Deb's (solar) - Babysteps to Big Changes

Deb, good luck and have a great vacation!

You have come so far and the change in your mental attitude is as important (or probably more so) than the change in your body weight. One thing I have noticed with my thin friends, they may get off track with the holidays or a vacation with their food and exercise, but they get right back on. They stick with their healhty habits and don't consider them something short term. You sound like you are firmly in that camp now! In spite of the setbacks, your habits and commitment to yourself stayed firm. You are going to do great in the 1/2 Princess and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Safe trip and enjoy that warmer weather!:goodvibes

debprincess.jpg

Home from my trip...was an excellent time! Was proud of myself for sticking to it and getting it done. :thumbsup2

Hoping to catch up on journals this week.

Woohoo!!!!:woohoo: Way to go, Deb!!!!:cheer2: I can't wait to hear about your vacation and the Princess 1/2!:cheer2:

Hope you have a great day today!:hug:

This trip was incredible....just one I'll cherish for a long time. Going to do a condensed version - since it was a 2 week trip :thumbsup2

Drive down - nice mellow time with DH and enjoying talking, scenery, etc...instead of 95, we took 81 down which led us through some gorgeous areas and was less crowded than 95 usually is...perfect relaxed pace. YEAH - flying is faster, but DH isn't a fan, and the extra days with him were great.

Princess princess: at Disney:
Wow, do they put on an event...just amazing experience. I ran, I walked, I pushed myself when I was hitting the wall, and I made it. I was at the back of the pack and that was fine by me - I didn't get swept and reached my goal. :banana:

Enjoyed a few treats, did some resort hopping so my DH could see some of the other cool details that Disney puts into everything they do. (I usually go down with DS, so this was a real laid back version of Disney with DH) - our goal was to be very low key. Yummy food, yummy desserts, but now it's back to reality.

Officially gained 4 pounds during the 2 weeks, but 2 have dropped off all ready, and being as it's TOM, I'm expecting the last 2 to drop by the end of the week. Not too shabby. :woohoo:

Hilton Head Island - stopped here on the way home, got to see a rainbow forming over the ocean...very cool - and got a nice hot stone massage...HEAVEN, and my body needed it by this point.

Home, finally feeling caught up on life - and getting back on plan. Today is my first day fully on plan, and earlier this week have been weaning myself back onto it. --

Next 1/2 Marathon - about 4 weeks away
Next weight goal - 30 more pounds before my June/July Disney trip

:cheer2: Great trip, great memories, and great feeling inside when I finished my first 1/2 marathon.

Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Congrats on finishing the 1/2!

Congratulations Deb! What a nice trip you had, that drive down sounds like heaven. I can't wait for dh and I to take some road trips just us someday. Four pounds that is already half gone with the other two about to disappear, is awesome. Great job!

So where did you stay? That looks like Old Key West in the background maybe?

Love the picture and I know you will get to your goal by June. You can do it!

You look wonderful!:)

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and an amazing vacation, Deb! :cloud9:

We love the drive down to Disney too!:thumbsup2 My DH and I always have some great conversations on the way down. :goodvibes The excitement of making it through each state and then finally arriving in Florida is so much fun!:goodvibes

I am so proud of you for accomplishing your goal of completing the Princess 1/2!:hug: And coming home with only a 4 pound gain and 2 pounds gone already?!?!? That is WONDERFUL, Deb!:cheer2: You are such an inspiration to me!:hug:

A rainbow over the ocean and a hot stone message at Hilton Head sounds amazing!:cloud9:

Hope you have a great day today!:hug:

answering question: we stayed at Caribbean Beach, Jamaica area -- will update later

Woo hoo, glad to see you're back and returning to the groove of things. Can't wait to hear more about the trip.

Morning to everyone - thank you for stopping by and for all the congratulations. :love:

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach (Jamaica is my fave, so always request it - love to walk across the little cay and bridge to get to food court area, etc)

Let's see...some places we ate: ESPN Club, Beaches and Cream, Old Port Royale, 1900 Park Fare, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express, Lonestar (off site), Covington Mill (at the DTD Hilton)

Resort Hopped (i'd seen many before, took DH): Checked out Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kindgdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, (and not resort but over to ESPN World/Sports for Expo)

I'm not a big picture taker - take some, but nothing major...

Checked out: Celebration, Champions Gate, Clermont (ideas for possible move in future) - but we are still up in air - Hilton Head area also on our list - and a few others.

Our goal was to NOT make it about the parks, but enjoy all the other aspects, take it slow, low key, be outside and enjoy the air a lot, and of course the 1/2 marathon....

that's about as much of a recap as I can do :thumbsup2 -- it wasn't an adventure, just a relaxing - nice paced vaca to spend time with my husband and the Princess run.

Your vacation sounds amazing! I loved our trip to Disney last year when we had the time to resort hop. It made for such a relaxing trip.

Sounds like a great trip, Deb!:thumbsup2 When we go to WDW for free dining, we usually only spend 1 or 2 days in the parks. The rest of the time we relax by the pool, check out the resorts, and eat. It is so relaxing!:cloud9:

Got moving again last night...I've puttered a bit, walked around some...but finally back to my training schedule...which I needed to do.

Motivation is a funny thing...this big event ended - and i was like, okay I'm done, right? LOL NOPE, keep moving sister, you've got a long way to go still

...so did 3 miles last night, and picking up right where I was - I have another 1/2 in 3 weeks. Will do another shorter run this week, then a long run of 8-10 miles later in the week.

The good news is my legs feel springy/bouncy this morning and I'm grateful for that...they seriously needed a good stretching out and running helped. I've not moved enough since I got home...I put an end to that pattern and got it done.

Back on track...finally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter