DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We're legalizing marijuana up here... so I wonder if we'll switch from kilos to stoned, too.
I tried it a couple times in high school. Made me hungry and sleepy. So, I guess I should send any additional weight I lose up that way for the folks who will eat and go to sleep?

Welcome back buddy, saw your running commentary on FB on the slap shot-esque final and was chuckling to myself.

LOL. I use Twitter at the games so one of local online basketball sites can pick them up for their feed. It a site called NB Hoops Report and the guy that runs it does a fantastic job with any basketball that is New Brunswick related. That game was crazy! The team with the player ejected has a bit of a history and the head coach does little to stop it. At one point he even crossed the floor and stood at the foot of the bleachers getting into it with the fans. Lot of people seem to forget it's high school basketball, it is an invitational tournament in November and the respective provincial championships aren't for another 3 months.

Nice meeting @Captain_Oblivious & Scotty a couple days ago. :)

Great meeting you as well! And thanks again for dinner.

wp_20171124_14_03_52_pro-jpg.284979

Maybe it was called spatchbake? Anyway, cut out the backbone and lay flat. This is an 11 pound turkey done in 2 hours at 350. The internal temp was 170. I'd brown off the skin more but am afraid to dry it out. I'll let you know how it tastes here in a bit.

Nice work. I broke out the smoker as this was the first year I've ever been responsible for Thanksgiving dinner. Seems to have been a hit.

We pulled all the decorations and such for the Holidays down out of the atic and plan to get started on putting it all up tomorrow.
That will be a first in our house and I've never in my life put up the tree and trimmings anywhere near this early in the season.

My parents used to have a family tradition where we would go out and get our tree on Dec. 24 and then put it up. I never much liked it because we only got to enjoy the tree and all of the decorations for maybe 2 weeks. So ever since I got my own house we put it up the day after Thanksgiving.

Morning gents.
Mild morning. -6. Not bad.

Just... tooooo early.

Thanks for not telling them how much you were laughing at Scotty and me wearing jackets in 50F weather the other night.

put up the Christmas lights on Saturday. I generally don’t bother until the month starts with the letter D but it was a nice sunny day with no wind and about 8C so I figured it might be the last pleasant day we’ll get before Christmas, might as well get it out of the way.

I used the same justification to make my boys mow the lawn one more time.:thumbsup2

Is Rusty still in the Navy?:rotfl:

Is your house on fire, Clark?

Great meeting you as well! And thanks again for dinner.

You're welcome!
I just didn't play the game right.
Next time when you say "I can pay." I'm just gonna hand you the check.

I'll probably still lose because you will inexplicably have to go to the bathroom for 20 minutes at that point.

Thanks for not telling them how much you were laughing at Scotty and me wearing jackets in 50F weather the other night.

That would be impolite.

<bends over laughing uncontrollably while pointing at the two freezing people.>

You're welcome!
I just didn't play the game right.
Next time when you say "I can pay." I'm just gonna hand you the check.

I'll probably still lose because you will inexplicably have to go to the bathroom for 20 minutes at that point.

That would only happen if we went to Taco Bell. In any case, next one's on me.

That would be impolite.

<bends over laughing uncontrollably while pointing at the two freezing people.>

There is a nip in the air, though.

Happy Monday. Survived a 4 hour meeting today. At least they fed me lunch.

Lol. I gotta hand it to you....

Poor choice of words there.
!

In my hand for 4 hours? Not possible. :lmao:

I didn't have any thankgiving pants on, but I didn't stuff myself to the gills either. One of the few times I pushed away from the thanksgiving table content and not miserable.

You're better than me. I ate myself extra full.

I read that while on vacation, but yet another that I couldn't get to quote right on my phone.
Sounds like a real winner. Sorry you have to put up with that...you're a better man than I am, because I would have said something.

I've said stuff in the past and it only hurts DW. Now, I just stop. I drink a lot though.

Well, that's a really long list...so I'll save you the boring details.

Actually, I've been doing the keto diet and it's working really well. Thanksgiving was my cheat or treat day (whichever you prefer). I did not want to overdo and stretch my stomach back out and also didn't want to feel miserable so aside from seconds on deviled egg and jello salad, I stopped before I got miserable. Left room for my cheesecake, which ironically I normally don't get to have...usually I make them for church events and let all the other folks enjoy.

Heard great things about Keto diet. I probably should try it. If only pizza and beer were on it.

I was happy though as it allowed me to get back to town by 10:30 am and see DS play their last semi-final game in their tournament, unfortunately it was another close loss to our cross-town rival. We went back later in the afternoon to watch the final and it was nuts! A player ejected in the 2nd quarter, a fan ejected in the 3rd quarter and lots of scoring.

That's one heck of a game.

We're legalizing marijuana up here... so I wonder if we'll switch from kilos to stoned, too

Which is closer? Canada or Colorado? Sounds like it's time.to vacation there.

I've said stuff in the past and it only hurts DW. Now, I just stop. I drink a lot though.
DW didn't think it was bizarre they relegated you to the kids table and his kids were at the adult table? She doesn't understand how much you dislike going? I get you don't want to hurt her, but I would think she might not want you to be miserable either.

Heard great things about Keto diet. I probably should try it. If only pizza and beer were on it.
I haven't found a recipe yet, but I'm sure it's out there. The only part you wouldn't be able to have is the crust. The other parts (sauce, cheese, pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon, etc.) are perfectly fine. Can you tell I'm a meat lover's pizza person? DW make pizza sauce from scratch and it contains tomato sauce, garlic, olive oil and italian seasonings (all good for keto...well mostly not bad and the olive oil is good). There are two flour alternatives I've found thus far (almond flour and coconut flour that are good for keto). As I said, I'm sure there's a recipe for keto pizza dough. As for the beer, well...sorry...too many carbs.

My weakness has always been I have a sweet tooth. I haven't been craving the carbs/sweets since about the 3rd or 4th day. If you're believe in fasting and prayer, you can fast for a day or two and kick in the ketosis right away so the cravings would be even less noticeable.

Update: Found this recipe: https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza/

Last edited:
DW didn't think it was bizarre they relegated you to the kids table and his kids were at the adult table? She doesn't understand how much you dislike going? I get you don't want to hurt her, but I would think she might not want you to be miserable either.

It's a long story, but in essence, DW was the reason her parents got married right out of HS. 7 years later, her brother came along, 2 years later they divorced and fought over custody of the boy and only grandson on both sides of the family. She was the forgotten child they both blamed, and she has been trying to fix things for them ever since. Because her dad was there, she has to go, without exception. There is nothing that could ever prevent that.

It's better now than we first were married, and i only have to endure the holidays.

I did better before I picked up the 2nd job - both eating better and exercising. I need to get back to both. Eating less pizza and drinking less beer would also help.

There is a nip in the air, though.

See that, Rusty?

In my hand for 4 hours? Not possible. :lmao:

Sure you could. It wouldn’t be hard.

Which is closer? Canada or Colorado? Sounds like it's time.to vacation there.

Wait till next year. Still illegal right now.

It's a long story, but in essence, DW was the reason her parents got married right out of HS. 7 years later, her brother came along, 2 years later they divorced and fought over custody of the boy and only grandson on both sides of the family. She was the forgotten child they both blamed, and she has been trying to fix things for them ever since. Because her dad was there, she has to go, without exception. There is nothing that could ever prevent that.

Ouch

See that, Rusty?
Yule. As in Log. I mean, I don't have a log.....
Eating less pizza and drinking less beer would also help.
I doesn't make you live longer mate, it just feels like it.
Is your house on fire, Clark?
Did I break wind again?

Happy tuesday all, may your cups be full of dole whip. Apart from Docs, who's cup can be full of sugar free dole whip substitute.
Gonna put the lights up today, and maybe drag the Grinch and Max down from the loft.

Morning gents.
Couple more hours to go then sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Hey guys. Post Thanksgiving rush so off here for a couple of days. You guys were chatty. Just got back from the gastro doctor. Have a colonoscopy scheduled in January so I have that to look forward to that in the New Year. Post DDC at least so I will worry about it later.

That's it from me.

Hey guys. Post Thanksgiving rush so off here for a couple of days. You guys were chatty. Just got back from the gastro doctor. Have a colonoscopy scheduled in January so I have that to look forward to that in the New Year. Post DDC at least so I will worry about it later.

That's it from me.

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter