DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning gents. Bit of a day ahead. Not feeling too great and too little sleep (again), but the world keeps spinning.
Picking up DD's cake at noon. Have a memorial or celebration of life or whatever you call a not-funeral at 2pm then home for DD so she can open presents before she leaves for dinner with a friend and then comes back for cake before she leaves again.

She's weird like that.

Happy Birthday to your DD. Sons are kids but daughters are little females so you can't expect logic.

Woo hoo! Fast passes are done. Didn't get FOP, so may just have to rope drop that like everyone else (or just not do it...see what DW wants to do).
Cool thing is they were able to link my niece's AP, so she's on all of our FP reservations, so whatever day(s) she can join us, we're good.
Got almost all morning FPs so we have the option of grabbing more in the afternoon if we want to.

Morning Guys.

Bit warmer here today, we're up around 0C. Had a little bit of snow last night but nothing major; it was just enough to show you who the lazy drivers are that don't feel the need to clean the snow off their vehicles.

Two and half days left in the work year!!

Have a good one.

Woo hoo! Fast passes are done. Didn't get FOP, so may just have to rope drop that like everyone else (or just not do it...see what DW wants to do).
Cool thing is they were able to link my niece's AP, so she's on all of our FP reservations, so whatever day(s) she can join us, we're good.
Got almost all morning FPs so we have the option of grabbing more in the afternoon if we want to.

Well done Sir!

Morning Guys.
Bit warmer here today, we're up around 0C. Had a little bit of snow last night but nothing major; it was just enough to show you who the lazy drivers are that don't feel the need to
That's one of the things (as with the people who won't get out of the left [or right in UK] lane) that is a pet peeve of mine. driving behind someone who hasn't cleaned off their car and being in a snow storm when there's no snow falling. It was real bad a couple weeks back when we got 9.5+ inches.

Well done Sir!
Thank you!

Morning all...
Been AWOL again; likely to be so some more...
Surviving December is always a bit of a struggle for me.

will try to keep up, but if I don't get a chance later on, then may all of you enjoy the holidays and find peace in your world.

Baldrick, I want you to go out and buy a turkey so large you'd think it's mother had been rogered by an omnibus.

Does anyone other than our British brothers know it?
Blackadder!

OK that made me smile a little bit.
Dang shame that the bulk of the viewing option produced by US networks are so wretched in comparison.

So, this Christmas is shaping up for a big practical joke. DW absolutely hates Elf on the Shelf. We never had it, and didn't want to encourage the kids to be a tattletale. This year however, she has posted a picture everyday on FB about a dead elf, dog eating an elf, house burned down by the elf, etc.

So, what do I do as a loving husband? YUP!!! I bought her an Elf on the Shelf. But, it didn't stop there. I used the dds and staged a picture with the elf. And of course, wrapped the elf with elf wrapping paper. I printed off some pictures online and the kids are hiding them now throughout our house. Oh yeah, I'm in trouble - but it's going to be fun.
Well worth getting in trouble!

I am not a fan of the little Elf either but sadly DW got me sucked into it a few years ago. I grudgingly play along for the kid's sake, but nights when I am the "helper" the Elf gets into much less trouble. I think the original story is cute and having the Elf move locations every night is OK, but I think it's been taken to excess with some of the elaborate set ups and pranks I've seen. The problem is the moms and kids look at it all on FB and social media, then they expect their Elf to be just as entertaining.

Hello gents and thanks for the support on the nutty travel schedule past couple of days. Keep telling our customers there are new technologies like video conference, skype, google hangouts........... Guess what I caught being in planes for the past couple of days. Oh well, less than 2 work days in the year so what the heck right. Have a good one and for the love of the DISDADS everybody watch Christmas Vacation if you haven't already (Hint CJ).

We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny @&^&%&!# Kaye

So, this Christmas is shaping up for a big practical joke. DW absolutely hates Elf on the Shelf. We never had it, and didn't want to encourage the kids to be a tattletale. This year however, she has posted a picture everyday on FB about a dead elf, dog eating an elf, house burned down by the elf, etc.

So, what do I do as a loving husband? YUP!!! I bought her an Elf on the Shelf. But, it didn't stop there. I used the dds and staged a picture with the elf. And of course, wrapped the elf with elf wrapping paper. I printed off some pictures online and the kids are hiding them now throughout our house. Oh yeah, I'm in trouble - but it's going to be fun.
Brilliant! :rotfl2:
One of my favorites. I need to start watching Christmas movies.
Start? Gotta be kidding me? For all out there that have not watched Christmas Vacation yet, lets get going her. Gonna need a man law or something to have this movie watched by first week of December.............
Sorry about FOP. We got it on our Feb trip but I took an afternoon slot.
Morning Guys.

Bit warmer here today, we're up around 0C. Had a little bit of snow last night but nothing major; it was just enough to show you who the lazy drivers are that don't feel the need to clean the snow off their vehicles.

Day and a half here .............
Morning all...

will try to keep up, but if I don't get a chance later on, then may all of you enjoy the holidays and find peace in your world.
Same to you sir and keep positive there.

Hello gents and thanks for the support on the nutty travel schedule past couple of days. Keep telling our customers there are new technologies like video conference, skype, google hangouts........... Guess what I caught being in planes for the past couple of days. Oh well, less than 2 work days in the year so what the heck right. Have a good one and for the love of the DISDADS everybody watch Christmas Vacation if you haven't already (Hint CJ).
You got some kind of bug on the plane, didn't you?

Sorry about FOP. We got it on our Feb trip but I took an afternoon slot.
Yeah, me too, but we might have another option. The last time we were there, we did a DVC "presentation" (already DVC members) and they were offering free any time fast passes. If they're doing that again, may try to snag some more.

Day and a half here .............
Same here. My hours on my contract will be up tomorrow, so I'll have the rest of the year off. So, I guess we'll be joining CJ.

Afternoon guys. Waiting for the kid to come over so we can hit Publix for the Christmas feast. Dinner menu: Stuffed mushrooms for the appetizer, steak and scalloped potatoes for me, stove top stuffing and unknowable meat substitute for her, mushroom bean casserole and not idea for dessert. Same goes for breakfast.

Thanks, but it is true really. Getting old and reflecting on all I have. Even relative to most of the folks in the developed world I have it pretty good. Employed, relatively healthy, kids not on drugs, still the same wife after 22 years (even though she is menopausal), food to eat, roof over our heads. It hasn't always been easy, but it sure could have been a lot worse.

Like you, I have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season.

Good luck on the packing, that's always fun. Usually takes me about 10 or 15 minutes.

I have a Disney drawer and all I do to pack is throw that stuff in a suitcase and I am ready to go. Electronics take more time (and care) to pack.

Thanks guys. She has started finding the pictures hidden around the house, and of course, found the gift wrapped under the tree in elf paper. I think i covered on what's inside. Going to be a fun 5 more days.

You are such a dead man. Don't worry though, your burial grounds (I'm thinking behind the house) will be a shrine that all Dis Dads will have to travel to visit.

Nicely done. You are indeed a Master Pl... oh wait, we already did that.

Morning all...

Same to you and your family Rob.

Start? Gotta be kidding me? For all out there that have not watched Christmas Vacation yet, lets get going her. Gonna need a man law or something to have this movie watched by first week of December.............

My bad. Did see White Christmas last night on Netflix and will be scanning the tube tonight for more.

Same here. My hours on my contract will be up tomorrow, so I'll have the rest of the year off. So, I guess we'll be joining CJ.

Welcome to the club guys. Not to rub it in but I am enjoying the he11 out of not having people panic over checks that haven't come in. The more I think about it, I just might be done. After the DDC, I might look for a part time thing doing something that would be interesting. Perks would be a big factor. Cruise industry is big down here, Hmmm.

Nicely done. You are indeed a Master Pl... oh wait, we already did that.
HEY! I resemble that remark.

Welcome to the club guys. Not to rub it in but I am enjoying the he11 out of not having people panic over checks that haven't come in. The more I think about it, I just might be done. After the DDC, I might look for a part time thing doing something that would be interesting. Perks would be a big factor. Cruise industry is big down here, Hmmm.
Do your research on cruise jobs. I've heard they pay you diddly and work you some insane hours with very little down time. I've looked into it a bit myself.
That's why I'm considering Disney. Disney perks are well, just DISNEY!

Nice tactic. Good job!
it was just enough to show you who the lazy drivers are that don't feel the need to clean the snow off their vehicles.
driving behind someone who hasn't cleaned off their car and being in a snow storm when there's no snow falling.
Our police prosecute you for that. 3 points on your license. No messing.
The Carolina Panthers owner is selling the team after hiring a female president.
I heard Diddy wants to buy them?
Same to you Rob. All the best mate.
Hello gents and thanks for the support on the nutty travel schedule past couple of days.
Welcome back mate, enjoy the wind down.
Merry Christmas!
Wow Darcy!, you look a LOT like Chevy Chase
And I never realised your missus was a teenage crush of mine.
mushroom bean casserole
Wow.....that sounds.......inedible.
I have a Disney drawer and all I do to pack is throw that stuff in a suitcase and I am ready to go. Electronics take more time (and care) to pack
Its a bit tougher with 2 kids and unpredictable weather.

Evening chaps from a drizzly London. Packed, kids are bed but way too excited for kids that have to be up in 9hrs. DS turned 7 today, so in laws and my mum & her partner came over for Fish & Chips. Looking forward to it gittin' my Dis fix. Photos I'll try and stick up on FB. Have great day fellas.

Happy Wednesday. Work is done for the year. I'll have to go in and change the church sign next week, but that will be it. Tennis tonight. My outlaws tomorrow. Will make the two hour drive one way, hope to be out in an hour, and back on the road.

That's the way to do. Then, stand in the FP line after the 3rd one a book the next one on the phone.

Well worth getting in trouble!

I am not a fan of the little Elf either but sadly DW got me sucked into it a few years ago. I grudgingly play along for the kid's sake, but nights when I am the "helper" the Elf gets into much less trouble. I think the original story is cute and having the Elf move locations every night is OK, but I think it's been taken to excess with some of the elaborate set ups and pranks I've seen. The problem is the moms and kids look at it all on FB and social media, then they expect their Elf to be just as entertaining.

I'm not a fan either. DW's anti-obsession is way over the top though.

Wow Darcy!, you look a LOT like Chevy Chase. I thought Declan was older than that. Good pic of the family. ;)

Didn't Rusty age a lot over the three movies?

You are such a dead man. Don't worry though, your burial grounds (I'm thinking behind the house) will be a shrine that all Dis Dads will have to travel to visit.

::yes:: And you can stop by the bourbon bar afterwards.

Do your research on cruise jobs. I've heard they pay you diddly and work you some insane hours with very little down time. I've looked into it a bit myself.
That's why I'm considering Disney. Disney perks are well, just DISNEY!

It may not be bad if you had no housing costs. Get off the boat, not pay for housing, mooch off CJ, and then go out on the next boat.

I thought about it as well, you know, to show off that rhinestone thong on my breaks. It could cause an international incident.

Our police prosecute you for that. 3 points on your license. No messing.

We don't get enough snow to really matter, but a dusting closes school and makes everyone go buy French toast ingredients.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter