• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning guys. The pictures arrived earlier than I expected and they were framed and wrapped last night. Now just waiting for one more gift to arrive in the mail. Nothing else to do except grocery shop for Christmas dinner. I could get used to this not working stuff. On the not so good side, I must have slept wrong last night because the ribs are hurting. Starting to get worried it could effect my ride plans when we go to the world.

Yup all the big bucks from the non-profit world.

Ain't that the truth.

No, it's bordering on the usurious this time of year, about 900GBP for the 4 of us. We get the chunnel for the cars, which is 120GBP total. Its about an hour from me where you get on in Kent, and then about 3 hrs the other side. It also lets us stop off on Xmas Eve french hypermarket for the good cheese for the Xmas celebrations....and maybe a cheeky couple of bottles of Chateauneuf.

When we went to the mainland from the UK, we took the ferry over and the train back. Both were enjoyable and easy ways to move from A to B. Yesterdays train wreck shows how far behind we are in the world with mass transit. Horrific accident.

Holy crap.
DD’s birthday tomorrow, but that’s it for us.

Happy Birthday to DD!

Bar Harbour is a beautiful spot.

Bar Harbor here is the site of 1 of the 2 "nude beaches" here. Depending on the fitness of the clientele, it could or could not be a beautiful spot.

Hi, hook up with this guy again last weekend in the World Also had shrimp and grits, so good!!!

Love the hat.

I am still on the green side of the sod though, and after facing three potentially fatal health issues in 3 years, I am doing better than I deserve. Therefore I will take the opportunity to wish you all an early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Appreciate who and what in your lives as tomorrow is promised nobody and this journey ends quicker than we anticipate.

First, BS on the "doing better than you deserve." You are a good man. May you also have a Merry, Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Sorry chief. I will re-instate the beatings for morale improvement. And ixnay on the self-beatings.

Very good. While you are at it, sack the joker that directed the title sequence.

Packing and catching up on the Bowl games from the weekend are the only things on the agenda today. Have a superlative day chaps.

Back at you.

Sorry chief. I will re-instate the beatings for morale improvement. And ixnay on the self-beatings.

Morning chaps from a beautiful morning here in London. -2 and the silent majesty of a winter's morn. An an @sshole in his bathrobe emptying his chemical toilet into my sewer. Lady K? Have you check the sh!tters honey?

Packing and catching up on the Bowl games from the weekend are the only things on the agenda today. Have a superlative day chaps.

Good luck on the packing, that's always fun. Usually takes me about 10 or 15 minutes.

Christmas Vacation quotes are always fun but what about this one:

Baldrick, I want you to go out and buy a turkey so large you'd think it's mother had been rogered by an omnibus.

Does anyone other than our British brothers know it?

Bar Harbor here is the site of 1 of the 2 "nude beaches" here. Depending on the fitness of the clientele, it could or could not be a beautiful spot.

Having been on a tour that made a stop at Orient Beach in St Maarten I totally understand what you are saying.

@pkondz --Happy birthday to your DD!

Right there with you. I still laugh at fart jokes.

I don't want to live in a world without fart jokes.

I am still on the green side of the sod though, and after facing three potentially fatal health issues in 3 years, I am doing better than I deserve. Therefore I will take the opportunity to wish you all an early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Appreciate who and what in your lives as tomorrow is promised nobody and this journey ends quicker than we anticipate.

Always good to hear from you, Shawn, and merry Christmas!

I won't mention which assignment, but when I was in the Air Force, a co-worker's last name was Bader. We used to call him master and he had no clue. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

You could also go with Darth. Such a versatile name!

Been watching Justified, and can't help think you might be an extra in one of those episodes.

Great show. One of my all-time favorites.

I wouldn't be any more surprised tomorrow if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet.

Remember that metal plate in my head? Well, every time Katherine would fire up the microwave, I'd p--- my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour.

Baldrick, I want you to go out and buy a turkey so large you'd think it's mother had been rogered by an omnibus.

:confused3

Morning gents. Bit of a day ahead. Not feeling too great and too little sleep (again), but the world keeps spinning.
Picking up DD's cake at noon. Have a memorial or celebration of life or whatever you call a not-funeral at 2pm then home for DD so she can open presents before she leaves for dinner with a friend and then comes back for cake before she leaves again.

She's weird like that.

Morning chaps from a beautiful morning here in London. -2 and the silent majesty of a winter's morn. An an @sshole in his bathrobe emptying his chemical toilet into my sewer. Lady K? Have you check the sh!tters honey?

He oughta know it's illegal. That's a storm sewer. If it fills with gas, I pity the person who lights a match within ten yards of it.

As much as my entire body is shuddering on complementing the french, they have beautiful driving manners and motorway discipline.

Good to know! If I ever do a bike tour there, I mean.

When I get back out our side I am venting at our mobs' incapacity to not occupy the outside lane. Its like they're getting bonus points for staying there.

Pet peeve of mine. MOVE OVER!

He wasn't in charge of anything sort of...mass destruction-y, was he?

:lmao:

Happy Tuesday. 10 more hours to work before off 2nd job for the end of the year. Decorating today.

aka: home stretch

The pictures arrived earlier than I expected and they were framed and wrapped last night.

Great!

On the not so good side, I must have slept wrong last night because the ribs are hurting. Starting to get worried it could effect my ride plans when we go to the world.

Ouch. Take it as easy as you can and do not... under any circumstances!... ride Prime-evil Hurl.

Happy Birthday to DD!

Thanks! I'll pass that along. :)

:laughing:

:lmao: No idea, but dang that's funny!

@pkondz --Happy birthday to your DD!

Thanks! I'll tell her. :)

Think carefully now... what about a world... without farts?

Depending on the fitness of the clientele, it could or could not be a beautiful spot.
I can only imagine if any of the DisDads showed up to that place, I expect the beauty rating would drop significantly!

Nope, funny quote but I haven't come across the source before.

then home for DD so she can open presents before she leaves for dinner with a friend and then comes back for cake before she leaves again.

She's weird like that.
Weird. Nah, she sounds like a young girl . I have one of those too. I think it's written in some code book that girls of that age must do things that make no sense, with the main purpose being to annoy their fathers.
Happy birthday to her anyway!

Genius.
Well played.

:lmao: No idea, but dang that's funny!

[/QUOTE]

Nope, funny quote but I haven't come across the source before.

[/QUOTE]

It is from Blackadder's Christmas Carol. If you have only see Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean you are really missing out. There are a number of different settings for the Blackadder series and they are all great. Here is a a couple of videos from the Christmas Carol. The first is the quote and the second is a seen that has been censored apparently.

Weird. Nah, she sounds like a young girl . I have one of those too. I think it's written in some code book that girls of that age must do things that make no sense, with the main purpose being to annoy their fathers.
Happy birthday to her anyway!

You’re probably right.
I’ll pass along your well wishes. :)

It is from Blackadder's Christmas Carol.

Oh! Heard of but never seen.
I’ll check out the videos later

Gotta love a business trip right before Christmas especially to the west coast. 14 hours of travel over two days starting at 3:30 am yesterday. On plane now heading home and then only a couple more days in the office for a while. Hope all are doin well and to those at a Disney park cheers!
Holy crap.
DD’s birthday tomorrow, but that’s it for us.
Happy birthday to your girl!
All jokes aside, I did enjoy Saturday despite the weather. Made cookies and watched Christmas movies with the family. Thankful the power didn't go out.
Sound s like a perfect Christmas time of year day
They live maybe four miles away from us. Wonderfully, we never see them all year but are stuck with them over the holidays. Even worse, it is back to back days. Even worstest, they are coming to my house.
Hang in there big guy
I'm doing a turkey solo with a stick of butter to keep it from drying out.
Gonna be doing a ham out on the grill - gonna be cold but that just means I’ll have to have the fire pit going.
As much as my entire body is shuddering on complementing the french,
:rotfl::thumbsup2
Happy Tuesday. 10 more hours to work before off 2nd job for the end of the year. Decorating today.
How’s the decorating goin - pics?
@pkondz Remember that metal plate in my head? Well, every time Katherine would fire up the microwave, I'd p--- my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour.
Not sure all I want between the ground and my brain is piece of government plastic - does it really matter Eddie?

Gotta love a business trip right before Christmas especially to the west coast. 14 hours of travel over two days starting at 3:30 am yesterday. On plane now heading home and then only a couple more days in the office for a while. Hope all are doin well and to those at a Disney park cheers!

14 hours of travel for one day of meetings...that's crazy!

That stinks! Sorry you had to do that. :sad2:

14 hours of travel over two days starting at 3:30 am yesterday. On plane now heading home
Safe travels my friend.
Picking up DD's cake at noon.
Happy birthday to the nipper
Mr Bean you are really missing out
possibly his worst role. Stand Up - Awesome. Blackadder - Possibly the funniest series in a generation. Mr Bean - not a fan.
Pet peeve of mine. MOVE OVER!
::yes::
Oh! Heard of but never seen.
I’ll check out the videos later
The second series is legendary. And the fourth. The first series is a bit of a slog.
I can only imagine if any of the DisDads showed up to that place, I expect the beauty rating would drop significantly!
You speak for yourself. Me in the mankini and Norm in the Rhinestone thong is the stuff ladies dreams are made of.
Think carefully now... what about a world... without farts?
Any user of the London Underground would declare a national holiday.
Starting to get worried it could effect my ride plans when we go to the world.
Look after yourself mate, I need you to tide over the Tambu lounge until I get there in April.

So, this Christmas is shaping up for a big practical joke. DW absolutely hates Elf on the Shelf. We never had it, and didn't want to encourage the kids to be a tattletale. This year however, she has posted a picture everyday on FB about a dead elf, dog eating an elf, house burned down by the elf, etc.

So, what do I do as a loving husband? YUP!!! I bought her an Elf on the Shelf. But, it didn't stop there. I used the dds and staged a picture with the elf. And of course, wrapped the elf with elf wrapping paper. I printed off some pictures online and the kids are hiding them now throughout our house. Oh yeah, I'm in trouble - but it's going to be fun.

Doesn't matter. You have them. And we would all look.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

How’s the decorating goin - pics?

Not sure all I want between the ground and my brain is piece of government plastic - does it really matter Eddie?

The plate is under this part here, and my hair just won't look right.

It was church decorating today. I had more fun than 14 hours of flying. Pictures are on the church website and FB page.

You speak for yourself. Me in the mankini and Norm in the Rhinestone thong is the stuff ladies dreams are made of.

You cover the dreams 007.
I'll cover the nightmares.
Either way, we'll be in their heads. :lmao:

Mental bleach. Where's the mental bleach? Ahhhhh......

And you've only seen pictures. I'm way uglier in person. :teleport:

Hold on, I'll just reach down and pick it up for you.(Slap bass plays in the background) :scared1:

You may have to resign for harassment after that one.
:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Last edited:
So, what do I do as a loving husband? YUP!!! I bought her an Elf on the Shelf. But, it didn't stop there. I used the dds and staged a picture with the elf. And of course, wrapped the elf with elf wrapping paper. I printed off some pictures online and the kids are hiding them now throughout our house. Oh yeah, I'm in trouble - but it's going to be fun.
:cool1::rotfl2:
Hero status.

Wish i would have known that when we were in Key Biscayne. I would have asked you to pull my finger.

Remember that metal plate in my head? Well, every time Katherine would fire up the microwave, I'd p--- my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour.

One of my favorites. I need to start watching Christmas movies.

Morning gents. Bit of a day ahead. Not feeling too great and too little sleep (again), but the world keeps spinning.
Picking up DD's cake at noon. Have a memorial or celebration of life or whatever you call a not-funeral at 2pm then home for DD so she can open presents before she leaves for dinner with a friend and then comes back for cake before she leaves again.

She's weird like that.

Sorry about not feeling well, get better. Mine is in her twenties and still does that.

Ouch. Take it as easy as you can and do not... under any circumstances!... ride Prime-evil Hurl.

Wouldn't do that even at 100%. That or Tea Cups.

Having been on a tour that made a stop at Orient Beach in St Maarten I totally understand what you are saying.

Darcy knows of what he speaks.

Let me know when you guys are going, I'll alert the media.

NOW THAT REALLY SUCKS!

Look after yourself mate, I need you to tide over the Tambu lounge until I get there in April.

Will do.

So, this Christmas is shaping up for a big practical joke. DW absolutely hates Elf on the Shelf. We never had it, and didn't want to encourage the kids to be a tattletale. This year however, she has posted a picture everyday on FB about a dead elf, dog eating an elf, house burned down by the elf, etc.

That is just pure genius! The extended time in the doghouse will be well worth it.

Well+done+sir+well+done+_770e920f339e340281a4b2410aa5a712 (1).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter