when the Disney parks were open late, HHN was going on. Now with the park hours reduced at Disney, and no HHN, theres no reason for me not to go and finally check it out, if it still happens.

So you drive up to screens, put the car in park, and while you’re paying attention to the projection screen, scare actors come out? That would make more sense. The way it was worded at first and how the teaser video explains it, it seemed like you were driving through the woods and scareactors come out and scare you while you’re driving. That just never seemed safe to me. But par for the course for florida lol. I saw a video last week of some guy holding on to the hood of a tractor trailer on the highway swaying back and forth trying to get him off and there was nothing more florida that that

I certainly respect the concern that the posters have about moving too fast or being open at all.

But man, I also want Disney to be operational after the pandemic. If they wait until there is immunity (vaccine, herd, advanced treatment), Disney might not recover. With Disneyland closed, nothing is certain right now.

I want them to tread lightly and that’s what they are doing. Hopefully minimizing losses, keeping people employed and everyone safe as much as humanly possible.

The question will be: how many rides will survive the pandemic? And how many hours will the park remain open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter