DDC XXIX: We’re Over 750 Dads, With A Disney Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread smell, eh? I think I can fix that... *goes to get his grill*

Well, success on not falling asleep during new shift day #1. Unfortunately, Donovan decided he wasn't going to cooperate with daddy today so no sleep until 5pm (I was up since 9:30pm the night before).

Yeah, I'm feeling it tonight.

2 days to disdad meet with Barry. And it's swashbuckler weekend at the Faire. Could it be goofier? Yes, but norm is in Kentucky.

disdadIL said:
2 days to disdad meet with Barry. And it's swashbuckler weekend at the Faire. Could it be goofier? Yes, but norm is in Kentucky.
LOL!

Have fun boys. Minnesota's Renaissance Festival is about a month away

GrandAdmiralStrife said:

Well, success on not falling asleep during new shift day #1. Unfortunately, Donovan decided he wasn't going to cooperate with daddy today so no sleep until 5pm (I was up since 9:30pm the night before).

I've been there. Coffee works better than pop and Red Bull only in emergencies.

Morning Men, :surfweb:
I see the other thread is still open (at least as of 5:12am CST it was)

And look at that I am already getting a good start for myself in this thread. Two days in a row.

Goal to self. Get on the top 20 lists

I'm in! Hopefully I at least beat my nemesis.

This hasn't been to difficult for me since my nemessisiiss now has twins to take care of. Plus he uses that whole 'I am in another country' excuse too.
So needless to say he has made it easy for me to beat him even though i haven't even been on here that much.

Thought about seeing Barry and a few others while they were there last year but was too beat to make the effort.
But it's the thought that counts. ;)

Man the new place still smells sort of new but by page 4 Barry has already soiled it! :rotfl2:
Page 1 Baby! Now I can spread my excellence throughout the e n t i t r e thread!

I gotta come visit the dads more often. Especially with a trip to the world coming up in 25 days.
:wave2: Yeah you do.

The summer between my freshmen and sophomore years at college I worked in a plastic factory on a swing shift. One week on first shift, a week on 2nd, a week on 3rd, repeat. I could never get used to the sleep patterns. I can't imagine doing it with a baby. Good luck, sir!

pirate:

G'mornin gents

Ever had a Red Bull emergency? Sounds important.

Probably a better goal than getting on a Letterman Top Ten. :duck:

Checking in from the break room. Back to running on naps for the next four days

You should probably rest on those naps. Running with your eyes closed is always asking for trouble. :rolleyes1

But it's the thought that counts. ;)

Really?

Page 1 Baby! Now I can spread my excellence throughout the e n t i t r e thread!

:sick:

The summer between my freshmen and sophomore years at college I worked in a plastic factory on a swing shift. One week on first shift, a week on 2nd, a week on 3rd, repeat. I could never get used to the sleep patterns. I can't imagine doing it with a baby. Good luck, sir!

Plastic Factory... Toxic fumes... <Insert your own Barry joke here.> :lmao:

I agree it is shameful...I was busy saving lives and limbs!:rotfl2:

Yeah, it's always some excuse with you. :lmao:

I remember those days. I'd wake up around 7 and have to figure out if it was AM or PM. Good luck.

I rock out any party. You're just jealous I'm not there.

I see the other thread is still open (at least as of 5:12am CST it was)

And look at that I am already getting a good start for myself in this thread. Two days in a row.

Goal setting. I'll drink to that type of productivity"

Good Thursday morning guys. Sure wish work would stop getting in the way of my reading these boards and planning our Jan WDW trip. But, I guess I gotta bring home the BACON if we want that trip to be a reality.

Work $@(%$...
This has been a public service announcement.
We now return you to DDC-XXIX already in progress.

‘Morning all…

I remember doing stuff like that back in my misspent youth, and then again when our boy was that young. Operating on that little sleep can allow you to see the world in a rather different light.

A slightly demented one… but certainly different.

Hang in there it does get better.

Red Bull didn’t exist back then (yah I’m ancient). Caffeine pills did though…
I don’t recommend them either.

Plastic Factory... Toxic fumes... <Insert your own Barry joke here.> :lmao:

Naaaa… I think you pretty well covered it.

Good morning gents & happy Friday eve!

I'll second that.............
It may be a might early…
But I’ll have a couple of those if you don't mind.

Wow my trip to the world id almost a month away.. I have nothing planned out except the rooming so far. Nothing like winging it!!!

Found it... sorry to hear about your dad... prayers Darcy.

My father is going through similar issues with his heart. Not fun!

Prayers for your dad, too, Brian.

I gotta come visit the dads more often. Especially with a trip to the world coming up in 25 days.

Woo Hoo!
We may be able to get a meet in. We will be there July 30 - Aug 6.

Wow my trip to the world id almost a month away.. I have nothing planned out except the rooming so far. Nothing like winging it!!!

:eek:

Whoa! I an getting a nervous tick just thinking about that. I am an avid pre-planner and I couldn't imagine waiting last minute - ADRs are hard enough to get for summer at 4 - 5 months out. Good luck, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter