• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been to Disney in July, August, and last October (that was unusually hot, right?). Even as a Canadian, I grasp how hot and unpleasant Florida summers are.

Wearing a mask in perfect conditions is not super fun. Wearing a mask in Florida in the summer would be really uncomfortable IMO. I doubt that is shocking to decision makers, just like resistance to masks in general wouldn’t be. Despite all of the valid reasons wearing a mask sucks, they are still choosing to require them to be worn. Just my opinion, but I can’t see them requiring it and then backing off quickly because of heat. They know the dates and what the weather is like in Florida and yet, here we are with required masks.

Exactly. They've made it clear masks will be required. And they won't be opening until it's already hot season. They also already made it clear and addressed that they know the summers are hot, that people aren't used to masks and it will be challenging - and they made it clear by their decision, they don't care.

Exactly. They've made it clear masks will be required. And they won't be opening until it's already hot season. They also already made it clear and addressed that they know the summers are hot, that people aren't used to masks and it will be challenging - and they made it clear by their decision, they don't care.
No I understand Disney is saying it’ll be required. I wasn’t talking about Disney. But someone posted masks will be around everywhere a while. I am saying I highly doubt they’ll last the summer here.

While I understand the stereotype, believe it or not, many parts of Canada actually have very hot, muggy weather in summer. Where I live, we often have humidity levels higher than Disney in summer. In my husband's words, our June/July trip to Disney was a "break" from the humidity here.
I know Floridians think they have heat and humidity no one can understand, but it’s not true. There has been more than once we “escaped” to Florida to get away from our oppressive heat. There’s nothing like a 110 degree day after a rainy morning. Sure, if you live where temps are moderate most of the time, and you’ve never been to FL, it can be surprising, but it only takes going once and you know.

But that could mean full training on ride operations, and a lot of food servers. My guess is the Chefs in France are still around, but all their servers And retail associates ? That’s a lot of instant manpower, which would be only temporary because they would fill it back in with international cast members? Or CP?

Just thinking that’s one area where staffing might be a bit more difficult and could be a part of the modified experience.

Ive been furloughed Since April 7th (called back this coming Monday yay) That means Ive had nothing but time to speculate and ponder all the different things that might be impacted for my July trip. Hahaha Unlike some, I’ve enjoyed all the banter and theories... this and that.

All this brought me back to the Disboards and I’m loving it. Great seeing so many old friends and already making new ones.

We won’t know until we know. And then we will know
It could be years before international CMs are back depending on the economy. Finding politicians willing to support work visas with double digit unemployment is going to be hard.

I think I read June 1st is the soonest for Dollywood. Waiting on the announcement for when and if masks required ( I agree I don't think they will), and then going to plan a summer a trip up that way and possibly late fall.
a friend who works at Dollywood is still waiting to hear when back. she is guessing June 1 at earliest

Forgive me for my ignorance... I've never been to Universal, is the City Walk area open to everyone, or do you need a park ticket to enter that area?

Forgive me for my ignorance... I've never been to Universal, is the City Walk area open to everyone, or do you need a park ticket to enter that area?
to be more precise, I wouldn't call it an outdoor mall cause there are very little stores, only 2 really that are not connected to a restaurant. It's mostly dining, with Hard Rock cafe concert hall, 2 mini golf courses, a movie theater and nightclubs. The place really comes alive at night, usually you have to pay to park before 6pm but since the theme arks are closed they are waiving the fee

I know Floridians think they have heat and humidity no one can understand, but it’s not true. There has been more than once we “escaped” to Florida to get away from our oppressive heat. There’s nothing like a 110 degree day after a rainy morning. Sure, if you live where temps are moderate most of the time, and you’ve never been to FL, it can be surprising, but it only takes going once and you know.

Exactly, I've been going to Florida every year, multiple times a year in all seasons and I can cope. It is hot, but it isn't the hottest I've ever felt.

The worst heat and humidity I've ever felt was on a trip to Bali. Bar none. Makes Florida feel like spring.

It could be years before international CMs are back depending on the economy. Finding politicians willing to support work visas with double digit unemployment is going to be hard.
They’re cultural exchange visas and they’re unlikely to be effected by the state of the economy.
Disney technically has International Programs participants scheduled to arrive in August, and they're still currently recruiting for programs later this year. For the Cultural Exchange and Academic Exchange programs, they shouldn't be affected so long as the U.S. lifts certain International travel restrictions. The Cultural Representatives might be a bit more complicated, but Disney has told the ones that had to leave back in April that they'll be reaching out to them to have them "complete" their program. I think the bigger problem for IPs and CPs will be Disney Housing; it's unclear right now if colleges and universities are going to reopen their dorms in the fall, and if they don't, I'd imagine Disney will not reopen Housing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter