• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get why they’re reactive right now. Because they’re usually the “leaders’, they’re open to the most scrutiny. If they were the first to bring back nighttime entertainment between them and Universal, it would not have gone silently through major media as it has for universal. If they want to get hidden in the news cycle and get the night time shows back up and running, Monday Nov 3rd would be the best day to do it. I seriously doubt much of anything Disney would do that week would be a major story. But that’s not going to happen

You perception on Disney being this media magnet while Universal being some locally owned park is majorly skewed. Disney has not been a leader for some time now its not just during the pandemic.

What is the incentive for bringing back nighttime shows at this point, when they are seemingly hitting their capacity limit more regularly at this point and people are coming regardless? And if nighttime entertainment brought in more full blown vacation type guests, who will fill the resorts more and be prepared to spend more, they would in turn need the ability to feed, entertain, and transport these people which would I think require an increase in non-attraction kind of capacity. Can they do this yet and if they can are they willing to?

Is there an incentive for them to do this while they are still limiting their capacity to the degree they are, and distancing to the degree they are? Does it make sense from a cost perspective? I have said this before but I think they are more than capable of figuring out safe solutions to bringing back anything they wanted to. I don’t think this is largely about safety, as in figuring out how to logistically have a nighttime show. Without money as an issue, the sky is the limit figuring out creative solutions.
I think the only major incentive is to provide a more well rounded experience, those nighttime shows/ fireworks spread crowds so, having the same cap on people they have now, they could provide a better experience

Any word on MCO shops for the theme parks reopening? My little DS misplaced his Slitherin mask we bought back in August, and we'd like to replace it without heading over to CityWalk just to shop when we're back in a few weeks. TBH, we could all use a new house mask.

You perception on Disney being this media magnet while Universal being some locally owned park is majorly skewed. Disney has not been a leader for some time now its not just during the pandemic.

How is it majorly skewed? What major news outlet has picked up that Universal had a nighttime show brought back last night? Zero.. bagel. Zilch.

https://people.com/travel/disney-co...ting-huge-crowd-ahead-of-coronavirus-closure/
Funny how there was never any news on Universals crowds the final weekend. Being that it was St Paddy’s day weekend I assure you, they too were busy. But nothing. If you google “Universal Parks crowds before March shutdown” half the articles are about Disney. So tell me again how it’s “majorly skewed”? Enlighten me, please

How is it majorly skewed? What major news outlet has picked up that Universal had a nighttime show brought back last night? Zero.. bagel. Zilch.

https://people.com/travel/disney-co...ting-huge-crowd-ahead-of-coronavirus-closure/
Funny how there was never any news on Universals crowds the final weekend. Being that it was St Paddy’s day weekend I assure you, they too were busy. But nothing. If you google “Universal Parks crowds before March shutdown” half the articles are about Disney. So tell me again how it’s “majorly skewed”? Enlighten me, please

If there were a massive outbreak linked to Seaworld, Universal or Disney, it would be covered by the news. If there was a major incident, it would be covered by the news. Disney is not under higher scrutiny and hasnt been for many many years. All 3 are basically tied at the hip, especially with this.

If there were a massive outbreak linked to Seaworld, Universal or Disney, it would be covered by the news. If there was a major incident, it would be covered by the news. Disney is not under higher scrutiny and hasnt been for many many years. All 3 are basically tied at the hip, especially with this.

I strongly disagree that they’re all under the same scrutiny, especially when you step back from Florida news.

It was a huge point of discussion when WDW was opening back up, with a lot of people strongly against it (I’m talking in the general public and media, not our Disney bubble). I swear some people didn’t even know Universal was already open while these discussions and news stories were happening. It was always about DISNEY opening during a pandemic, in a state doing poorly no less.

Yes!!!

You said it much better than I did. They can figure it out, it's just a money thing at this point. Which is what it is, but let's stop saying it's because they care about us so much. ;)

Their reputation as a safe vacation destination has to be up there pretty high.

This next point is not directed to you, please don't take it this way...

But I wonder if the solution is complain about Disney not having nightime entertainment but then show up anyway with your vacation dollars?

Their reputation as a safe vacation destination has to be up there pretty high.

This next point is not directed to you, please don't take it this way...

But I wonder if the solution is complain about Disney not having nightime entertainment but then show up anyway with your vacation dollars?

Are resort guests really showing up yet though?

It seems like the crowds are significantly closer to the original capacity limits they had from the start of re-opening.

If that’s what you believe, you’re entitled to that opinion. It’s not true, but you’re entitled to your opinion

It seems like the crowds are significantly closer to the original capacity limits they had from the start of re-opening.

Also, wouldn't the implication then be that Disney thinks since people are coming anyways, no need to give them a nighttime show? That still speaks to it being about money, at least to me.

Relaxation station
Mk: tomorrowland terrace, storybook circus and between frontier and adventureland
Epcot: Norway, uk, next to mission space
Dhs: batuu next to marketplace and launch bay
Ak: pizzafari and in front of the bird show in Asia
Thank you!

Also, wouldn't the implication then be that Disney thinks since people are coming anyways, no need to give them a nighttime show? That still speaks to it being about money, at least to me.

We may not see eye to eye on everything, but this is not one of those things!

Im with you, when it makes sense financially, they will figure out a safe way to make it happen. If nighttime shows bring back resort guests, it’s going to have to have to be enough to make the cost of the shows and also the increased costs of hosting more “bubble” guests worth while (IMO of course). My impression is the balance between cost savings and magical Disney experience is leaning a whole lot more towards cost savings these days.

Right - it would all be about how much more revenue for how much more cost ... And part of that is additional costs if they do expand capacity they need more CMs and possibly more/different safety protocols - and just the cost of evaluating if the current protocols are sufficient, etc

And they have definitely shown they are taking things cautious and not wanting to push things just to make a little extra $

I strongly disagree that they’re all under the same scrutiny, especially when you step back from Florida news.

It was a huge point of discussion when WDW was opening back up, with a lot of people strongly against it (I’m talking in the general public and media, not our Disney bubble). I swear some people didn’t even know Universal was already open while these discussions and news stories were happening. It was always about DISNEY opening during a pandemic, in a state doing poorly no less.

The 7DMT incident happened right around the same time as the Hagrids “Please fill in all available space in the queue” incident. One of those incidents had a huge media/social media impact. It wasn’t the Hagrids incident

Disney is under higher scrutiny from everything I've seen in the media and personally. Do agree if an outbreak occurred at any of them, yes it would be covered. However, even if Disney had nothing to do with it, I bet the media would link them in somehow. Totally anecdotal, but talking to a couple of my FL friends (they don't know each other) back in August. Both were highly focused on Disney and didn't even realize Universal had been open for 4 and 8 weeks by that point (one friend I talked to before our August trip, the other after).

Friend #2 (doesn't use the internet): "I can't believe Disney World just opened, we're going to have massive outbreaks, irresponsible etc." (nothing about UO)
Me (interrupting) "I just literally came back from both WDW and UO and..."
Friend #2: "Oh. Well, that's good to hear."

It's all about perception, and IMO Disney is the company people pay way more attention to, whether it's intentional by the media or not. She had no clue WDW had strict safety measures and protocols into place (and didn't even know UO had long been open).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter