• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about "delivering a product".

Having too many people congregate to watch a show with the lights off is problematic right now. They could certainly kick out everyone at MK and run the show for you exclusively and make it safe, but that's not going to happen.

How is limiting attendance at fantasmic problematic? Its no different than standing in an hour long queue for the haunted mansion that stretches to country bears.

What is the incentive for bringing back nighttime shows at this point, when they are seemingly hitting their capacity limit more regularly at this point and people are coming regardless? And if nighttime entertainment brought in more full blown vacation type guests, who will fill the resorts more and be prepared to spend more, they would in turn need the ability to feed, entertain, and transport these people which would I think require an increase in non-attraction kind of capacity. Can they do this yet and if they can are they willing to?

Is there an incentive for them to do this while they are still limiting their capacity to the degree they are, and distancing to the degree they are? Does it make sense from a cost perspective? I have said this before but I think they are more than capable of figuring out safe solutions to bringing back anything they wanted to. I don’t think this is largely about safety, as in figuring out how to logistically have a nighttime show. Without money as an issue, the sky is the limit figuring out creative solutions.

What is the incentive for bringing back nighttime shows at this point, when they are seemingly hitting their capacity limit more regularly at this point and people are coming regardless? And if nighttime entertainment brought in more full blown vacation type guests, who will fill the resorts more and be prepared to spend more, they would in turn need the ability to feed, entertain, and transport these people which would I think require an increase in non-attraction kind of capacity. Can they do this yet and if they can are they willing to?

Is there an incentive for them to do this while they are still limiting their capacity to the degree they are, and distancing to the degree they are? Does it make sense from a cost perspective? I have said this before but I think they are more than capable of figuring out safe solutions to bringing back anything they wanted to. I don’t think this is largely about safety, as in figuring out how to logistically have a nighttime show. Without money as an issue, the sky is the limit figuring out creative solutions.

Yes!!!

You said it much better than I did. They can figure it out, it's just a money thing at this point. Which is what it is, but let's stop saying it's because they care about us so much. ;)

I have a feeling nighttime entertainment will be back shortly, but I don’t think it’s solely because of money that they haven’t brought it back yet. They were always going to be the last one to have fireworks again. SeaWorld has been doing it for a month or 2, UO literally just started last night. Disney will want to watch and track how UO handles it before they institute their own plan I would think. My guess is by Christmas or the President’s Day winter break there will be some form of nighttime entertainment in at least 1 of the parks.

Great point, that too...

Yeah I agree - though guess we shall see how things are after the holiday crowds pass.

One park that could use the boost is Epcot (particularly on weekdays) and is, I think, the one that can handle the crowds for the night time shows the best so if it comes I think that is where it would come first

You want to see what crowds look like? The last time I was at MK when it closed to capacity was the final night of wishes. I promise you no one was in queue for anything! That was insane. There were too many people at the gates after they shut them that they had to stop all the transportation coming in. Many people saw the final wishes from trapped on the monorail!

ahhh but we have park reservations and limited capacity now. Big difference.

Agree 100%.

What is the incentive for bringing back nighttime shows at this point, when they are seemingly hitting their capacity limit more regularly at this point and people are coming regardless?

My guess is it would be to entice more people to come so they continue to hit capacity. How many people are going to do return vacations to WDW under the current limitations in the parks? Of course there are some. But at some point, if it’s the same stuff that’s open, but longer lines, people (like myself) are going to decide it’s not worth it and to just wait. If fireworks or park hopping were back, I’d currently be down there for a 2nd time. Not that it’s the end all be all, but what they’ve got right now is a hard sell for people to make multiple trips down there. Just my opinion.

At some point they’re going to have to sell an experience for people to make future bookings as well. People not on Disney boards aren’t keen to many rumors. So if they see there’s no fireworks or park hopping, they’re not going to book a September-December 2021 trip until they know that stuff is going to be back. Even if they lose a little money in the short term, it would help them to sell packages and resorts in the long term to get the crowds back later on. I’d bet if fireworks/park hopping started in December/January that there would be far more summer bookings than there would be if those things haven’t returned.

Last edited:
The incentive is that its better to be proactive than reactive. Disney has been reactive for such a long time now when they used to be leaders.

I get why they’re reactive right now. Because they’re usually the “leaders’, they’re open to the most scrutiny. If they were the first to bring back nighttime entertainment between them and Universal, it would not have gone silently through major media as it has for universal. If they want to get hidden in the news cycle and get the night time shows back up and running, Monday Nov 3rd would be the best day to do it. I seriously doubt much of anything Disney would do that week would be a major story. But that’s not going to happen

Are mask-break zones still available at each park? If so, is there a link to their locations in each park? I forget if there is an official name for those areas. I know a while back Tomorrowland Terrace was one area for a mask break but hadn't seen/heard updates recently since their mask language changed somewhat. Thanks...

Are mask-break zones still available at each park? If so, is there a link to their locations in each park? I forget if there is an official name for those areas. I know a while back Tomorrowland Terrace was one area for a mask break but hadn't seen/heard updates recently since their mask language changed somewhat. Thanks...
Relaxation station
Mk: tomorrowland terrace, storybook circus and between frontier and adventureland
Epcot: Norway, uk, next to mission space
Dhs: batuu next to marketplace and launch bay
Ak: pizzafari and in front of the bird show in Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter