Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be long for the other boats. Will ride from DS to OKW for a cold one at the Gurgling suitcase if they are back by early Dec. Will be first time not staying there for awhile.
I think it’ll be longer for the DS boats. Only 2 of the 4 resorts serviced by those boats are open, and the docks at OKW and SS are so small, especially OKW. To socially distance on the dock to wait for that boat, the line would be right in the middle of the main walkway to the pool, restaurant and lobby. So I really don’t see those boats coming back any time soon.

I think it’ll be longer for the DS boats. Only 2 of the 4 resorts serviced by those boats are open, and the docks at OKW and SS are so small, especially OKW. To socially distance on the dock to wait for that boat, the line would be right in the middle of the main walkway to the pool, restaurant and lobby. So I really don’t see those boats coming back any time soon.
The OKW boat never has more than 25 people on it and I ride it alot. Easy to have 20ish people in a line socially distanced on the water side of that main walkway. Heck, there are usually people playing cornhole on that walkway it is so wide.

The OKW boat never has more than 25 people on it and I ride it alot. Easy to have 20ish people in a line socially distanced on the water side of that main walkway. Heck, there are usually people playing cornhole on that walkway it is so wide.
It is wide, but are they going to want that line there for the long amount of time it takes for the boats to arrive? I just don’t know. It’s our home resort, so we’re there a ton, and I just can’t see them wanting to bottle up that area with the socially distanced line for the boat. But hopefully I’m wrong.

I don’t think it will do much there. Most of the Skyliner traffic to DHS is from CBR and Pop.
And remember what also happens on November 1: AoA reopens. So there will be more people theoretically relying on the Skyliner for transportation to Epcot and DHS. Can't imagine it's a coincidence, given that they've been recommending YC, BCV, and BWV Guests use the Skyliner to get to DHS up to this point.

And remember what also happens on November 1: AoA reopens. So there will be more people theoretically relying on the Skyliner for transportation to Epcot and DHS. Can't imagine it's a coincidence, given that they've been recommending YC, BCV, and BWV Guests use the Skyliner to get to DHS up to this point.
Ahhh!!! And it finally makes sense 😆

That’s not what I’ve heard. Per CMs I know they’ve been telling guests to use a bus instead of the Skyliner from IG. At Boardwalk you really should just walk.

For those that need to know.... at 7:26 on a Friday night, Carpets is walk-on and they’ll let you stay on as long as you want. Until 8pm, of course.

Best part of the day... the little guy being tall enough to ride space mountain for the first time.

Worst part of the day... getting stuck in small world during a cleaning cycle.

Overall, I wouldn’t call it as busy as last year this time, but not much different than a slow January day. Except during covid the wait for the carousel really is 30 minutes and is apparently the only time my children want to ride it.

Wonder if they will do holiday decorations ... Would be kinda neat to just go over and walk down and dressed up Main St, get some photos eat a Mickey pretzel , etc

Id definitely expect decorations to be up. The picture of Elias and Co. has holiday decorations. While it costs labor to put the decorations up, the decorations themselves are sitting in a warehouse. And I would think they’d want to give guests some semblance of the holiday season when walking into the parks

I was at EPCOT today for the third time since they reopened. It was by far the most crowded I’ve seen it. I kept thinking it was really crowded, and I had to remind myself that six months ago I would have considered today’s crowds barely busy at all. On the plus side, all of the food booths were open even though it’s not the weekend, so I finally got my charcuterie from Spain (I have a weekday select AP). Social distancing was a little more difficult than on my previous trips, but I didn’t have any real problems. The line at the Les Halles was really reasonable, but some of the lines for the food booths were pretty long. I got to see the princesses in their carriage, Minnie/Mickey in their car, and Alice at the new greeting location. If anyone plans to shop in the AP pop up shop, be prepared to spend some fairly significant time. The line to get in started in Italy, and the line inside to check out was pretty impressive as well.

FriendShip boats are back Nov. 1!

Will stop at S&D, BW, YC&BC as well as Epcot and DHS.

I am SO excited about this! We arrive Nov 2nd and are staying at BWV! I'm going with my mom and uncle, who has trouble walking long distances. I'm so glad we'll have another option for getting to DHS (or at least back to BWV after DHS).

I was at EPCOT today for the third time since they reopened. It was by far the most crowded I’ve seen it. I kept thinking it was really crowded, and I had to remind myself that six months ago I would have considered today’s crowds barely busy at all. On the plus side, all of the food booths were open even though it’s not the weekend, so I finally got my charcuterie from Spain (I have a weekday select AP). Social distancing was a little more difficult than on my previous trips, but I didn’t have any real problems. The line at the Les Halles was really reasonable, but some of the lines for the food booths were pretty long. I got to see the princesses in their carriage, Minnie/Mickey in their car, and Alice at the new greeting location. If anyone plans to shop in the AP pop up shop, be prepared to spend some fairly significant time. The line to get in started in Italy, and the line inside to check out was pretty impressive as well.
I’m thinking the AP shop should be my first stop when I hit EP... although this could be a sign I have a problem...

Normal folk “what ride first?!”
Me “how do I give The Mouse more money?!”

Was just checking November hours, looks like the weekends have gotten another extension (I only checked the first two weeks). On my dates MK now closes at 9 p.m., EP at 10 p.m. (Sure wish I had an AK day for the 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. lol)

I’m thinking the AP shop should be my first stop when I hit EP... although this could be a sign I have a problem...

Normal folk “what ride first?!”
Me “how do I give The Mouse more money?!”
Normal is overrated- besides - I have had my eye on these character spatulas since September...my first line will be to get into World of Disney 534360

We've got a new record for latest MK close: 10pm. Starting December 20, MK operates from 8am to 10pm. Also DHS will see its first hours extension since the hours were cut in September: closing at 8pm again (but it will open at 9am instead of 10am) . Epcot is also seeing hours extended with a 10am opening for the first time since it reopened (and will close at 9pm). DAK will open at 7am and close at 7pm.

Interestingly enough, the hour modifications stop at NYE. Dec. 31 still has hours the originally posted hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter