Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I cant see this helping much.

To be safe you still need at 5 day quarantine in each direction, thats on top of the testing which iv seen suggestions will cost around £250 each test (so £2000 just for testing for family of 4).
Every little bit helps. Also helps that those traveling will be the ones with higher disposable income so more likely to pay for the more expensive hotels, dining & merch.

Re: “to be safe” quarantine -no. Unless required I doubt many of these travelers would do that.

I don’t know what’s going on in other countries, and yes some Canadians are still going to the US, but the majority of Canadians want our border to remain closed (or “closed”, in its current state of restrictions).
I noticed quite a few accents during our trip last week. I’m not trying to be ignorant, clearly someone can have an accent and live in America, but quite a few British and even Australian accents were detected which I found interesting.

Last edited:
At Coronado right now, getting pictures and streaming at 4pm. The hotel is so empty, reminds me when they reopened without the parks. I forgot how beautiful Gran destino is and the view from the Dahlia
Is the entire resort open or just the tower?

For those who’ve booked dining with a split stay under the new 60 day rule, can you still book all dining at once or is it rolling?

I cant see this helping much.

To be safe you still need at 5 day quarantine in each direction, thats on top of the testing which iv seen suggestions will cost around £250 each test (so £2000 just for testing for family of 4).

I’m in NJ and our quarantine is voluntary and I don’t know anyone that’s doing it after they return home from travel. And essential employees (healthcare, police, fire) are exempt from quarantine too.

I’m in NJ and our quarantine is voluntary and I don’t know anyone that’s doing it after they return home from travel. And essential employees (healthcare, police, fire) are exempt from quarantine too.
Unfortunately I think that's exactly what most of the travel industry expects. They know people won't obey the rules and they probably won't even pay for the testing once home. It just gives the travel industry the excuse to say they have processes in place to allow flights to resume.

I noticed quite a few accents during our trip last week. I’m not trying to be ignorant, clearly someone had have an accent and live in America, but quite a few British and even Australian accents were detected which I found interesting.
Any brits traveling to florida right now deserve medals of achievement in finding a way to get there circumventing the restrictions. And another medal in stupidity for the same reason.

It's not that big of a deal. We just reserved dining for our trip in December and I had to move some park reservations around. No issues with availability at all and we're less than two months out.

Glad to hear this. I am a DVC member who’s just starting to contemplate a trip for next fall. I was starting to worry that I wouldn’t be able to get park reservations if I didn’t buy my park passes now. I’ll have my resort booked 11 months in advance but will probably wait until spring to book plane flights and purchase AP’s if I can get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter