• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee just gave a green light for amusement parks to open on May 22nd in TN without capacity limits. Dollywood could open then. They haven't announced they will but they can if they want. They might be the first large park to open.

Dollywood and the Smokey Mountain Park is going to be packed memorial day. No capacity restrictions in restaurants or bars either.

Oooh, I love Dollywood!! Will be interesting to see if they have operational changes. Much of their staff is older, so not sure how that will impact them. . .

I’ve been wrong twice now, maybe the 3rd time’s a charm. I think DeSantis will move to phase 2 by June1. Disney will open June 15.

The question is what will his phase 2 be vs what the task force for florida phase 2 recommendation is.....

Ive been to Disney in July, August, and last October (that was unusually hot, right?). Even as a Canadian, I grasp how hot and unpleasant Florida summers are.

Wearing a mask in perfect conditions is not super fun. Wearing a mask in Florida in the summer would be really uncomfortable IMO. I doubt that is shocking to decision makers, just like resistance to masks in general wouldn’t be. Despite all of the valid reasons wearing a mask sucks, they are still choosing to require them to be worn. Just my opinion, but I can’t see them requiring it and then backing off quickly because of heat. They know the dates and what the weather is like in Florida and yet, here we are with required masks.

I agree.

With all the talk of a likely second surge in fall/winter, I think that may also add to a likely continuing the mask requirement until they see if a second surge happens.

I think it'd be far harder for them to require masks initially, then back off, only to have to require them again and get much compliance if people know they had just been optional at some point late summer (if things start spiking a few months down the road).

I imagine they'll stick with it long enough to make sure there isn't another big spike in cases so they have coverage and the hope of not having to completely shut down the parks/resorts a second time.

Alright guys - your best guess when are parks opening ?

I don’t have an exact guess, but my opinion is not soon. If it’s summer, I think later in summer.

I also think they may have to shut down again in late fall/winter depending on what happens as more and more things open in summer and early fall and covid possibly gains steam.

I also think they may have to shut down again in late fall/winter depending on what happens as more and more things open in summer and early fall and covid possibly gains steam.

I don’t disagree. That’s why I want to go now, while I can. It’ll never be safer than it is in the very beginning of opening. Who knows what’s going to happen in the fall.

They’re cultural exchange visas and they’re unlikely to be effected by the state of the economy.

The Q1 cultural exchange visa is a work visa. There are no limits on them currently. Congress can change that anytime they chose. We are headed into an election season with double digit unemployment and saying you are creating legislation protecting American jobs for American workers will be a sound bite that sells with voters that will be hard for many politicians to pass up.

Last edited:
A bit of a check-in on this end. With our June Aulani trip seemingly kaput, I booked last week at Riviera for 7/1-7/9. Obviously, I immediately got to work on FP and ADR. Happy to report that, as of this morning, all FP and ADR are still accounted for and I was able to successfully compete online check-in. Also, to my great surprise, I was able to exchange a Tower of Terror FP for a Smuggler’s Run FP (never saw those before!). Finally, for a last minute trip, the available ADRs are fantastic; BOG, Chef Mickey’s, etc.

Fingers crossed these are meaningful and promising signs!

Long time listener, first time caller. Just want to say the mask debate is worth every penny of admission! Thanks for the entertainment! My opening prediction would be July 6th as it gives them plenty of time to see how virus data is doing and prevents a ruckus on a holiday weekend. We have a trip planned mid-july and mid-august and hoping to make it, balaclava in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter