DCL not ready to return to Tortola yet...

Hello! Do you mind me asking who you used in SXM? We are on the 7/28 Eastern that just got moved there. We were going to sail again with Aristocat in Tortola, whom we LOVE, so we are looking for something similar. Thank you for your time! Cheers!
Soualiga. It won't be quite the same as Aristocat - Soualiga uses speedboats, versus the catamarans, so it's a different kind of ride. But we got to sight-see, snorkel, beach, swim, see planes take off and land, and get wildly sunburnt.

Soualiga. It won't be quite the same as Aristocat - Soualiga uses speedboats, versus the catamarans, so it's a different kind of ride. But we got to sight-see, snorkel, beach, swim, see planes take off and land, and get wildly sunburnt.

THANK YOU!!!! Cheers!

Where would you rather go?

Doesn't matter. I haven't been to either one (at least, off the ship) yet as I'm 0-for-2 with St Maarten (haven't been on a cruise scheduled to go to Tortola yet). First cruise going to St Maaten, I came down with flu on the ship and was quarantined to the stateroom for the day we docked there. The next cruise we were supposed to go to SXM, there was a tropical storm that altered our course and we went to San Juan instead. We are also scheduled to go to Tortola in February (Norwegian Bliss cruise), so I guess my ideal scenario would be SXM in August and then Tortola in February.

I really want to go to Anguilla. DCL does't offer an excursion but I might have to look local if we dock at St Maarten

We did the Soualiga excursion when we got switched in April based on recommendations from her and it was fantastic. Best day of our cruise!
Their web site looks nice. Is it a DCL Excursion?

Bob, the owner, is wonderful at emailing you back right away. I had many questions and he was on top of it!!
Yes, he replied to my email the same day. BTW, he doesn't do an Anguilla excursion. To much risk (of missing the boat) and takes too long for customs.

Yes, he replied to my email the same day. BTW, he doesn't do an Anguilla excursion. To much risk (of missing the boat) and takes too long for customs.

That's the issue with Anguilla from SXM. British customs are involved.

I would really like to g to Anguilla.

Very few of the charter captains will take you, and you will need a passport and a backup plan to catch up to the ship at St. Thomas to fall back on if anything goes amiss. Using the ferry is probably not workable.

There are day trips to Anguilla but they are oriented to people staying on SXM.

I grew up in Miami and my Dad was always taking me to the airport to see the new planes coming in and helicopters, etc. We'd sit outside the fence and snack and watch. It was great noisy fun

Is the 94th Aero Squadron still by the airport? I think that's the restaurant you can see the planes and hear the tower? Definitely a "location" restaurant ... don't remember going for the food, yet rather the experience.

Hi! Do you mind me asking what you did for your port day? We are looking to use an independent charter for sailing/snorkeling and would love suggestions if you did that for your port stop! Cheers!

We did not do anything this past trip in April...but when we were in St. Maarten in April 2015, we took a great tour called "Under Two Flags" It was educational AND there was time for shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter