DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Always wanted to go to Europe for Christmas.

Went with my Dad back in 04 I believe it was. We went to Nuremburg in November I think. We went to see one of the oldest Christmas markets in Germany. Then I spent some time in Berlin, Hanover, Dresden looking around.

They know how to do Christmas over there. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Posted this on FB with the tag line: "They call her the Three Finger Pirate Princess" (and no, no fingers were lost). That is a big Bull Shark. She found out today she was named the Top Intern for the Semester. They allow her to bring someone free to go on a tagging expedition. And no, she isn't taking me. Next time I am going to root for the shark.

Whoa. Big fish.
Congrats to the pirate princess (on keeping her fingers, and) on being named top intern!

Afternoon chaps from a Sunny Cornwall. It’s always nice when you turn up at 1245 and they have your room ready. I think there’s only about 10 guests at the hotel. So......
That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the bar for Doom Bars has to take Megara home. And let me tell ya, she can go the distance.

Have a great weekend chaps.

"Hey kids lets go walk through a giant colon." Sounds like something Mark would do.

You should try some of this.

42271_franchise_icon0009.jpg.png

That is a big Bull Shark. She found out today she was named the Top Intern for the Semester.

Dilly dilly!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Been way too long stopping by. Extremely busy / crazy both professionally and personally with Holiday prep. Looking to a more quiet weekend and getting back into the swing of things around here. Prayers, congrats (both intended for CJ's procedure, depending on point of view) and holiday cheer!

Just got back from fighting with the Govm't. Painfully long wait even though I had an appointment. The waiting area smelled like a crowded queue on an August afternoon at the AK. The outcome is they won and I didn't argue with them. Seems they owed more money than I thought they did. I said OK and should have a check in 2-3 weeks. Nice Christmas bonus and a little extra cash for the DDC fund.

Whoa. Big fish.
Congrats to the pirate princess (on keeping her fingers, and) on being named top intern!

Dilly dilly!

Thanks, pretty proud of her. Now if she can find a job when she graduates in May.

Afternoon chaps from a Sunny Cornwall. It’s always nice when you turn up at 1245 and they have your room ready. I think there’s only about 10 guests at the hotel. So......
That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the bar for Doom Bars has to take Megara home. And let me tell ya, she can go the distance.

After getting the news, first round is on me. Have fun in Cornwall.

Prayers, congrats (both intended for CJ's procedure, depending on point of view) and holiday cheer!

Thanks.

Good Luck!

Your wishing me luck must have paid off.

Just got back from fighting with the Govm't. Painfully long wait even though I had an appointment. The waiting area smelled like a crowded queue on an August afternoon at the AK. The outcome is they won and I didn't argue with them. Seems they owed more money than I thought they did. I said OK and should have a check in 2-3 weeks. Nice Christmas bonus and a little extra cash for the DDC fund.
Nice work my friend. Good things should happen to good people.

Kids are pretending to be asleep in the other room, but we can hear them giggling between them. It's lovely now, they are their own little team.

Happy Friday. Made it to both jobs today. Water boil advisory projected through the weekend. Bought paper plates and forks at store to avoid purifying water to wash the dishes. I'm also bought more beer to do my part.

As to the pics, they don't bother me. I'll deal with the procedure fine, I am just a little worried about the results. Laughter keeps my mind off it.

Well, we will just keep making jokes about it then. I guess you'll learn what a wine bottle feels like.

I'm a ";" now since going in for the happy 50th Birthday colonoscopy 3 years ago and getting an unwelcome surprise, but it beats not being here. Feel free to contact me if needed.

Good to see you back around these parts.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Did you have a hard week of work staying at home watching TV, 007?

You should try some of this.

Dilly dilly!

DQ dilly bars or any of their ice creams work as well.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Been way too long stopping by. Extremely busy / crazy both professionally and personally with Holiday prep. Looking to a more quiet weekend and getting back into the swing of things around here. Prayers, congrats (both intended for CJ's procedure, depending on point of view) and holiday cheer!

Can't let work interfere with your slacking off time. Good to see you back here as well.

Congrats on getting money back from the government. Once Crash gets the job and out of school, then you can really celebrate!!!

Good deal there CJ, congrats.
Happy Friday. Made it to both jobs today. Water boil advisory projected through the weekend. Bought paper plates and forks at store to avoid purifying water to wash the dishes. I'm also bought more beer to do my part.
Always said you were a good samaritan and always did your part.

Evening gents. End of a long day after a bit of a stressful day prior.
Unwinding on the DIS for a bit before I call it. Even longer day tomorrow coming up.

Evening Gents.

Quick check in from the hotel. DS and his team went 2-0 today to win their pool and advance to the tournament semi-final They certainly didn't play that well over all and needed a 3 pointer with 1.9 seconds left to win the game tonight. Now here I sit enjoying a cold one from Muskoka Brewery - Moonlight Kettle.

Nice job on the money find Cj.

And just like that, summer vacation plan grew like my stomach on Thanksgiving.

We added 3 days at Vero Beach and booked round trip flight and rental car. DW and I discussed ADRs and came up with the plan.

Friday - arrive ESPN Club or other
Sat - Garden Grove seafood buffet
Sun - AK & Yak n Yeti
Mon - no park & Jiko
Tues - MK
Wed - no park, Bluezoo, & Jelly Rolls
Thurs - Epcot
Friday - Trattoria character breakfast
Sat - Vero Shutters Character b'fast
Sun - pizza place next door
Mon - fly home

We'll go to Mass first Saturday and following Sat/Sun. I'd like to try the Abracadabra bar as well at WDW, and of course, the Green Cabin at VBR.

Last edited:
Bueller? More than 12 hours between posts? C'mon Man!

Maybe the match of the year with Arsenal vs Manchester United.

Shopping?
Decorating?
Colon talk overdose?

Or it could be Championship Weekend. Some good games going on right now and last night's Stanford/USC game wasn't bad.

Shopping?
Decorating?
Colon talk overdose?

Or it could be Championship Weekend. Some good games going on right now and last night's Stanford/USC game wasn't bad.

Looks like Oklahoma and Georgia punched their tickets to the playoffs. Still needs to be a 8 game playoff.

Looks like Oklahoma and Georgia punched their tickets to the playoffs. Still needs to be a 8 game playoff.
There's a championship for ticket punching? So cool!
You Americans have contests for everything!

61NyeHwQoNL._SY355_.jpg

Evening Guys,

Home from the Island and Boys brought home the championship banner with them. In the end the two pool games they played yesterday were tougher than the semi and final they played today. That being said, they played a lot better today. In the semi-final they demolished the other guys 112-58 and then ran away from the host school 89-58 in the final. That makes 3 tournaments so far this season with a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd. Declan is in the regular rotation and getting his share of minutes. Always fun watching him play.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

OK since when do the threads go to a whopping 739 pgs (got to be a record). For me next weekend will be Awesome back to The House Of The Mouse. I got my pocket notebook a Gibbs phone up to date and ready for action (LOL Laugh but do not under estimate it) . But most of all I look forward to meeting up with my great friend Randall, We always have a awesome time hanging out, He is on his game but I'm hoping to show him something new, but there is always the backup plan of cocktails. ( Don't worry Carl everything will be open it is during the day not EMHs LOL) . Now if any other Dads will be there Dec 9-11 PM me would be honored to meet up with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter