Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will of course deny and object, but this post of yours to paraphrase it sure sounded like you were suggesting that Florida people's jobs depends on people going so if people are willing to risk going out for groceries then they should go to theme parks as well. That's how it read to me considering you posted it in response to lack of demand right now.
That’s a fact. They do. I’m not guilting people into going though. Everyone can and will do what they want. WDW employs over 75,000 people.

I am not trying to be harsh but if you aren’t willing to trust them and take them at their word that they are operating at a reduced capacity that they deemed safe then maybe you need to just not go. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They are never going to provide the kind of info you are asking for no matter how much we go back and forth about it here.

Okay let me ask this....have you been to a grocery store/superstore and seen them *say* there is a capacity and yet they never seem to reach said capacity? It always seems to be status quo in the store as far as crowds. So, I don't know what reduced capacity you are using, store whose name sounds like Dolltart, but it looks like a regular day in here.

Have you been in a restaurant that had the "limit" posted on the door, and then you walk in the door and clearly, clearly, they are exceeding said limit? (Side note: had one restaurant near me at 50%, but they actually shut down half their dining room, and crammed their 50% capacity in 50% of the restaurant, so it was essentially wall-to-wall in there. Morons.)

My point is...it's nothing against Disney. But, you can see why I would not be at all surprised for a major corporation with much, much, much more money on the line to do what many of the lower level businesses have been doing nationwide. (Fudging/ignoring capacity)

I know. Step out of this thread and opinions are very different elsewhere.

I meant to look back at some live streaming earlier as I was wondering if many kids were in the park. If there isn't it would back up the opinion that its mainly vloggers/CMs and local APs in the parks to me rather than families on vacation.
This whole thread is about theme park operations on a Disney forum with mega Disney fans? What exactly do you expect? This is bordering on trolling at this point.

You responded talking about jobs.

The parks are open and there is no evidence of them re-closing soon. Should they be open? Who knows. Do CMs need work? Yes. Is attendance and demand good? No. What more are you looking for exactly?
No I didn't. The original post I replied to was about risk of doing things.

I then quoted your post where for some reason you felt the need to mention how Floridas tourist industry is impacted by lack of demand from people not wanting to go.

Examples? As @CastAStone pointed out MK was a 2 out of 10 from Touring Plans. That certainly isn’t high demand.

I'm referring to Epcot specifically, as there were a few reports who knows how many pages ago from posters that Epcot seemed crowded. One said it seemed like a normal FW Festival Saturday.

Also, I watched a Michael Kay video where Epcot looked busy, and that wasn't even from this weekend, so if this weekend was busier than that video...then it was probably pretty busy.

I know. Step out of this thread and opinions are very different elsewhere.

I meant to look back at some live streaming earlier as I was wondering if many kids were in the park. If there isn't it would back up the opinion that its mainly vloggers/CMs and local APs in the parks to me rather than families on vacation.
There were definitely kids last week. Stroller parking was relatively empty, but idk if it just matched the lower park attendance. Obv hard to know if the kids in the parks are local, but for what it's worth, we did see kids at CBR (presumably mostly non-local?).

I'm referring to Epcot specifically, as there were a few reports who knows how many pages ago from posters that Epcot seemed crowded. One said it seemed like a normal FW Festival Saturday.

Also, I watched a Michael Kay video where Epcot looked busy, and that wasn't even from this weekend, so if this weekend was busier than that video...then it was probably pretty busy.
I must’ve missed that then.

It’s a Saturday in the summer. Locals are there and some can only get Epcot as their park for a weekend day. School in Orange County starts tomorrow, so this was a last hurrah weekend for a lot of people. But again I ask, what does the actual number matter? If you knew the cap number for each park would that make you feel better? Would you know how close to that cap the parks are on any given day? It wouldn’t make any difference. You’d still have to trust Disney that they were abiding by the cap even if you had that magical number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter