Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is what will his phase 2 be vs what the task force for florida phase 2 recommendation is.....
Well as of Monday, May 18 Retail and Restaurants move from 25% to 50% capacity + Gyms and Fitness centers can open to reach a full Phase 1 opening status. Also Broward and Miami-Dade get to open.

Dave

No telling, but I think DeSantis wants WDW open more than WDW wants it. WDW and Universal being closed is killing the economy.

Ive gotten this impression too.

This is kind of what has happened with our opening here. A lot of places that are allowed to open are choosing to remain closed until they are comfortable opening. Places are also choosing to adhere to standards beyond what is required of them.

I think Disney has proven to be more cautious and conservative than the state requires them to be.

July 6th

ETA I do not have a trip booked this year, so no feelings tied to that date.

I think that’s the safest bet. After a big vacationing holiday, by the time they announce, they’re probably hoping most people already have plans. And it’s a Monday.

Ill say July 6th as well, if they’re not a phased opening. If they bring in certain groups first (Locals, AP only, or resort guests), I’ll say we see them starting opening towards the back half of June as a soft reopening

I don’t have an exact guess, but my opinion is not soon. If it’s summer, I think later in summer.

I also think they may have to shut down again in late fall/winter depending on what happens as more and more things open in summer and early fall and covid possibly gains steam.

If it’s bad in the winter again, and it’s a yearly issue, bad enough for them to have to close, Disney might turn into a seasonal park. I don’t think that’s really a concern

This is kind of what has happened with our opening here. A lot of places that are allowed to open are choosing to remain closed until they are comfortable opening. Places are also choosing to adhere to standards beyond what is required of them.

We're seeing this here, too. Many businesses have remained closed, or if they do open, go above and beyond requirements. Ex. One restaurant requires a temperature check before you can enter.

Alright guys - your best guess when are parks opening ?
Based on the Governor's continued optimism at every press conference and the data I've been watching for our state I'm going to guesstimate they are shooting for a June 8 opening. I do not know for whom (whether FL residents only or resort guests or DVC, etc), but I think that's their target date.

Edit: We should know if that's the case on Sunday whether CMs get called back for park positions

Exactly, I've been going to Florida every year, multiple times a year in all seasons and I can cope. It is hot, but it isn't the hottest I've ever felt.

The worst heat and humidity I've ever felt was on a trip to Bali. Bar none. Makes Florida feel like spring.
I hiked through jungle outside Hong Kong in summer. FL will never beat that 🤣

We're seeing this here, too. Many businesses have remained closed, or if they do open, go above and beyond requirements. Ex. One restaurant requires a temperature check before you can enter.
Same thing is happening here. It seems more of the national brand stores are holding back and it’s the local, smaller shops opening the second they can. Tells me that those that can financially afford it are opting for a safer opening, those that aren’t are taking their chances.

News

Well this is interesting, SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas are both prepared to open as soon as tomorrow at 25% capacity pending the Governor’s approval.

It is shoddy reporting. Opening May 16th was on the assumption that the theme park's plans submitted to the Governor on May 8th were approved. Our Governor has specifically said amusement parks are not included in businesses allowed to reopen and the parks' plans have not been approved. The Governor is supposed to give an update on Monday but the earliest I suspect Six Flags Fiesta Texas and SWSA to open is June 6th.

It is shoddy reporting. Opening May 16th was on the assumption that the theme park's plans submitted to the Governor on May 8th were approved. Our Governor has specifically said amusement parks are not included in businesses allowed to reopen and the parks' plans have not been approved. The Governor is supposed to give an update on Monday but the earliest I suspect Six Flags Fiesta Texas and SWSA to open is June 6th.
I think the tomorrow bit was a draw more than an expectation from the article. To me it shows that these parks are trying to reopen in the short term, so days-weeks not months from now, especially considering the other recent moves from SeaWorld and Six Flags. Other parks in the US are opening before the month ends.

If they have a proposal ready to go, it wasn’t going to be submitted today. Optics matter and submitting a proposal today would like like they are rushing it.
I would have thought they had it submitted before today...like hey we are ready.. you tell us when!

I think the tomorrow bit was a draw more than an expectation from the article. To me it shows that these parks are trying to reopen in the short term, so days-weeks not months from now, especially considering the other recent moves from SeaWorld and Six Flags. Other parks in the US are opening before the month ends.

Weeks from now would be June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter