DaveInTN’s Off-Site, Off-Topic, Off His Rocker Trip Report (Updated w/FINAL DAY)

I'm enjoying your report!!! I can't wait to get home and actually get to see the pictures... stupid work computer...

I can't wait to read about your *favorite* princess...

:banana:

Sunday, October 17th

We’ve reached that point in the trip report where my childish side will come out. WARNING to those that don’t enjoy discussions about bodily functions: skip ahead to the section titled “Hollywood Studios”.

Ok, with that said, let’s take a brief refresher on the previous evening. We arrived at Disney and enjoyed our first dinner at ‘Ohana. As in, the “all you care to enjoy” restaurant at the Poly serving various Asian specialties and large volumes of grilled meats.

Any of you that know me, or have read my trip reports before, knows that I enjoy food. And Saturday night was no exception. I ate bread, salad, potstickers, wings, noodles, steak, chicken, pork, shrimp and banana bread pudding. And I had seconds of most items. All this after sitting in a car for the better part of two days. :scared1:

So Sunday morning, I woke up with a bit of….well, let’s call it “gas”. :eek: Actually, it was a lot of gas. And every time some “escaped”, I’d say in an Asian accent “Ohhhhh-HANA!”. Kind of like Mr. Miyagi was saying it to the Karate Kid. A long “Ohhhhhhh” followed by a strong accent on the “HANA!”.

Everyone say it with me. “Ohhhhhh-HANA!”.

Good. Now, it got to be a joke with the family. Any time one of the kids would let one rip, they’d say “Ohhhh-HANA!”. It was especially funny when DD4 would come out with an “Ohhhhh-HANA!”. We’d know it was time to leave the room. Ah, good times.

But the kicker was Sunday evening. We were at the Fort, and the family had gone inside the Settlement TP while I used the restroom. I made my grand entrance into the trading post by exclaiming to my wife “Ohhhhh-HANA!”. A guy was standing there and he replied “I’ve been there!”. We burst out laughing. :rotfl: Poor guy. If he only knew. But maybe he reads the DIS, and maybe he now knows why we were laughing.

Or, it’s possible he was in that restroom with me and really DID know what I was talking about! :rolleyes1 And then, I guess the joke would be on me.

Sorry, no pics to share with this post. But I doubt you’d want to see them anyways. :3dglasses

Coming up…Hollywood Studios…and a visit with Tom on Jackwagon Run!

Sunday, October 17th

We’ve reached that point in the trip report where my childish side will come out. WARNING to those that don’t enjoy discussions about bodily functions: skip ahead to the section titled “Hollywood Studios”.

Ok, with that said, let’s take a brief refresher on the previous evening. We arrived at Disney and enjoyed our first dinner at ‘Ohana. As in, the “all you care to enjoy” restaurant at the Poly serving various Asian specialties and large volumes of grilled meats.

Any of you that know me, or have read my trip reports before, knows that I enjoy food. And Saturday night was no exception. I ate bread, salad, potstickers, wings, noodles, steak, chicken, pork, shrimp and banana bread pudding. And I had seconds of most items. All this after sitting in a car for the better part of two days. :scared1:

So Sunday morning, I woke up with a bit of….well, let’s call it “gas”. :eek: Actually, it was a lot of gas. And every time some “escaped”, I’d say in an Asian accent “Ohhhhh-HANA!”. Kind of like Mr. Miyagi was saying it to the Karate Kid. A long “Ohhhhhhh” followed by a strong accent on the “HANA!”.

Good. Now, it got to be a joke with the family. Any time one of the kids would let one rip, they’d say “Ohhhh-HANA!”. It was especially funny when DD4 would come out with an “Ohhhhh-HANA!”. We’d know it was time to leave the room. Ah, good times.

But the kicker was Sunday evening. We were at the Fort, and the family had gone inside the Settlement TP while I used the restroom. I made my grand entrance into the trading post by exclaiming to my wife “Ohhhhh-HANA!”. A guy was standing there and he replied “I’ve been there!”. We burst out laughing. :rotfl: Poor guy. If he only knew. But maybe he reads the DIS, and maybe he now knows why we were laughing.

Or, it’s possible he was in that restroom with me and really DID know what I was talking about! :rolleyes1 And then, I guess the joke would be on me.

Sorry, no pics to share with this post. But I doubt you’d want to see them anyways. :3dglasses

That was great! It sounds like my husband!!!

Sunday, October 17th

WHAT!!! :scared1:

No pictures! :rotfl:

Oh well I guess that's ok now that I think about it. BTW - in our household it is "TURBO!!!" As if "giving it a bit of gas" will make you go faster...;)

Sunday, October 17th (cont)

Ok, moving this report back into something relevant…a trip to Hollywood Studios! After the air in the rental house became unbearable, we loaded up the van for the short drive to HS. We parked and were inside the park not long after rope drop. I, along with DD10 and DD4, took off for TSM to grab fastpasses while DW and DD14 and DD13 went to ride ToT. It was DW’s first Tower ride…and she liked it! Afterward, DD14 and I rode RRC. :eek:

DSCF3682.jpg

DSCF3683.jpg

We then all met up and went to do the backstage show. We were in the front of the line and a CM asked if anyone was interested in being in the show. DW grabbed my wrist and put my arm up…with the help of my daughters. So, I was picked and brought inside to get ready for my big turn at stardom. :cool2:

DSCF3690.jpg

DSCF3691.jpg

I played the part of the guy that gets hit with 500 gallons of water. :scared1:

DSCF3694.jpg

500 gallons is a LOT of water!

And those blue suits don’t do much to keep you dry. My back was SOAKED! But it was fun, and my girls got a kick out of my over-the-top acting style.

Let’s just say I don’t have a career in film.

After the show, we walked over to 50’s PTC for our lunch ADR. For some reason, I didn’t take pics of this meal. I know…not like me. But I’ll tell you we shared our traditional appetizer at 50’s; the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake. Awesome! And our meals were good as always. This is one of the must-do restaurants on every trip for us. :thumbsup2

Afterward, we wandered a bit more, and still had some time to kill before our TSM FP. So, we settled into some benches and got a snack.

DSCF3699.jpg

The kids had some cotton candy.

DSCF3698.jpg

And I got something that Jim recommended. No, I didn’t throw some meat on the grill and have a kungaloosh. I got the carrot cake cookie. :yay:

DSCF3696.jpg

And I loved it. I have yet another new tradition for future trips.

We then rode TSM.

DSCF3702.jpg

And went back to the house for some rest and a swim before we were scheduled to head to the Fort to visit with some Fiends! :woohoo::woohoo:

DSCF3703.jpg

We hit the WL for a quick bite at Roaring Forks, then hopped a boat to the Fort to meet up with des1954 (aka Debbie aka the Otter Spotter!) and stacktester (aka Donnie aka the Fort Mayor!). We had a great visit on the porch at Crocketts…although we had to shoo the kids away to the playground. They were hanging on Donnie’s every word as he regaled us with tales of his many years of service to the Fort. :rotfl2:

We then strolled around to look at some of the great Halloween light displays. Our journeys took us to the 400 loop…the newly christened “Jackwagon Run”. We took in the famous Thriller display, and then decided to pay a visit to Tom Foolery. :3dglasses I don’t know if it was the beer, or the great happiness from being back in the Fort, or the wonderful company we shared that evening, but something came over me. My generous side emerged, and I decided to take out the checkbook and write a large donation to TFMCOBACLR….or, The Fort Mayor’s Council on Beautification and Clothes Line Removal. Here is a pic of the mayor accepting my donation.

DSCF3705.jpg

And with that, our evening was complete. We hopped the bus back to the WL where our van awaited. We went home for some much needed sleep. But before that….wait for it……Ohhhhh-HANA!

Ah, that’s better.

Coming up, Animal Kingdom and more Magic Kingdom!

Sunday, October 17th (cont)

Afterward, DD14 and I rode RRC. :eek:

DSCF3682.jpg

DSCF3683.jpg

We then all met up and went to do the backstage show. We were in the front of the line and a CM asked if anyone was interested in being in the show. DW grabbed my wrist and put my arm up…with the help of my daughters. So, I was picked and brought inside to get ready for my big turn at stardom. :cool2:

DSCF3690.jpg

DSCF3691.jpg

I played the part of the guy that gets hit with 500 gallons of water. :scared1:

DSCF3694.jpg

500 gallons is a LOT of water!

And those blue suits don’t do much to keep you dry. My back was SOAKED! But it was fun, and my girls got a kick out of my over-the-top acting style.

Let’s just say I don’t have a career in film.

RRC is just a great ride. My DS8 can't wait to try it out.

Great pictures of the backstage show. Pretty cool.

Keep it up!

popcorn::

Great Studio update. Love the girls eating the cotton candy -- too cute (although I don't know how anyone can eat that stuff).

Great job on getting the "wettest" acting gig. Last year our oldest son (he was 23 at that time) went with the 13-year old baseball team he coaches and he got picked to be in the show (in all the years we went as a family none of us were ever picked). Luckily, he was one of the ones on the boat and didn't get that wet.

Okay, I'm home and all caught up! LOVE your pics!!! Your DD10 looks just like my neice and your wife looks a lot like my cousin - maybe we're related...

Anyhoo - this is a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your trip! Your girls are all beautiful!

:yay: for "volunteering" to be in the backstage show! :woohoo:
Very well done, girls! :lmao:

What a fun update. Your girls look so cute with their cotton candy! And you got a lot done while you were at the Studios.
I loved the fact that you visited the Fort! :thumbsup2 We have never stayed there, but have gone over to visit a few times now. It feels so laid back. :goodvibes

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Thanks for the contribution Dave. I'll be sure to apply it to my site fees this weekend. I mean errrr the clothesline clean up fund. I'll use it to buy razor knives to cut those pesky tree killers down. I'm thinking some of it will go to gas for my cart and maybe some Kungaloosh ingredients.

Just got caught up and love the TR so far. I should have bought a full sized van for our tow vehicle, that looks like a lot of room for the kids to fight in on the way down:rotfl2:.

I also like the floor plan of the trailer.

My family feels the same about 50's PTC, we always have a great meal there.
I wish I were there today.

RRC is just a great ride. My DS8 can't wait to try it out.

Great pictures of the backstage show. Pretty cool.

Keep it up!

popcorn::
Thanks!

Great Studio update. Love the girls eating the cotton candy -- too cute (although I don't know how anyone can eat that stuff).
I don't either...it's not my thing, but a couple of my girls LOVE the stuff.

Mmmmmm.... carrot cake cookie!! :goodvibes
Oh yeah! I can't believe I never knew about those things until now.

Okay, I'm home and all caught up! LOVE your pics!!! Your DD10 looks just like my neice and your wife looks a lot like my cousin - maybe we're related...

Anyhoo - this is a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your trip! Your girls are all beautiful!
Thank you! Glad you are reading along.

Loving the trip report! Beautiful family!
Thanks YG!

:yay: for "volunteering" to be in the backstage show! :woohoo:
Very well done, girls! :lmao:
Someday, somehow, I will get even. :rotfl:

Thanks for the contribution Dave. I'll be sure to apply it to my site fees this weekend. I mean errrr the clothesline clean up fund. I'll use it to buy razor knives to cut those pesky tree killers down. I'm thinking some of it will go to gas for my cart and maybe some Kungaloosh ingredients.
Typical politician.

So if you use political contributions for kungaloosh supplies....does that make it a "slush fund"? :confused3

Just got caught up and love the TR so far. I should have bought a full sized van for our tow vehicle, that looks like a lot of room for the kids to fight in on the way down:rotfl2:.

I also like the floor plan of the trailer.
Dan, we love the big van. We usually need to keep a 4 or 5 foot buffer between DD10 and DD4. :laughing:

2 things

1. where did you get the carrot cake cookie ?

2. if you ever hear us say "you might want to get in front of me" when walking, don't hesitate, run. :rolleyes1

More please. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter