• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id definitely expect decorations to be up. The picture of Elias and Co. has holiday decorations. While it costs labor to put the decorations up, the decorations themselves are sitting in a warehouse. And I would think they’d want to give guests some semblance of the holiday season when walking into the parks
I'm guessing they'll have some, but not much. We really surprised and a bit disappointed by the huge lack of Halloween decorations at WDW All they really had were the pumpkins on the light poles...no stacking pumpkins, pumpkins saying see ya real soon on the way out, scarecrowish Halloween people etc. The flowers and mickey head in front of train station weren't orange...it was kinda odd.

I'm guessing they'll have some, but not much. We really surprised and a bit disappointed by the huge lack of Halloween decorations at WDW All they really had were the pumpkins on the light poles...no stacking pumpkins, pumpkins saying see ya real soon on the way out, scarecrowish Halloween people etc. The flowers and mickey head in front of train station weren't orange...it was kinda odd.

All of 2020 has been odd.

At this point I think we need to be happy with what we are getting rather than upset about what we aren't.

"It's the little things" should take on a whole new meaning for people.

At this point I think we need to be happy with what we are getting rather than upset about what we aren't.

I think we ought to let people feel what they feel in a very strange year.

Another side to that is that with SO MUCH bad stuff happening, oftentimes the little not so great things can seem overwhelming.

I think we ought to let people feel what they feel in a very strange year.

Another side to that is that with SO MUCH bad stuff happening, oftentimes the little not so great things can seem overwhelming.

Oh everyone can feel whatever they want. We've all had our crap to deal with this year. No worries.

Just sometimes it helps to try and look at the brightside during a time like this. Especially on a Disney board. :)

(but I'm also annoyingly positive at times)

Last edited:

Well, I only had to go back one page to see someone beat me to it hours ago! Drat, I don't think I'd make a good news reporter :)
But I'm glad I looked back a tad, friendship boats are returning? Woo hoo

We've got a new record for latest MK close: 10pm. Starting December 20, MK operates from 8am to 10pm. Also DHS will see its first hours extension since the hours were cut in September: closing at 8pm again (but it will open at 9am instead of 10am) . Epcot is also seeing hours extended with a 10am opening for the first time since it reopened (and will close at 9pm). DAK will open at 7am and close at 7pm.

Interestingly enough, the hour modifications stop at NYE. Dec. 31 still has hours the originally posted hours.
I get the feeling Disney are again waiting to see what the other parks have planned for NYE before making final decisions

Normal is overrated- besides - I have had my eye on these character spatulas since September...my first line will be to get into World of Disney
We bought Lumiere and Cogsworth spatulas at the Boardwalk shop during our July/August stay (with the 30% AP discount)...they had just put them on display that day, lol. We made good use of that AP discount during our trip...yep, the mouse got plenty of money from us...but we saved so much, lol.

I get the feeling Disney are again waiting to see what the other parks have planned for NYE before making final decisions
Well we already know sea world is doing their annual nye event, 9am to midnight
Universal will not do their citywalk party but with the addition of cinematic spectacular this weekend and them extending hours to 10 pm already starting this weekend we can guarantee they'll be open late on nye

We have great fear that these “little things" will not comeback as the accountants realize we will Keep coming without them. Space Mountain no longer makes my trip memorable, sipping an afternoon tea with my wife while listening to live music at the GF did.

This is not a bag on Disney post, but I fear they will lose the older patrons who don’t rush to a ride a rope drop.

Well we already know sea world is doing their annual nye event, 9am to midnight
Universal will not do their citywalk party but with the addition of cinematic spectacular this weekend and them extending hours to 10 pm already starting this weekend we can guarantee they'll be open late on nye

Are you going to Uni tonight? Wondering if anyone is live streaming the show.

We have great fear that these “little things" will not comeback as the accountants realize we will Keep coming without them. Space Mountain no longer makes my trip memorable, sipping an afternoon tea with my wife while listening to live music at the GF did.

This is not a bag on Disney post, but I fear they will lose the older patrons who don’t rush to a ride a rope drop.

I honestly see all sides of this. Right now I would just be happy to walk down Main St and see ANY Christmas decorations, but I know that next year I would be disappointed if things weren't as grand as they've always been for the holidays. Short term vs. long term makes me nervous.

In regards to the Halloween decor, etc - that will come back. They will have parties again as they are big money makers.

I have absolutely no idea on if other things lost (orchestra) will come back. Maybe in some way, shape or form.

And my reference to little things in life was not just Disney. Right now we have no choice to but to either be mad/sad/depressed/scared (which is normal and we've all been there during this) or try and take comfort in the little things we have now, which is where my mind is currently in this phase of the pandemic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter