Cruise's (Chris) Accountability/Sap Journal :) (comments welcome)

:cheer2: Chris, congrats on the hard work you've been doing. You've already lost over 5lbs for the month of July!! Keep it up! :cheer2: Those 5lb monthly challenges really help.

I hear ya about those bagel bites & pizza! We used to order a pizza in every week and now its every once in awhile because once I get my hands on a pizza I won't stop!

I've been drinking lots of water for several years now. I'd forgotten about the adverse reaction. It no longer bothers me but I've been a water drinker for a long time. I absolutely crave it. Today when I was out shopping I got so thirsty. I thought about getting a lemonade but realized only water would do. I even take a full glass of water to bed with me at night. When mom and I went out for lunch today, I gave her a hard time because I drank all of my water and my mom had only taken a few sips. At that time she said to me she wouldn't drink it because it would make her have to go to the bathroom. Until I read your journal I'd forgotten about those wonderful, old days of adjusting to increased water intake. You're doing great!

Hi Chris!

You are off to a wonderful start! :moped: Keep up the good work!!! :cheer2:

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel much better today. :goodvibes

Have a happy and healthy day! :flower:

Well, this morning I woke up and my throat was still sore and when I just talked to a staff member I had a "male" throat (that's what my dd use to say to me - mom you sound like a man), it's deep and my sinuses are hurting a bit. Looks like a run to WalMart at lunchtime is on my docket - I was out of decongestant last night. Drinking is helping me with my throat so I'm trying to drink, drink, drink this morning.

I stepped on the scale this morning and to my surprise I was down another 2 pounds. Definitely a surprise. I figured with the pizza I would have gained at least 2. I really watched while I was eating and dh said I ate equivalent to 3 pieces or 1/3 of the pizza. The funny thing - it tasted okay but wasn't great. Maybe it was because I wasn't able to sit and enjoy it. I did dh last night that because we will be ordering smaller pizzas now our pizza bills should decrease tremendously!!!!! He was happy about that.

I also got a very good nights sleep last night because I was so drained from whatever has gotten me. You know that achy feel you get when you have the flu - that's how I was, just needed to lay down and once I did I was out. Didn't get up once to go to the bathroom - must mean drinking earlier in the day was a good move!!!!!

Don't know yet if I'll go workout tonight. If I'm feeling icky before leaving work I'm not going. I can't workout when I'm feeling this icky - it's just very hard for me when I can't swallow right. We'll see. I'm really sleepy this morning and just feel out of it.

Monie, Monie is playing on the radio right now and that's one of our workout songs - do you ever find yourself sitting and doing the moves when you hear a song you workout too??? Weird - I know :)

Hope you all have a good day. I'll report back later tonight!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Congrats on the weight loss! :cheer2:

You are doing great.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Have a great, healthy day!

Hi Chris

FIRST thanks soooo much for posting in my journal...

second...i wanted to drop in and give you some encouragement! :teeth: For me this LIFESTYLE change has been LIFE ALTERING indeed! before May 19th, I drank lots of coke, and coffee, ate red meat like it was going out of style, and snacks GALORE!...how, I no longer drink any soda/coffee (not even diet/decaf), I ONLY eat chicken/turkey/fish...and snacks are EXTREMELY minimal. But I feel GREAT! I just had to find the 'balance' that worked for me...

It's taken some ADJUSTMENT time, but my body is thanking me with WEIGHT LOSS, and overall 'feel good' vibes!!! :)

Here's hoping you can find your own 'balance' whatever that may be, and stick with it for a healthier YOU!!! I'm rooting for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :)

HUGS,
Jen :fish: ;) PS: congrats on the weight loss to date! :)

Wow, you are doing great!! You must be so proud of yourself. If you need to take a break from working out, do it - your body is telling you it needs a rest. It's OK to skip a day or two as long as you get back to it as soon as you feel better! Maybe just take a short walk instead of Jazzercise to squeeze a little movement in? Whatever your body will let you do! :flower:

Don't you just love those 100 calorie packs? I know I do! In fact, I am going to get a Costco card just to get those in bulk. :blush:

Okay - so I just have to tell you what kind of a dufus I am - this is what I get for getting up late today, I have no idea what I was thinking when I set the alarm.

Oh by the way, it's raining :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I left the house today without:
a spoon for my yogurt - ate it with a fork (do you know how hard that is to do!!!!)
a sharp knife to cut my tomato and no plate to cut it on (so it's going back home with me today)
my 100 calorie snack that I am becoming addicted to (I have a bag of 94% fat free micro popcorn and lots of veggies just in case)

I can't believe that. So I do have another yogurt to eat before I leave today so I have something in my stomach before I workout since I won't get to eat until after 7.

Okay and now I have a question - the last two days I have had some serious diarrhea (sorry to be so descriptive or TMI). I'm thinking it's possible that I might have a little stomach bug going on or it's this virus whatever that is making it's way out of me. But is it possible that the tomatoes might be doing this to me? I've really been eating a lot of them because, well, I like them. I've also really increased my veggie input too which I know can do some damage until my stomach gets use to it (that's why I have to have some type of dip or something with it). I'm thinking I really need to head home today to be closer to a bathroom. It's really cringing on my excitement to go work out tonight. But I wasn't sure if I'm starting to have some adverse effect on some of the stuff I'm eating and that's it just my body adjusting.

Thanks and again, sorry for TMI.

Your body might be adjusting, especially if you were not used to eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies before. Have you been eating a lot of fiber and whole grains as well? It could be a bug - like a mini-flu since you haven't been feeling well. It's your body's way of flushing out stuff that shouldn't be in there... Be sure to drink lots of water to make up for it and if it doesn't get better in a couple days, I'd call the Dr.

Hope you are back to your regular self soon!

I have increased my fiber because I usually don't eat bread and I'm eating 2 pieces each day for lunch with my sandwich and when I don't have a sandwich on the weekends I'll have 2 pieces of toast. It's the Wonder Light Wheat and I'm pretty sure it has 2-3 grams of fiber, if not more. Plus the fiber in the veggies.

So here's what I've eaten so far today - I guess I need to eat some more.

breakfast strawberry fruit and oatmeal bar 1 cup grapes

snack 1 light string cheese

lunch ham sandwich on light bread with romaine 1 TBSP fat free mayo
fat free yogurt

snack 18 baby carrots
2 stalks celery
2 TBSP light dip
Chewy granola bar - choco chip fat free yogurt

I'm currently sitting at:
796 calories, 11.4 fat grams, 157.2 carbs

I know what I'm having for dinner for the main dish and it doesn't have many carbs but has 19 grams of fat. Outside of that main dish I don't know what we're having. But I'm working out before dinner so that will help me with what I've eaten today.

The one thing that I can't get over is how many carbs are in fruits - it just floors me. Oh well, gotta have 'em for a healthy body!!!!

Everyone have a good night. Storming here right now - finally - but it's a hard rain. Just hopes it sinks in some.

:banana: :banana:

Updating to include dinner and snack for tonight. We had ham steaks and chicken flavored rice (I'm starting to get tired of rice - we've had a lot lately because it fills me up). I'm going to have a half a cup of Blue Bunny Frozen Yogurt - Chocolate Brownie (or something like that). It's really good and no fat.

So I'm ending my day with 60 minutes at Jazzercise (and I really pushed it tonight because I was feeling pretty good - I've noticed I've started putting more bounce into steps that I couldn't bounce at 19 days ago!!!!!!) and my dinner and night snack. Ending with:
1341 calories, 47.4 fat, 231.2 carbs and I drank 100 ounces of water

We are going camping tomorrow for the weekend. I don't know if I'll get on at all during the weekend as we do have to come home for a while on Saturday because my husband has to meet a client that he is doing some consulting on and I'm going to come home with him so I can go workout. We do plan on taking at least one walk on Friday - it's going to depend on how bad the heat and humidity are because my lungs can't take too much action when it's really bad. Might have to use my inhaler - we'll see.

If I don't see you - everyone have an AWESOME weekend!!!! And...

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Thanks for your support!!!!

Hi there,

I just wanted to thank you for the post in my journal.

You are doing an incredible job. As for the diarrhea, it could be related to the increase fiber. Also keep in mind that tomatoes are high in acid, so tons of them could cause diarrhea. If you keep from getting dehydrated, it should pass.

Have a great camping weekend,
Beth

Sorry I haven't posted Chris, we've been in MI for 2 days (mini-DIS meet). :teeth:

You're doing great! :cheer2: Onward and Downward! :teeth: Sounds like you're handling Britt's absence pretty good, keep up the good work. She'll be back before you know it, and you'll both be lighter!!! :sunny: :goodvibes Have a great time this weekend, tell Mike I said Hi. :wave: Hope to see ya all very soon at an Illinois meet. :grouphug:

Weigh to Go!!! :banana: :cool1:

Chris,
Thanks for visiting my journal. I figured I'd say hi in yours. It sounds like you are doing a great job of staying on plan and your dedication to exercise is awesome. I hope you have great weather for your camping trip this weekend. Keep up the good work.

Sorry about the diarhhea! I agree with Strings about the fiber and tomatoes and agree that you should definitely drink a lot of water and stay hydrated to help balance it all out!

You are still doing great! Have fun camping!

Hi!

Just stopping by to see how you're doing. Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend!!

Hey- hope you feel better and have a great time camping.

One thing I learned when I did the South Beach was the tell the difference between good carbs and bad carbs. Even though fruit is high in natural sugars, it also has fiber so you're body works harder to break it down, meaning less of it gets stored where you don't want it. White bread, on the other hand, has no fiber so you're body has to do almost nothing to process it, so it's like refined sugar. So fruit...by far the better choice.

Have a great day :)

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi! I hope you are feeling better and have a great time camping.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great!!!!

Chris you're doing an awesome job! Your jazzercize workouts are amazing. Congrats & getting feeling better. :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter