date "no longer available"?

jenbadeaux

Mouseketeer
I called the moment the ABD office opened to book Quest for the West for july 26-aug 1,2009 and was told that date was no longer available this morning. I am quite confused since I had to be the first call of her day on the brand new rates and dates for 09. Her explanation is that sometimes groups want to travel together on certain dates and it may have been requested for a group. Does this mean a t.a. booked it before it opened to the general public? I am confused. She wait listed me for that week, but I'm telling you I repeat dialed until the recording switched from we are not opened to press 1 to book your adventure. And this is day 1 moment 1 that you can book. How did I miss out?? Thoughts, insights, anyone??

I called the moment the ABD office opened to book Quest for the West for july 26-aug 1,2009 and was told that date was no longer available this morning. I am quite confused since I had to be the first call of her day on the brand new rates and dates for 09. Her explanation is that sometimes groups want to travel together on certain dates and it may have been requested for a group. Does this mean a t.a. booked it before it opened to the general public? I am confused. She wait listed me for that week, but I'm telling you I repeat dialed until the recording switched from we are not opened to press 1 to book your adventure. And this is day 1 moment 1 that you can book. How did I miss out?? Thoughts, insights, anyone??

It may possibly be a date where a travel agent has the whole group exclusively for him or her. I've had the June 5, 2009, Bella Italia for a while now because there are about 26 of us so far ready to book. Even though it's in the brochure, if you call for that date it won't be available to the general public.

Sorry that happened to you! Is there no other date that would work for you?

Dotti

Dotti, as always, you are a wealth of information. I really liked that week because it was a Sunday through a Saturday, which is much easier to coordinate with my 4 kids schedules than a mid-week to mid-week itinerary. We can only go the last 2 weeks in July due to my husband's work and the kids activities. Anyway, I chose another date July 23-29(Thursday-Wednesday), which will just have to do, but ABD is having trouble with their computers and said they would have to call me back to do the actual booking. So here I wait. We leave tomorrow for our first ABD, Southwest Splendors. Hope it will be as great as everyone's trip report says. Rain is in the forecast--that has me quite nervous. We shall see!

We leave tomorrow for our first ABD, Southwest Splendors. Hope it will be as great as everyone's trip report says.
It's fabulous! And even looking at the new itineraries, I still think it's the best one in ABD's catatlog. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Sayhello

Does anyone know...if a travel agent books an entire group like that, when you book through that TA will you get a "group discount" because they bought out all 40 trips?

There is a group going on those dates. I know someone going on it during that week and some of the people in the group he's going with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter