Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m married to an economist and so many want to hear from him about what this all is going to look like and he cannot provide any relevant data because nothing is comparable. All they can do is study it in real time and help allocate resources where necessary.
Yep, my boy coaches college baseball and many of his friends are minor league ciaches. Every coach, every level lost their jobs this year. All the workers too.And the players. Just amazing what the virus has caused.

I agree, but I do think bringing back Frozen was strategic since there are only two rides without any height requirement at Hollywood Studios, TSM and MMRR. Even AS2 has a (short, 35”) height requirement. I think they needed to open something there because without any shows & meet and greets, there’s not much for under the 35”/38” tall age set at HS.
I think they could bring Frozen back because the 5 actors can distance fairly easily. It seems it's more about the cast being able to stay apart rather than the audience. Most of the shows couldn't do it.

Do we know all of Voices is gone or just some? This is the first place I have seen that mentioned and VoL is supposed to have a run during the holiday at Epcot. Disney had announced that.
Same question. Surely Disney wouldn’t have made that post just a week ago when they knew this was coming, right?
I have no doubts that maybe some members of the troupe got the dreaded notice. But perhaps they’re hanging on to what small portions they can for the holidays.
Slightly off topic, but at least one vaccine company is close to interim submission. Hopefully it is effective and hopefully people take it. My wife works pharma and I’m medical. I’m in full faith lining up as soon as my group (moderate to low exposure risk in a hospital) gets the call.

Remember when Chapek said CM's were the entertainment in WDW?

Wow.

Remind me again how much of a pay cut all the executives and management are taking in all this?

Chapek also said the parks are at 25% capacity. CEOs tend to bend the truth from time to time

I am so glad we cancelled our May trip. We were planning to bring our kids and my daughters girlfriend. This would have been her first trip to WDW. I don’t want to show it to her like this - all the shows gone. We can hope that in 19 months Disney will rethink some of these decisions.

Yep, my boy coaches college baseball and many of his friends are minor league ciaches. Every coach, every level lost their jobs this year. All the workers too.And the players. Just amazing what the virus has caused.
We are in real danger of permanently losing our MiLB team, with the longest running major affiliation, due to all this. It was our best $50 a week for a family of four.

The actor that played Jack Diamond
It is with great sadness that I announce my time with Walt Disney World has come to an end...for now!!! It has been 31 years of great fun. I met my wife here and have some of the best friendships because of my gig. A 31 Year magic career in one place, not bad! I would like to thank The Walt Disney Company for all they did for us during this difficult period. I will miss the guests who always stopped by to say hello... but especially my cast mates.... my Disney family.
We had an awesome interaction with him last summer in Brown Derby. They have to bring this kinda stuff back once things are normal. This is the kinda stuff that sets wdw apart from other theme parks.

Of everything gone I’d bet the things that will either come back as is, or rethemed are

FotLK (as is)
Hoop Dee Doo (as is)
Monsters Inc (kind of hope retheme, but probably as is)
Nemo (maybe a new show, but it’s still fairly new-ish)
Green Army Men

Citizens of Hollywood could come back, but it’s probably one that will be a long time.

Most of these things involve buildings and stages that just won’t realistically go without SOMETHING for a long time. Equity is just too expensive as a luxury for a business to afford during a time of financial struggle. Give it time, entertainment will be back, it’s just not as easy or affordable as CMs

So at this point, it appears that the only MK equity performers that appear to be in the clear right now are the trolley performers and Dapper Dans? And some parade performers for the cavalcades? To our knowledge, they are safe for now?

The parks are at 25%.

Someone not on here, Twitter or Facebook I can’t remember, shared a chart showing approximately what 25% of max capacity is as a percentage of actual average daily guests. For some parks it was quite high. And then of course we have factors now like distancing and less to do that exasperates the issue.

25% under the current conditions is not going to feel empty.

I truly get the business side. I am in the process of getting a business degree right now. WDW and the Disney parks are not a normal business. I 100% grantee most if not all of us here on this board and even outside of this site visit WDW for more than just rides. There is so much more to the Disney vacation. I can go to a WDW park for hours and not ride a single attraction and be happy. I love experiencing the entertainment of all the parks. Right now these parks are just rides.

I have been called a lot of things on this website. A frequent one is a Disney defender, kool-aid drinker, pixie duster, whatever you want to call it. I will admit many times I am. I know we are in a very different position/situation right now than we are normally but it is getting harder and harder for me to defend them.

I'd be lying if I wasn't more excited for Universal right now either in November. Sure its a new to me experience but I am just not feeling the normal joy in Disney that I normally do right now.

To be fair, this has been a slow burn for years. Slow enough to keep those who truly believed in the magic on board. The mass bonfire currently happening is just a larger scale example is that it hasnt been about the cast, the guests or the pixie dust for many many years, its been about the $. Thats just more apparent now. Most executives cannot relate to the front line because their lives dont depend on working day to day. They are secure regardless of what decisions they make and if they do fail some other company will scoop them up.

Someone not on here, Twitter or Facebook I can’t remember, shared a chart showing approximately what 25% of max capacity is as a percentage of actual average daily guests. For some parks it was quite high. And then of course we have factors now like distancing and less to do that exasperates the issue.

Exactly.

The problem is, all 3 buckets have been filled in the past, and yet a couple weeks ago people said it was more crowded than it was on a weekend when all 3 buckets were filled. It could still be “25%”, just not the same “25%” it was a couple months ago. That’s all I’m saying. Moving the goalposts isn’t frowned upon when you have different attendance figures to base a percentage capacity off of

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter