Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to make a park reservation seems on the surface to be pretty onerous, but we've been "locked in" to this level of planning for years with ADRs and FP reservations dictating months in advance what parks we visit on which days.
It's not that big of a deal. We just reserved dining for our trip in December and I had to move some park reservations around. No issues with availability at all and we're less than two months out.

Now I am all for the mask wearing and have been wearing them every where , work, home, stores etc. Just had to put that out there that this is not an anti-mask thing. But I do wish people would realize it is hard to hear sometimes between the barriers and the muffling of speech behind the masks. Its a joke in my house that I ask "what did you say?" a zillion times. So combine the plexiglass and masks, and yeah I can barely hear anything especially in a loud space! So as a result I try to talk louder in case I am muffled to others, and half the time my DD is asking me "why are you yelling?" Can't win 🤪
This is me all the time right now lol, and my daughters are always like "you don't have to yell", so I have to let them know that I actually DO have to yell if anyone is going to hear and understand me. When I was at WDW at the end of August I could rarely understand my servers at the TS restaurants. Between the mask, face shield, and back ground noise it was impossible for me. My poor DH is 80% deaf in one ear and already has a hard time, so I know I'll need to put on my listening ears for both of us come our Thanksgiving trip.

Maybe. I read there is a 14 day quarantine for US travelers. If the same rules apply to their own citizens, not sure how many of them able to come here. I‘m in NY state. I haven’t traveled to WDW because of the mandatory quarantines imposed by both governors. Many people travel for over a week from the UK, they’d need quite a bit of time off to take an extended vacation & quarantine too.

Maybe. I read there is a 14 day quarantine for US travelers. If the same rules apply to their own citizens, not sure how many of them able to come here. I‘m in NY state. I haven’t traveled to WDW because of the mandatory quarantines imposed by both governors. Many people travel for over a week from the UK, they’d need quite a bit of time off to take an extended vacation & quarantine too.

Not many people are clamoring to come to the US right now regardless of restrictions.

Early reports indicated no view obstruction was expected from this. Any first-hand experiences yet that can confirm this?

I would be interested in this as well

Though (and I recognize this is easy for me to say from 1,000 miles away) but even if it reduces the experience by 5% I think it is a trade off that is worth it if it increases capacity by 40% (just making up a number)

that's great - hope more of that comes and maybe could add to the total queue space to help spread crowds

Like, if they did something like this for the Tinkerbell and Mickey meets at MK, that is some more queue space, etc.

Not sure about this - for every new attraction comes it's associated increase in park capacity (not an increase in percentage, but an increase in what they base the 25% against).

What are the current loadings for ToT, RnR and SDD as far as how much they are filling the ride vehicles.

Also for MFSR are they just doing 1 party per flight basically?

Not sure about this - for every new attraction comes it's associated increase in park capacity (not an increase in percentage, but an increase in what they base the 25% against).

possibly, so even if that is the case that would go for the days they hit capacity - but if the crowds stay the same (even if capacity goes up) it woudl *feel* emptier if more things to do

I know we all think they are getting close to the 25% cap, and on some days definitely hitting it (particularly at DHS) but not every park/every day

Mfsr 1 party
Sdd one party per car
ToT depends on make of crowd, usually lagging back seat with a party and then front seat left and right

When we did TOT it was both sides in the back and front rows, nobody in the middle. I think the plexiglass allowed them to put two parties in the back.

Okay CSR stuff from a Facebook Group for CSR - this person is currently staying there:

Rix Bar is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner - no mobile ordering but you can go to restaurant and order to go.
No quick service or grab and go anywhere.
Gift shop open 9-9. Pool 10-10. Pool bar opens at 11, food starts at noon. No refillable mugs.

And....you can buy bottles of wine in the gift shop for your room!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter