• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Do it, there is so much you can do with turkey. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, turkey-kabobs, turkey creole, turkey gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple turkey, lemon turkey, coconut turkey, pepper turkey, turkey soup, turkey stew, turkey salad, turkey and potatoes, turkey burger, turkey sandwich. That- that's about it.

Is it time to start Bubba Gump turkey company?

Happy Thanksgiving Guys!

giphy.gif
I didn't have any thankgiving pants on, but I didn't stuff myself to the gills either. One of the few times I pushed away from the thanksgiving table content and not miserable.

One outlaw dinner done. The BIL had his twin 16 year old daughters sit at the adult table while i sat with my daughters at the kids table. SIL (his wife) came over to the kids table and made another cousin get up she could drag her chair back to the adult table.
I read that while on vacation, but yet another that I couldn't get to quote right on my phone.
Sounds like a real winner. Sorry you have to put up with that...you're a better man than I am, because I would have said something.

Yes, the chair was for herself. I had some accomplishments, and my parents taught me I wasn't the best in the world. But, when everything in life is begged for and given, you always think you're entitled. And, they are passing it down to their kids as well.

Derby pie is great, but you can't put it on a menu because of trademark infringement. The Louisville company sues everyone. So, I'll see it named chocolate chip pecan pie, race first week in May pie, horsey pie, etc. Restaurant owners can be fun and creative.
I love pecan pie (my favorite dessert), but can't ruin it by putting chocolate or chocolate chips.

On the good news front, the turkey is in the oven. I tried it the splotchbake method from Rachel Ray, with my usual seasoning/ brine. I'll post a picture when done. I've got the rolls made and in the fridge. I folded in butter to the cold dough, and am letting it sit before one more folding. DW and the girls have the Christmas tree up and are decorating it. I have the lights hung on the house. Working it this holiday ....
I'll have to look that up...never heard of the splotchbake method. For me, since I was visiting, I didn't have to make anything, but I did make my cheesecake and they all raved about it.

'
Not to worry, you aren't missing anything; that comment has to do with folks I know down this way.
Our local high school band made its second appearance in the Macy's Parade yesterday and having been part of the contingent that went up there back in 2011, I'm snickering at some of the commentary from the folks that are up there this time around. Now I actually did write up a TR on our adventure to NY if you're really interested, but otherwise you haven't missed anything. Well, there was the deleted thread that occurred at that same time, but again you aren't really missing much and it was a good while back in our "illustrious" history.

Yeah, I missed a lot. I signed up back in 2008, but my main focus at that point was planning our first family trip with the kids. We loved it so much (and the deal for DVC then was so good), we became DVC members and never looked back. I'd have to say one of the best investments I've done. Sadly, after that trip, I didn't pay much attention to the disboards and only recently came across you great group of guys.

Yeah, depending on how big the gator and how fast you hit it, they can do a number on the car. My fear was coming across one laying in the road with my motorcycle. I knew the technique to "jump" it, just hoped I never had to try and thankfully never did.
:eek:
Jumping gators on a bike? NOPE!!

(Note to self. Reconsider bike trip to Florida.)

Happy Saturday. I hope everyone's stomachs have returned to their normal size, whatever that may be. On the home front, we are going to give Amazon Prime a try. We have had Netflix and enjoy it. Looks like Prime has movies/ tv along with music and free shipping. We did the trial month and will then decide which one to keep.
Can't remember if I posted on this thread or a different one. I got rid of satellite TV several years ago now. Have an HD antenna to get local channels and then netflix and Amazon prime. I had hulu, but got rid of them because of all the stinking commercials. Occasionally I find something good on AP, but most of the movies I've looked up are pay movies, which is frustrating. I use the free shipping more with AP, but still like that I can find some good movies/series also.

:eek:
Jumping gators on a bike? NOPE!!

(Note to self. Reconsider bike trip to Florida.)
It can be done (same technique for going over other obstacles in the road), just glad I never had to try it. It doesn't happen that often, but sometimes they like to sun themselves on the road. The place I was worried about it was the long stretch of 27 through the sugar cane fields...not as much traffic and so a bit more likely for them to be out there. Most roads are well enough traveled, it doesn't happen as much now-a-days.

You’ve all given me an idea for barbecue season. We have a rotisserie that we normally use for chicken but it would be interesting to try on the barbecue cut open that way. I’ll have to keep it in mind.
If you're using charcoal, throw a bit of rosemary on there if its a spatchcock. Just adds a delicate je ne sais quoi to the proceedings.
Actually, its only 2c here, I reckon I could get one in this week.....

Which group would that be?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about someone else.

Packing up as we are off to Cornwall in the South West of the mother country for Lady K's birthday weekend extravaganza from Thursday night. All very windswept and Jurassic. Without, you know, Chris Pratt and Dicky Attenboro. Its a 5 hour drive, which is about the same as DLP. I know which one I would rather be at, but hey ho, it's her birthday and all that.

May your week be as short as the odds on John Fox getting binned in the off season. I know, I know, never tell me the odds, Norm......

What is wrong with you????

:lmao:
Well, that's a really long list...so I'll save you the boring details.

Actually, I've been doing the keto diet and it's working really well. Thanksgiving was my cheat or treat day (whichever you prefer). I did not want to overdo and stretch my stomach back out and also didn't want to feel miserable so aside from seconds on deviled egg and jello salad, I stopped before I got miserable. Left room for my cheesecake, which ironically I normally don't get to have...usually I make them for church events and let all the other folks enjoy.

Morning gents.
Mild morning. -6. Not bad.

Just... tooooo early.
I presume you mean -6 C. Yes, that's too bad and sorry, better you than me! We're at about 40F here and that's cold enough, especially after a glorious week of 70-80 in FL.

Morning Guys.

Busiest weekend of the year has come to an end. We had another successful annual summit, AGM and awards night. We had over 200 people at our awards dinner and ceremony and we raised a almost $3500 for our KidSport charity. Hospitality room shut down at 3 am this year so that was a bit earlier than normal. I was happy though as it allowed me to get back to town by 10:30 am and see DS play their last semi-final game in their tournament, unfortunately it was another close loss to our cross-town rival. We went back later in the afternoon to watch the final and it was nuts! A player ejected in the 2nd quarter, a fan ejected in the 3rd quarter and lots of scoring.

The office this morning hasn't been very productive but I'm here.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

If you're using charcoal, throw a bit of rosemary on there if its a spatchcock. Just adds a delicate je ne sais quoi to the proceedings.
Actually, its only 2c here, I reckon I could get one in this week.....

I've BBQd down to -35 so +2 is doable.

Well, that's a really long list...so I'll save you the boring details.

:laughing:

Actually, I've been doing the keto diet and it's working really well. Thanksgiving was my cheat or treat day (whichever you prefer). I did not want to overdo and stretch my stomach back out and also didn't want to feel miserable so aside from seconds on deviled egg and jello salad, I stopped before I got miserable. Left room for my cheesecake, which ironically I normally don't get to have...usually I make them for church events and let all the other folks enjoy.

Don't know that diet. But good on you!

I presume you mean -6 C.

::yes:: The scale the rest of the planet uses, yes.

Yes, that's too bad and sorry, better you than me! We're at about 40F here and that's cold enough, especially after a glorious week of 70-80 in FL.

Coming back from FL to snow was... jarring.

?????????????????

:laughing: That one shook you, did it?

tumblr_mf6m316qVe1r7873t.jpg

8493657238851ac47eae89a8e07cf178--national-lampoon-christmas-national-lampoons.jpg

?????????????????
There are many varieties of this, but the particular one we do is....

1 large Pkg lime jello
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 can crushed pineaple, drained
1 cup (at least) of chopped pecans

Soften the cream cheese before hand

Make the jello per directions with boiling water and then stir in cream cheese to incorporated it fully. Then add cold water for jello. Stir in pineapple and pecans and chill to set. I'm not a big lime fan (key lime pie excepted), but this stuff is the bomb.

No! Just NO!!

Correct.
Experience has shown that BBQing at -35 doesn't work. The propane gels and you don't get much flame at all.

Thanks. I've lost 23 pounds thus far.

Good for you! Really!

My scale is in pounds. I know some folks use Kilos or stones.

We're legalizing marijuana up here... so I wonder if we'll switch from kilos to stoned, too.

I imagine worse for you than me, but that's why I don't live in the tundra. ;)

You're obviously smarter than I am.

Is Rusty still in the Navy?:rotfl:

:laughing: That one shook you, did it?
I've heard of Jello. Just not in reference to a salad. Which to me suggests some kind of Rabbit food. I guess you have fruit salad, so now I get it. Every day is a school day.....
Morning Guys.
Welcome back buddy, saw your running commentary on FB on the slap shot-esque final and was chuckling to myself.
There are many varieties of this, but the particular one we do is....
this stuff is the bomb.
This is so going on the Fakesgiving menu next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter